It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New 'World Currency' at G-8

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

I was talking about a coin shown by another member, this one.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
At least it's shiny.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
here is the home page with front and back views of the coin.
www.futureworldcurrency.com...

This was an excellent find! Star for you!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Soon it will become obvious to people that the conspiracy theorists they've been ridiculing were right, but perhaps not in the doom and gloom way they thought. I think that for many people the New World Order will be a good thing because many people will be on the good side of this government and therefore will buy wholesale into the illusion of freedom, peace, and unity this World Order will create. However, for those of us who know the truth and will fight against this New World Order there is no telling the hell they will put us through...

First they rename the freedom tower the One World Trade Center and now they're bringing in their one world currency all the while flaunting the obviousness of their plot and the fact that the populous are so dumbed-down and distracted that they remain asleep to what is right before their faces...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If our government tries to foist that 'monopoly money'* on us, we should gladly give them change back. I suggest we use our own currency we've been hoarding. You know the stuff -- the 'coins' that are just shy of a quarter of an inch in diameter?

*Hoping the double meaning isn't lost on everyone.

link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
here is the home page with front and back views of the coin.

wow they have an official website and everything...

this is their manifesto direct from their website

Manifesto
ART. 1

"Unity in diversity" is the foundation that drives this initiative, which started up in 1996. Its aim is to bring people together and go beyond national stereotypes. Its historical importance is even greater than its economic one; it is a goal built on faith, common hope, and the unification of cultural and spiritual roots.

ART. 2

The relationship between Europe and America, and between the United States and many Countries from the five continents, is based on common cultural traditions and sustained by a parallel vision of the world. It is driven by the highest concepts of brotherhood and peace. These relations are cultivated through global dynamics whose purpose is to fulfill social, political and economic objectives, in full respect of the values and national identities that found countries' respective constitutions.

ART. 3

It is therefore our wish to bring to life the project for a common currency, which has been given the provisional names, "Eurodollar/Dollaeur" (initially), "United Money", then "United Future World Currency". It would symbolize not only the economic, but also the human, social, political, and spiritual bonds between the Nations of different Continents that hold similar ideals.

ART. 4

The common currency project is a highly important step towards bringing people together. It is a means of understanding, provides reference and reinforces different identities that share principle objectives. Competition in respective markets remains free, and the basic principles of participating countries' national identities will be safeguarded.

ART. 5

We are determined to raise awareness of this project among as many people as possible in all Continents. We are focused particularly on the active involvement of young people, especially from schools. Indeed, young people represent the strongest, most concrete vehicle for spreading this initiative. They are also the potential future beneficiaries of this large step forward towards unification and the creation of a world that responds better to the requirements of the new Millennium, as it gradually breaks down social and ideological barriers.

ART. 6

Renewed cultural interest in the Economy comes as a result of shifting perceptions of currency as a whole. This follows on from the debate opened by the introduction of the Euro. Through this Project, students, including from a very young age, can become familiar with basic economic issues. The latter are increasingly important in a new society of widespread wellbeing.

ART. 7

A joint Committee will be selected. It will include experts from a wide variety of disciplines. Everyone will be free to offer their own contribution to the project. This committee will also form the Jury that selects the most interesting ideas, proposals and projects demanded by different initiatives underway.

ART. 8

There will be an information and support campaign to coordinate working groups, committees and clubs, implemented through organizations, bodies and associations. There will be a consideration period for all contributions regarding the expansion, comparison and development of: issues and technical problems; optimizing legislative instruments and procedures; and fulfilling the obligations of the new Currency.

ART. 9

Trials will be carried out at important international events, aimed at awareness, education and promotion. "United Money" currency (banknotes and coins) trials will be entrusted to the best international professionals and experts in the appropriate fields.
Time will be set aside to explore technologically-advanced security and counterfeiting issues, which a future Currency will have to keep in check. This will involve the most prestigious and trustworthy public and private bodies, including universities and companies.

ART. 10

It will be the responsibility of the world's future citizens and the governments they put in place to make our Project a reality. This project is driven by a firm belief in the unification and co-existence of different peoples. It aims to promote an increasingly equal distribution of the planet's resources and human intellect.

link   
Hello everyone,

I wanted to post a similar thread but where not able due to the ATS policy.

I am coming from Croatia and I was watching Croatian main news on national channel.

1. At the beginning of the G8 they reported on Catholic pope. Since most of the Croatians are Catholics it is usual that our news report when pope has to announce or say something important about some event.

So there was pope who told that he blesses and prays for a "new financial order" due to the world crisis.....

This was orally translated by Croatian anchorman (reporters) and I could not believe what my ears are hearing.

2. On the same news there where a reportage about the G8 and how all G8 representatives got a present which is usual for that kind events but the present itself was at least to say, unusual!

a) somekind of a large book with hanmade inscriptions of each attending country

b) guess what! Every representative got (few) coins of the "new world currency"

I apologize for not posting any sources because I could not find them. However it was on Croatian language so it would not help to the most of ATS'ers

I could not hear the pope actually talking due to the Croatian reporter who translated it orally.

Anyway I will try to find some videos showing the stories and post a link.

It seems that many topics which people debate about on ATS are fulfilling and signs are openly displayed in media around the globe. Hope there is some strength left in the people to oppose those plans since they do not promise a bright future but rather a devastating one!

link   
Lets be upfront about this. We're going to see a World Currency in our lifetime because of the fact that no one is willing to stand up to them

Alien Mind

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by MOFreemason

First they rename the freedom tower the One World Trade Center and now they're bringing in their one world currency all the while flaunting the obviousness of their plot and the fact that the populous are so dumbed-down and distracted that they remain asleep to what is right before their faces...

*If the video is offencive to anyone you can u2u me and i will edit my post.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

Ah the one from the site that also sells replica coins - kind of like those Franklin Mint ones in the Sunday Supplements ?

I doubt that has much significance.

There is actually a fantastic Discovery channel show about the work of the Netherlands mint and their work on issuing the Euro. Though probably a bit old the sheer scale of the operation is staggering!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me how all European countries have been doing after switching to the Euro?

Disregarding the global crisis, didn't it harm many economies?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
The real question in my mind is, "Who's face is on the reverse which is conveniently not shown?"

Jon

That's just what I was thinking... Obama? or maybe no face on the coin's reverse maybe the monolithic black tower (UN building in NY).

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Just to reinforce the point (my bold)

Medvedev said that although the coin, which resembled a euro and featured the image of five leaves, was just a gift given to leaders it showed that people were beginning to think seriously about a new global currency.
Full Story

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Not as much as the American banks lending "Sub Prime" did !!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Please read my post above.

I have seen the reportage when they got the coins as gifts.

I point this out because the pope said also something very interesting at the beginning of the G8....

Cheers

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Baja Sa Sela]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I dont think world currency will ever catch on...

currency is a thing of nationalism. Take the U.S. dollar for example: picture of a dead president eagles and what not. Every other nation has something of personal importance on their currency. Plus i think creating a commitee that determines how much of the world currency to print would be an unneeded change. all in all, i dont think world currency will ever catch. good find regardless

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Oops, i see now the LL, what i still don't know is what they represent.

Also the way the LL are one on top the other is interesting.

Anyone knows what they represent?

Lucky Lucifer?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
Can someone explain to me how all European countries have been doing after switching to the Euro?

Disregarding the global crisis, didn't it harm many economies?

As an economy regardless of crisis, not too good

As a security idea for the members states, not too good

As political ideology, not too good

As a uniformed society without variation, not too good

It requires something to rock its foundation's before it begins.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Funny. Why is it in English, of all the languages we have. Also, we probably aren't too far from this. Bernanke had stated he has a plan, with international bankers of the world to "drastically change the world's monetary system" in order to help the world recover as a whole under the umbrella of the new world economy (of course controlled by the world government.) I love how they just throw it in your face, and at the same time, they (dhs) call those who say that there is the rise of the NWO right wing extremists, and demonize us as wack-jobs. The American people really do need to wake up.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New 'World Currency' at G-8

www.bloomberg.com

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev illustrated his call for a supranational currency to replace the dollar by pulling from his pocket a sample coin of a “united future world currency.”

“Here it is,” Medvedev told reporters today in L’Aquila, Italy, after a summit of the Group of Eight nations. “You can see it and touch it.”

The coin, which bears the words “unity in diversity,” was minted in Belgium and presented to the heads of G-8 delegations, Medvedev said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8342b3343de.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a0b5e96f2eb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d22f9b4a5f7.jpg[/atsimg]

FIRST TEST ISSUE:
OBVERSE the “Number 1” icon is repeated five times, representing the five continents. The border inscription reads “Unity in Diversity” and includes the first issue date of 2009.

Author: Luc Luycx, Royal Mint of Belgium.

REVERSE: the Tree of Life, with five leaves symbolizing local tree species that grow in the five continents. The border inscription reads “United Future World Currency”.

Author: Laura Cretara, former artistic chief of the Italian State Mint.

You can read more about this information at the "United Future World Currency" website:
United Future World Currency

[edit on 10-7-2009 by MOFreemason]

[edit on 10-7-2009 by MOFreemason]

There it is again. 1111
Look at the coin, its 4 ones stacked on top of one another.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join