It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: ancient Babylon archaeological site damaged by military activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Iraq: ancient Babylon archaeological site damaged by military activity

www.infowars.com

The ancient site of Babylon – home to the Hanging Gardens, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World – has been significantly damaged due to its use as a military base by coalition forces in Iraq from 2003-2004, according to a report released by the United Nations Educations, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see who is responsible for paying for these restorations. I'm not sure who else was comprised of the coalition forces of 2003-04, but my guess is the United States will fork the bill almost 100%, right?

Digging, cutting scraping and leveling resulted in considerable damage to the archaeological city, with the Ishtar Gate, the Processional Way and other key structures also being harmed, the Final Report by UNESCO’s International Coordination Committee for the Safeguarding of the Cultural Heritage of Iraq (ICC Iraq) said.

The report, launched at a press conference in Paris, “provides the starting-point for the major challenge of restoration and conservation,” he added.

Babylon was the capital city for two famous kings of antiquity: Hammurabi (1792-1750 BC), who introduced one of the world’s first law codes, and Nebuchadnezzar (604-562 BC).

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This has been the unfortunate side-effect of war ever since the first Invasion of Iraq in Desert Storm under G.Bush Sr. Even then the museums in Baghdad were pillaged by American soldiers, with priceless artifacts 3000-4000 years old that belong to the people being stolen by our troops and sold on the Black Market. Entire dig sites were damaged, historical monuments that predate civilization in the Western World being reduced to rubble, and all archaeological excavations put on indefinite hold, even though such work flourished even under the rule of a dictator like Saddam Hussein.

Things were so bad that archaeologists were arming themselves and gathering small militias together to attempt to protect these treasures. Calls went out to the entire international community of archaeologists worldwide to join them to protect these irreplaceable works of art from destruction or theft by the American Military. I would have never considered joining the US Military, but I considered taking up arms and flying to Baghdad as a citizen to help protect the museums from being plundered by the US Military.

The American Military, having so little reverence for anything non-American, even built one of it's Military Bases of Operations on the ruins of the Sumerian City of Ur, the original home of Abraham the prophet, causing permanent damage to the oldest and largest Ziggurat in the world (dating to 4500 b.c.e.), as well as the oldest standing arch in the world (part of the temple E-dub-lal-mah), the Giparu of Amar-Sin, and destroying any remaining evidence of what is believed to be Noah's flood!

We have even forever lost access to the Platonic library that we know was known to exist in Northern Iraq when the Platonic School of Alexandria fled Christian Mobs and found home amongst the Chaldaeans. With them, the remains of the Library of Alexandria were carried to their new home in Iraq, including the Greek originals of the works of Plato (all of the works of Plato that exist to this day are from Arabic and Latin translations, the Greek originals being lost to antiquity). The site was denied access to archaeologists by the American Occupying Forces in Iraq and now, 8 years later, lies beneath the floodplain, covered in water caused by the US Army Corps of Engineers damming the river.

It is a shame, a downright shame. Even a tyrant like Saddam Hussein understood the importance of these ancient treasures and sites, and allowed Archaeologists to work uninhibited. Even a tyrant like Saddam Hussein didn't plunder these treasures for his own monetary gain, instead he created museums to house these treasures for the good of the people and future generations. Even Saddam Hussein didn't permanently destroy important archaeological sites for strategic military purposes. Why can't the American Military show at least the same kind of reverence that a dictator and tyrant could?

There are instances where I am truly, deeply ashamed of being an American. This is indeed one of those occasions.

A Star and Flag for you!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Items, associated to the annunaki gods, were stolen by US forces when they violated the Iraqi National Museum. There are countless threads on ATS discussing reasons for the US Army searching ancient Babylon.

It is believed, similar to Egypt, Mesopotamia (Babylon, Assyria and Sumer) did have a stargate or technology given to them by the gods.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Items, associated to the annunaki gods, were stolen by US forces when they violated the Iraqi National Museum. There are countless threads on ATS discussing reasons for the US Army searching ancient Babylon.

It is believed, similar to Egypt, Mesopotamia (Babylon, Assyria and Sumer) did have a stargate or technology given to them by the gods.

I remember seeing video footage of US soldiers looting from their art museums and Saddam's palace.

I wonder if any of the stargates and/or technology can prove dangerous in the wrong hands.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
i posted stuff about this last year sometime, very sad, i thought that was one of the reasons that the taliban were kicked out of afganistan, therre is a video on youtube about this, i'll see if i can find the link.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
It will be interesting to see who is responsible for paying for these restorations. I'm not sure who else was comprised of the coalition forces of 2003-04, but my guess is the United States will fork the bill almost 100%, right?

Well since, you know, you guys lead the coalition and are probably responsible for most of the damn damage to what is a priceless historical site, then yes, you damn well can.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Three cheers for the destruction of the once great city of Babylon. Woe to any who try to rebuild her. The Bible prophesied this thousands of years ago,

"Jehovah hath stirred up the spirit of the kings
of the Medes; because his purpose is against Babylon,
to destroy it: for it is the vengeance of Jehovah...
thou shalt be desolate for ever, saith Jehovah.
And Babylon shall become heaps, a dwelling-place for
jackals, an astonishment, and a hissing, without
inhabitant...And Jeremiah wrote in a book all the evil
that should come upon Babylon, even all these words
that are written concerning Babylon... O Jehovah,
thou hast spoken concerning this place, to cut it off,
that none shall dwell therein, neither man nor beast,
but that it shall be desolate for ever."
(Jeremiah 51:11,26,37,60,62)(ASV)-BibleGateway

I find it interesting that Saddam was trying to rebuild Babylon. That one act probably sealed his fate. I'd heard that US enriched uranium ordinance has made the place virtually uninhabitable. That's fantastic. Another precise fulfillment of Biblical prophecy, among hundreds of others.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Oh please, this is a subject for historians, not theologians. Do you even know why the Jews hate Babylon?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
here it is with video embeded

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

History is proving out theology in this case. It's a fulfillment of Biblical prophesy right in your face. I don't expect you to understand it, but some will.

Eventually theology slaps the hopeless atheist across the face. Either through death cults who want to kill you (aka Islam), or when God himself judges the nations.

top topics

join