It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capturing Proper UFO Footage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Really? I did not know that. Thank you for point that out! I will edit my post then

CX

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

To help stabilise the camera, if the camera has a strap, put it behind your neck and keep it stretched; the force you do to keep the strap stretched makes the camera much more steady than if you just had you harms resting, but it may become tiring for a long session.

We were taught that technique for steading a rifle with the sling when firing.

Didn't know you can do it with a camera too. Cheers for that.

CX

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
Good BUT do you know what this process will imply?
It depends on the system used, I have used a Panasonic DMC-FZ30 that is a photo camera but that makes good, 640x480, 30 fps video, and it writes it on the memory card in digital format.

Some cameras write directly to DVD.

Let's say I have a spectacular UFO footage videotaped with a standard HI8 camera.
The footage I took is 10 minutes long without editing or cuts And also with original audio with the requirements you mentioned. Now here comes the hard part.

How will I capture the 10 minute footage from my HI8 handycam to my PC or laptop?
Make a copy and send the copy to ATS.
This has the added advantage that you can blame someone else if the conversion is bad.

I will help you if you fail. The process to capture the 10 minute raw footage by the PC or laptop SHOULD BE DONE in NTSC Standard size minimun 720 X 480 at 30 frames per second 4:3 ratio AND UNCOMPRESSED by any means.
Are you sure?

Doesn't the process vary with the system used? NTSC is used mainly in the Americas (except Brazil and, I think, Argentina) and the Far East (Japan and South Korea), while PAL and PAL/SECAM is used in the rest of the world.

2- What kind of PC, laptop or Mac should a person have including processor, RAM memory, HD capacity, video and audio card etc. to accomplish this required high quality capture of the 10 minute RAW footage to be analyzed?
Video and audio card? I have used a computer without an audio card to convert some videos, and although the quality was not good (the original was not good either) the sound was converted.

3- What kind of video card should a person have powerful enough to capture a RAW footage uncompressed of these sizes and how much this card cost?
A dedicated converter should be better than using the video card input.

The internet server to be used to upload your required RAW footage captured from the videocamera. If it is a dialup just forget it, will take forever. If it is a fast server it will also take many time almost desesperatley long and for what, just to satisfy you and others? I don't think so. Think about it.
Dial-up is not the type of server, it's the type of connection, you are mixing things, you can have a slow connection (dial-up) to a fast server or a fast connection to a slow server.
I have uploaded more than 1GB in six hours, and after starting it does not need any more work.

I think that the tips given by DaMod, as general tips, are correct.

Obviously, if you cannot send the footage in raw format that should not stop you from publishing the footage. Keeping a copy available to ATS in case it is needed is always a good option, and one that was used before in some cases.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the follow up ArMaP, that was definitely a billion times more informative than free_spirit's harsh post. You always seem to have something good and solid to contribute to almost any thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by free_spirit

You know, if you thought any of my information was incomplete you could have just corrected me instead of attacking me..... Wouldn't that have been more productive? There was no need to be an A-Hole..... This thread is just to give tips.. You really didn't have to act like that, you should have really just provided information and added something that I missed, or perhaps give us some of your own knowledge. Instead, you simply tried to belittle me. Real Mature dude....

[edit on 13-7-2009 by DaMod]

No answers to any of my questions? I knew it. And also you say it was harsh? Well
take a time and read again your post. Who is the one shouting in capital letters
demanding with high voice tone this RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW etc. like if someone
here is some kind of retarded or similar, you see what I mean? And for what, just to
demonstrate what sir? That you are the perfect guy to do the perfect ufo recording
under the perfect circumstances signaling with capital letters your points.

i'm sorry sir but you showed no respect or education by shouting to us in capital letters
and claiming I don't know what, this was not a tutorial but a personal speech of your
claimed expertise, am I wrong? Sometime the truth hurts DaMode but you made a
mistake by shouting in capital letters about something you don't know entirely and
at the same time offending people.

I ask everybody to read again your post and see how many times you shouted in
capital letters and wrote the word RAW, what is wrong with you man? I would like
to read a serious tutorial with those points but with respect for all, not shouting.
I think this thing, to shout in capital letters is forbidden here, let's see if your
post is examined. In any case you failed to answer any of my questions therefore
you proved not to be qualified to demand anything. Prove I'm wrong and provide
the informations I requested or move on.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I guess Apple likes to "shout" about it too.

So does Microsoft

So does Nikon

So does ...

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

And now to clarify things here.

DaMod: Remember these 3 letters. R A W...... Here just so you don't forget.

RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW

We need the RAW footage or photo directly off of your camera. WE NEED THE RAW FOOTAGE DIRECTLY FROM YOUR DEVICE!

All right sir, I have a very good UFO footage recorded with my Hi8 mm videocamera.
Can you tell me step by step how can I deliver this footage to you according to your
requirements? Please advice.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You know, if you thought any of my information was incomplete you could have just corrected me instead of attacking me..... Wouldn't that have been more productive? There was no need to be an A-Hole..... This thread is just to give tips.. You really didn't have to act like that, you should have really just provided information and added something that I missed, or perhaps give us some of your own knowledge. Instead, you simply tried to belittle me. Real Mature dude....

No answers to any of my questions? I knew it. And also you say it was harsh? Well
take a time and read again your post. Who is the one shouting in capital letters
demanding with high voice tone this RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW etc. like if someone
here is some kind of retarded or similar, you see what I mean? And for what, just to
demonstrate what sir? That you are the perfect guy to do the perfect ufo recording
under the perfect circumstances signaling with capital letters your points.

i'm sorry sir but you showed no respect or education by shouting to us in capital letters
and claiming I don't know what, this was not a tutorial but a personal speech of your
claimed expertise, am I wrong? Sometime the truth hurts DaMode but you made a
mistake by shouting in capital letters about something you don't know entirely and
at the same time offending people.

I ask everybody to read again your post and see how many times you shouted in
capital letters and wrote the word RAW, what is wrong with you man? I would like
to read a serious tutorial with those points but with respect for all, not shouting.
I think this thing, to shout in capital letters is forbidden here, let's see if your
post is examined. In any case you failed to answer any of my questions therefore
you proved not to be qualified to demand anything. Prove I'm wrong and provide
the informations I requested or move on.

You know, when I wrote this post I was trying to help people. The process to determine which advice I was going to post came from other ats users, with different complaints about certain footage or pictures here and there and perhaps what the maker of them could have done differently to improve the quality of their footage.

When did I call myself an all knowing expert of doom?

I don't beleive i did. Hmmm interesting. You are getting so angry at someone that is just trying to give some tips that they have reviewed over several ats posts with users and ruled out all but 9 of the most common complaints. Capital letters do not mean I was yelling (even though in many cases they do). Perhaps I was just trying to emphasize that there is an R an A and maybe a W thrown in there somewhere. And yes your right I am no expert in imaging, but I'm pretty sure that people could use my advice nonetheless.

So it's time to ask you a few questions. Where you abused as a child? Did you suffer through some sort of horrific event that causes you to lash out against people you don't know? Do you have a superiority complex? Are you what would be considered by definition a troglodyte? Or perhaps you get your kicks by accusing people that mean well of horrific disinformation regularly?

You know what I agree with you that I am no expert. So Mr. Expert why don't you give us some knowledge instead of attacking me? Perhaps help the cause instead of trying to hinder it.

If you think I didn't do it right, maybe you should give your own advice as pertains to how someone could produce a video that can be confirmed as legit.

By all means, I would love to hear it! I might even learn a thing or two. If you could, please stop being rude and inconsiderate.

I did put at the bottom of my OP that I invite anyone to add anything that would help the cause including correcting me if necessary. Here's what you could have done.

"DaMod obviously you are no expert in the area of decompressed video, so I will now enlighten you to the facts".

I would have listened, and appreciated your correction. No need to be hasty with the rudeness.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Great thread DaMod.

5. Stabilize ur Gizmo!

Yes, this is one of the most important and often overlooked points.

Don't ever do as this man is demonstrating and take the camera off of the tripod.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0e5f0a4b9f7.jpg[/atsimg]

If you have a tripod, use it!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

We need the RAW footage or photo directly off of your camera. WE NEED THE RAW FOOTAGE DIRECTLY FROM YOUR DEVICE!

All right sir, I have a very good UFO footage recorded with my Hi8 mm videocamera.
Can you tell me step by step how can I deliver this footage to you according to your requirements? Please advice.

I've already offered to make copies and transfer videos for you in the past, for free,, so your assumptions about how hard it is to get original footage on the internet are quite ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm not really an expert on photography as free_spirit has pointed out very rudely. I was wondering if perhaps someone could comment on alternate light settings such as infrared and such. Perhaps some tips on those particular aspects would be in order.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

For infrared I think you should ask dainoyfb, he even made a thread about Homemade UFO Detection and Recording Gizmos.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Good post! I do not know too much about imaging myself so this and the other members posts helped tremendously. Thank you again, as you said probably one of the biggest things is to make sure you are not filming something normal like the ISS, a satellite, plane, meteor, planet, star, ect. Too many people jump out of their seats when they see something that doesn't look like a plane moving through the sky. Just because it moves fast and is orb shaped does not make it a UFO,lol.
Good thread

Reply to free_spirit

What is your problem? I have seen you attack other members threads, what are you mad because they beat you to it,lol? Like other members have said, you seem like you know what you are talking about but to belittle someone for really no reason is just beyond immature and rude. You like showing off your knowledge of film and optics? Okay, how would you like it if I broke in on your thread and started challenging you to answer questions which I KNOW you don't know, like the information loss at the event horizon in a black hole, or maybe you could explain the AdS/CFT Correspondence, worldvolume branes, membranes, blackbranes, Type 1 or 2 strings, open and closed strings, bubble nucleation, dual resonance,Calabi-Yau manifold...or maybe you would like to show me your thesis on the 4 levels of parallel universe permitted within string theory? See I can do it too, why don't you help rather than hurt this thread. I have seen you claim you are a serious ufologist, glad to hear it, but I surely do not want you in the field if this is how you present yourself, what a way to smear the field. Why don't you grow up or get over whatever is bothering you an act like a professional UFO researcher.

Please do not respond to this in this thread, via u2u if you feel you must, I am not going to derail this thread further.

Sorry OP for the off topic vear there but what he said was not acceptable in my books.
Great thread once again.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 7/15/2009 by jkrog08]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join