It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to vaccinate millions against swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
U.S. to vaccinate millions against swine flu

School-age children will be a key target population for a pandemic flu vaccine in the fall and may get their shots at school in a mass vaccination campaign...

Source

Surprised this wasn't already here. Or did I miss it?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Nothing? I am a little shocked.

Maybe common knowledge, or something?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I plan to get the flu vaccine.

But I am totally against forced vaccination of children and adults.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thanks, Chemly for this article. The two of us in this household have made a decision to not accept any vaccines, any time. That was based upon lots of info and grinding it up for quite a while.

I know people who have already contacted their physician to attempt to secure notes excluding them from having to take the "jab", based upon various allergies -- eggs, dogs, formaldehyde, etc.

Thanks for keeping us up to date

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think the government health officials are walking a fine line right now. They can either make the vaccination mandatory for the at-risk populations, which will cause cries of "why did you do this?" when a side effect occurs, or they can do nothing, which will cause cries of "why didn't you do anything?" when the flu kills a portion of the at-risk population. If they made it optional, people would cry foul because the vaccines would disproportionately go to the wealthy, as they typically go to physicians with shorter wait times and better supplies, rather than the county/state health department.

Like I said, it's a fine line. Personally, as a health and science professional, I think it's great they are providing this vaccine as a free service to children and the elderly. There is little risk in an inactivated-virus vaccine (or, in the case of FluMist, an attenuated virus vaccine), so I don't see what all the fear is about.

new topics

top topics

join