It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concern over Ebola virus in pigs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Concern over Ebola virus in pigs

news.bbc.co.uk

A form of Ebola virus has been detected in pigs for the first time, raising concerns it could mutate and pose a new risk to humans.

Ebola-Reston virus (REBOV) has only previously been seen in monkeys and humans
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There seem to be a lot more viruses mutating lately. Is it just me or what?

So I won't get accused of fear mongering:

However, the researchers, from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, stress that the virus at present appears to pose no risk to humans.

But, as you may or may not know Ebola is a hemorrhagic fever that cause massive internal bleeding and has to be one of the worst ways to die.

Pigs are known to provide an ideal host for viruses to mutate. Experts say the potential risk is magnified because they are an essential part of the human food chain, and come into close contact with people.

Researcher Dr Michael McIntosh said: "We know this family of viruses are associated with fatal illnesses in humans.

"Even though there is no evidence at this time to suggest REBOV causes diseases in humans it does seem that it can infect humans, and be transmitted from swine to humans.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm bumping this because I want to hear what YOU have to say.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
After this swine flu thing started I 've bought one pork roast and was leary of eating it but now, after hearing this I'm not going to buy anymore pork.

So, what can we substitute for bacon in our greens?....lol

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It's not that surprising and it's not a plot.

Many, many cultures realized Pigs were bad to have around people Thousands of years ago...

This is probably the reason why, disease passes very easily and Pigs are dirty animals...

I always assumed most ancient diets revolved around protection from various Prion diseases like Mad Cow...

But seeing these things it's obvious the reasons for banning certain animals were right in our ancient faces...

Too bad after Thousands and thousands of years of developing knowledge of Farming, because people had to claim GOD was the real reason we gave up all that knowledge of how to not get sick from animals and eat proper diets

Pity the way the real information gets lost like a bad game of telephone

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I think I'll become a vegetarian.

I'm starting to not like meat at all. There's something unatural about eating a living animal.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
After this swine flu thing started I 've bought one pork roast and was leary of eating it but now, after hearing this I'm not going to buy anymore pork.

So, what can we substitute for bacon in our greens?....lol

Pork does not give you swine flu.

But it may give you ebola now haha

new topics

top topics

join