It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans or Democrats, which parties members are of higher intellectual level?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Today the release of a study made an interesting point.

"few scientists identified as Republicans. Just six percent of those polled said they identified as Republicans, with 32 percent self-identifying as independent and 55 percent saying they consider themselves Democrats.

rawstory.com...

The fact that so many ( 55% ) scientist relate to the democratic party and only ( 6% ) for the republican party says a lot about the intellectual capacity of republicans. This explains the love they have for Palin too.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Republicans are stupid for voting Bush into office to destroy the country. Democrats are stupid to vote Obama into office to finish the job.

I'd say anyone who still won't admit this is the biggest idiot of all.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
To me all of them are nothing but morons why? because if they were so intelligent how is that we are in the mess we are right now.

Because they have been whoring to private interest all along, so intellectuality doesn't mean they are the brightest of the bunch.

They are corrupted.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I believe that both sides are equally intellectual. It's not smarts that divides the 2 parties, it's the issues. Issues are ALL just opinions, so I can't see how intellect would play into party selection.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS ARE BOTH SMART ENOUGH TO SCREW THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER. They do not need to be any smarter than that. However, we the taxpayers need to be smart enough to NOT VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS OR REPUBLICANS.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's pretty hard for any intellectual being to identify with somebody like Sara Palin, or the republican party as a whole, for that matter.

This is the same party that promised to amend the CONSTITUTION to BAN gay marriage. Who, besides an ignorant bigot, could possibly support that? Even if you disagree with gay marriage, making a constitutional amendment to address this "problem" is probably the worst idea anybody has come up with since that machine that shakes your belly to lose weight

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

But, but, but, you forgot that is how the GOP won support to get Bush reelected within the fundamentalist votes.

Just like Obama got the votes for the majority poor in the nation behind the promise of change and equality.

I guess when it comes to deceiving the voters "including me" they are pretty crafty, but not really intellectual, right?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There seems to be a bit of confusion regarding what you mean by "party members". A few replies here are clearly aimed at Republican/Democratic politicians, while your OP ostensibly means "party members" to be civilian voters who identify themselves as either Republicans or Democrats. My comment is based upon that understanding.

The Republican Party has actively embraced religious fundamentalists who deny major scientific tenets; it follows that scientists themselves would be disinclined to vote with that crowd. I assume most Americans would expect this poll result.

Intellectuals in America, beyond the sciences, have tended to vote in accordance with liberal, progressive initiatives. America's left-leaning population is indeed more heavily represented in the arts and sciences. Take from it what you will.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Neither.That should be painfully obvious considering the last twelve years or so of our government doing its supposed job.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am going to post this again, as it relates well to this thread. It is better to see the sphere of influence, rather than existing as an angle on a 2-d circle.

left....right../...thesis....antithesis.../....SYNTHESIS. They key is: What are we synthesizing, what reality tunnel (we all live in one) is being created? How do all these events play out? Will the US citizenry go down with the fed, if the Fed goes down at all? Master manipulators, those with high power and influence in this world, play the right against the left, the liberal against the conservative, the masculine against the feminine, good against evil, us against them. However, we are inextricably interwoven, and the actions of all ripple and morph together into a ruling collective consciousness. ONE thing. What collective consciousness, the sum of all the interactions, rules the world today? What is his/her fate? What is the end result? Are there multiple possible end results? Will one end result occur first, only to dissolve and lead to the true end result? Ask yourself these questions, among others, and you will hone in on your understanding of the power of influence and causation.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
can an entire thread be considered a troll????

this thread was started entirely for political baiting if you ask me. nothing good can come from this....

you have been warned.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Answer to your title is a big fat NEITHER.

I am registered as a independent and shortly afterward discovered that it's pointless registering and voting. After all the entire voting system is tweaked and c'mon it's politics. You really think it's honest or fair? I don't
Politics are entirely and completely twisted.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I've always felt like the left/liberals/democrats all think more with their feelings than with logic and reality. Its all about what makes them feel good, or what they think will make other people like them.

For example, the Democrats constantly charge that the right doesn't care about minorities. While in truth, people on the right just don't think what the democrats do "for" minorities is helping them. The right has the intellectual honesty to stand by their tried and true principles, in the face of racist charges and other ridiculous assertions.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
One question:

How many intellegent books (not fantasy / love junk) have you read in the past year?

How often do any of you watch the Senate or Congressional Channel and take notes on who is saying/doing what?

We are in the mess we are in because everyone out there is either playing video games, watching Dancing with the Stars or reading fantasy books.

The average person wakes up, gets ready for work, watches 30-60 minutes of (news) propaganda, goes to work, works comes home, eats dinner, watches more propaganda or some inane program and goes to bed.

Most people think that if they watch a hour of news and read a newspaper (all of which are owned by large corporations and a handful of the most powerful people on the planet) that they are "educated" in the matters of state.

Here is my reading list over the past year and a half.

Hostile Take Over by David Sirota
A Nation Of Sheep by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano
The Constitution Of The United States by Thomas Jefferson
The Shock Doctrine, The Rise of Disaster Capitalism by Naomi Klein
Broken Governemnt How Republican Rule Destroyed The Legislative, Executive and Judicial Branches by by John W. Dean
Perfectly Legal: The Covert Campaign to Rig Our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich and Cheat Everybody Else by David Cay Johnston
Free Lunch by David Cay Johnston
Dreams of My Father - Barack Obama
The Evolution of God by Robert Wright
The Lucifer Principle by Howard Bloom
Conservatives Without Conscience by John W. Dean
Secret and Suppressed: Banned Ideas and Hidden History by Jim Keith
Too Many Secrets by Kathleen McErlain
(Part of haven't finished) The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11 by David Ray Griffin

Guess what - I saw this "financial crisis coming" I also saw the American People being lied and manipulated into this war (Read Fraud by Paul Waldman).

We are in the mess we are in as a country and as a planet because the average person hasn't a real clue as to what is going on and is too damn stubborn to admit it.

The news media is now completely owned by the large Corporations. You think they are going to report what is really going on without a "slant" - think again.

Our government like the media is now owned by the large Corporations and the handful of the elite that run and own these behemoths.

Profit and money is the number one priority and to hell with the people.

CEO's sit at a table much like a king with a platter full of meat and we, the rest of us working smucks are like a pack of hungry dogs on the floor. The king for amusment throws out a few tiny pieces of meat and watches all of us dogs bite and scratch each other to get those tiny few morsels. and the dogs are to mucking stupid to turn around, jump on the table, kill the friggin king and share the platter of meat.

From Hostile Takeover by David Sirota PAGE 2 "And that's exactly the problem - at the very same time corporate abuse has been allowed to become such a regular part of daily life, average citizens have been stripped of the rights and the tools to protect themselves. Our government - which used to be in the business of protecting us, now sits by and allows us to be abused, or worse - actually helps the abusers. Put another way, government's business has become protecting business, not people".

In reading the posts here on ATS I am amazed at how someone can lie to you 262 times, all documented lies - and people still think GWB was a "good president" or no one should blast the liar and thief.

"Bush can simply never acknowledge that not only was he born with a silver spoon in his mouth he's been eating off it ever since....He doesn't just get a head start by being his father's son, it remains the single most salient fact about him for most of his life. He got into Andover [Phillips Academy] on a legacy. He got into Yale on a legacy. He got in Harvard Business School as a courtesy. He got into the Texas National Guard through Daddy's influence". -- - columnist and author Molly Ivins (Site: www.geocities.com...)

Page 3 of Hostile Takeover: "Over the last thirty years, Corporate America has applied its most effective business tactics to the task of purchasing the one commodity that's not supposed to be for sale: American democracy. From the model of the door to door salesman, we get the slick business lobbyist...."

How many books have you folks out there purchased and or read that contain vital information concerning OUR freedom and what is really going on?

I have been saying it over and over again folks. Put down that damn remote, start reading some books that will educate your mind.

We're being over worked, side tracked and each year more and more of our money is being robbed from us.

Tax Cuts Offer Most for Very Rich, Study Says
by EDMUND L. ANDREWS - Published: January 8, 2007

WASHINGTON, Jan. 7 — Families earning more than $1 million a year saw their federal tax rates drop more sharply than any group in the country as a result of President Bush’s tax cuts, according to a new Congressional study.

Skip to next paragraph The study, by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, also shows that tax rates for middle-income earners edged up in 2004, the most recent year for which data was available, while rates for people at the very top continued to decline.

Based on an exhaustive analysis of tax records and census data, the study reinforced the sense that while Mr. Bush’s tax cuts reduced rates for people at every income level, they offered the biggest benefits by far to people at the very top — especially the top 1 percent of income earners.

Though tax cuts for the rich were bigger than those for other groups, the wealthiest families paid a bigger share of total taxes. That is because their incomes have climbed far more rapidly, and the gap between rich and poor has widened in the last several years.

The study offers ammunition to supporters and opponents of Mr. Bush’s tax cuts, which are all but certain to touch off a battle between the president and the Democrats who just took control of Congress.

Democratic leaders have taken pains to avoid an immediate fight over the tax cuts, most of which are scheduled to expire at the end of 2010. But Democrats are looking for ways to increase revenue well before then, in part because they want to spend more on education and energy without increasing the deficit.

Economists and tax analysts have long known that the biggest dollar value of Mr. Bush’s tax cuts goes to people at the very top income levels. One reason is that two of his signature measures, tax cuts on investment income and a steady reduction of estate taxes, overwhelmingly benefit the wealthiest households.

www.nytimes.com...

We are in the mess we are in because the average person doesn't have a clue as to what is really going on.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here's my reading list so far this year:
Web of Debt by Ellen Brown
Road to 9/11 by Scott
Rule by Secrecy by Jim Maars
Meltdown
The Great Cholesterol Con
Shock Doctrine by Klein
A Foreign Policy of Freedom by Ron Paul
Don't Start the Revolution without Me by Jesse Ventura
The True Story of Raw Milk
Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price.

A big reason scientists seem to be more democratic is because they spend a good amount of their working and adult life in higher education. Who the hell wouldn't support big government democrats in that environment? They aren't stupid enough to bite the hand that feeds them. Without the bloated Department of Education and all the money in terms of grants, loans and free money most scientists would have to slug it out in the private sector like most of us.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

And the average person has more important things to do like obsess about the latest and greatest electrical gadget or mourn Micheal Jackson.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I am impressed and thank you for your input.

Starred.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Forgot one book on my list.

"Ordeal By Hunger" by George R. Stewart (Really good read).

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

My readings for the past year include: I am on the porch with my laptop and I am not going to run in to get the author's names if I forget them

The Way of the World...David Suskind
The Conscious of a Liberal...Paul Krugman
The Classical World from Homer to Hadrian...Robin Lane Fox
Jerusalem: A history...Karen Armstrong
Destiny Deferred: World History through Islamic Eyes
The Fall of the Roman Empire
Don Quixote...Cervantes
The Lonely Planet Guide to Israel and the West bank (since I am going there in December)
Letters to a Spiritual Seeker...Thoreau

And more that I don't recall right now only half way through my coffee.

AND while I have posted similar threads in the past, I really don't believe them...however if you take into consideration some of the crackpots that the Republicans consistently send to Washington, especially to the House...it leads one to think that working brains are considered a disqualifer to run as a Republican.

Despite what Wimbly claims...they are not the more intellectual party especially based on their representatives.

Ofhumandecent...If you liked that book Stewart's you should really read his only "science fiction" novel "Earth Abides" (1949) it is a quiet and very moving and intelligent novel...totally different than most of the stuff that was being printed in the genre at the time.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by grover]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

I'm of the opinion that both parties are equally retarded.

Seriously, why is money wasted on stupid research projects like this??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join