It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empty suitcases found in N.Y.C spur fear of dry run by terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Police fear empty suitcases left in Penn station,New York FBI headquarters and other security hot spots are a prelude to dry run by terrorists.

www.freerepublic.com...

my question is this:
If theese are dry runs why use just suit cases? and not other types of packages with suitcases ?
Does anyone see what im getting at ?
Now i dont know if this is true but a friend of mine said he heard they were large samsonite suitcases.

My theory is if they are using suitcases and not other packages or backpacks or boxes or bags is that the terrorists have plans on using nuclear suitcases.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think its just a subliminal message. They are essentially saying "We're here, so don't do anything stupid in the Middle-East or face the wrath of Allah!". Or maybe it's there just to get us scared and vengeful so we DO continue in Iraq.

[Edited on 5/7/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, here is another question for ya.

Police fear empty suitcases left in Penn station,New York FBI headquarters and other security hot spots are a prelude to dry run by terrorists.

Exactly how bad is the Security at these so called 'Security Hot Spots' anyway?

Is the security at the FBI Headquarters so blind and bumbling that they missed these suitcases being 'planted' without seeing who was responsible?

Sounds like B.S. to me, unless of course that is just the 'story' that they are going with and it was really the FBI 'making the test runs' with these suitcases. Even if they dion't intend on actually doing something so underhanded and evil as actually planting real ones, the test run should make for another good propaganda story to shove more FEAR of TERRORISM into the faces of the American People. Ya know, it's important to get people nice and scared and angry so they'll support ACTS of WAR as being Needed and Justified!!

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I personally have traveled taking along one or two empty suitcases.....with plans of shopping in my destination and bringing them home full. An empty suitcase is just as likely to be lost/misplaced by the airlines/train/bus as any other kind of suitcase.......a hard suitcase would be best when your planning to purchase fragile itams........art/wine/crystal ect....

I dont doubt they are worried about this, for they worry about everything now days, wich is GOOD as far as I am concerned.
BUT.....in reading this article I was rolling my eyes a bit, for I travel with empty suitcases with no evil intent....(just a SHOPPING intent
)...and I bet other people do this as well.........and could be the empty cases havent been claimed yet, cuz loosing the empty one is not as big a deal as loosing your clothes and toiletries...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I... See...

Is that because you can't put a nuclear device in a back pack or a box or are you referring to a new line of special nuclear briefcases Samsonite are now making ?

Come to think of it...

I saw several abandoned cars on my way to work this morning... And a car would be the perfect hiding place for a nuke, those things are heavy... #! ITS A TERRORIST DRY RUN! THEY PLAN TO USE NUCLEAR CARS! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon
I... See...

Is that because you can't put a nuclear device in a back pack or a box or are you referring to a new line of special nuclear briefcases Samsonite are now making ?

Come to think of it...

I saw several abandoned cars on my way to work this morning... And a car would be the perfect hiding place for a nuke, those things are heavy... #! ITS A TERRORIST DRY RUN! THEY PLAN TO USE NUCLEAR CARS! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

haha i know where your coming from, just because an empty case was left we should all fear for our lives..

no possible reason could mean that somebody lost something..

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thankfully facetious, ignorant bastards like you will be dead in the hills.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85
Thankfully facetious, ignorant bastards like you will be dead in the hills.

Who was that meant for??

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I mean in the last 30 years... I've never been in a terrorist attack...
None of my friends have ever been injured in a terrorist attack...
None of my family have been injured in a terrorist attack...
In fact, of the 60 million odd people living in the UK, nearly all of us managed to avoid being blown up by terrorists for years before the government decided to turn us into paranoid screw balls, and that was with a hostile terrorist army living a couple of hundred miles away from us and regularly day tripping in our capital.

Some of you seriously need to get some perspective on this whole "terrorist" thing.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Simon ... (his middle name is "Danger") ... shhh ... it's a secret ...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Even if they dion't intend on actually doing something so underhanded and evil as actually planting real ones, the test run should make for another good propaganda story to shove more FEAR of TERRORISM into the faces of the American People. Ya know, it's important to get people nice and scared and angry so they'll support ACTS of WAR as being Needed and Justified!!

THis is what i was thinking about after i posted this mOjOm.....There could be several scenarios for this to happen .....and the timing of this makes the people who think that this is just some people forgetting there luggage is not valid....it was the timing of theese suitcases being found ....not the fact that they found luggage or havent found luggage before but it was the amount of suitcases left in all theese different spots at the same time .....that is what has to be paid attention to in this story....not that someone just left there luggage some where......think for a second people.....just try thinking before posting. instead of brushing it off....

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
how reliable is this news source? I live in midtown manhattan and have never heard of it...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ok, first question we should all be asking,
HOW MANY?
If it was just a couple, they were most likely misplaced.
If it was quite a substainal number from similar destinations, then perhaps there may be a SLIGHT reason to be worried

new topics

top topics

join