It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you make me so flippin' mad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
What is the secret to making the first thought, or action the right one?

Right view, is really no point of view, since there are an infinite number of viewpoints, and since who you think you are, and who you are to others and them to you, is all a construct or a viewpoint.

Cultivate a Beginners Mind, which is no mind at all, or the non-attached, non-judgemental, non-grasping non-efforting non-seeking mind, and then looking inward, and just observing, you may arrive where you first started and come to know yourself for the first time - then it won't matter any more, and nothing will get to you, unless the advice I just offered did..?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

Right view, is really no point of view, since there are an infinite number of viewpoints, and since who you think you are, and who you are to others and them to you, is all a construct or a viewpoint.

Cultivate a Beginners Mind, which is no mind at all, or the non-attached, non-judgemental, non-grasping non-efforting non-seeking mind, and then looking inward, and just observing, you may arrive where you first started and come to know yourself for the first time - then it won't matter any more, and nothing will get to you, unless the advice I just offered did..?

Nope...didn't get to me, cuz you didn't say I was wrong-butt dummy-head.

but how do I 'cultivate' this mind you speak of?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It's easy, get and read and "grok" this book

"Zen Mind Beginners Mind" by Suzuki Roshi

www.amazon.ca...

And start a daily meditation pratice, which if you want to really get rolling with it fast, and don't have 4 hours a day for 20 years to get there, use this, our very own deep meditation tool developed right here by myself and another ATS member miss_silver, which is working wonders for a lot of people (downloaded over 12,000 times in just a few weeks)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I highly recommend obtaining the 2 DVD set

Big Mind Big Heart Revealed
available here:
www.bigmind.org...

Note: People spend 1000's of $'s and a whole lifetime for this kind of thing, whereas what I'm suggesting here can be acquired for around 40 bucks, and an hour and twenty minutes a day meditation practice.

You could have this mind, is you follow this advice, within weeks, or maybe six months, max, and it will be worth the effort I promise.

Regards,

OmegaPoint

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
.... How dare you sir, ...... post something like this for all to see, ..... I can see parents shielding the eyes of their poor children as I type.

..... Where I'm from we dont throw around such language so casually ....... " flippin" ......... " FLIPPIN " !!!!!!!! save that kind of talk for the back alley brothels where it belongs sir !!!

..... How dare you indeed !!

.... Sarcasm, .... too much ?

[edit on 10-7-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Ok, now THAT did it. I've been really patient with you, but now you're making me really flippin' mad.

Oops. I mean, my first thought is to be really mad at you, but I'm going to try and not do that.

Didn't work. I;m really mad.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Every mans journey is his own and failure to understand and realize that can trigger emotional responses towards someone who views something different than you as we tend to automatically assume everyone should act and think like we do.

You could also be getting upset by seeing things you have done or believed ignorantly, in others. We tend to get upset when we see our weaknesses in others as it points them out usually subconsciously in us.

But it is usually a lack of understanding and tolerance attributed to the above factors.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Why do some people take things personally when others can just let it go? What is the secret?

The secret is just to stop caring

Try discussing your opinions rather than arguing about them and you will find that other people will be more prepared to listen to you without getting angry.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

What is the secret switch that some people can flip that allows them to remain open minded and receptive to new ideas or ways of thinking, where others get so tuned in to one possibility that they outright refuse to see something else.

Why do some people take things personally when others can just let it go? What is the secret?

What I would really like to know, from someone who is very easy going, is what makes YOU that way? Was it environmennt? Was it evolution? How did you get from the point of kicking, screaming, selfish child to a person that is immune to self-doubt, internal strife and an overly sensitive view of other actions, comments or expressed beliefs?

Well i think you hit the nail on the head when you said the words "open minded". Many people have the misconception that being open minded means that you believe everything you are told.

What it really means is being able to hear all sides, all points of view and realize that, while your opinions/ideas, may differ you/they could be right and you/they could very well be wrong.

It's perfectly okay to believe something and "assume" you have all the answers to the question or issue. It's entirely another to get in someone's face about it and ridicule them for having a differing opinion than you.

I mean, does it really matter to you or any one else if I said that I saw a leprechaun the other day riding a unicorn and had no evidence to back it up?

Seriously, why would that make anyone so upset? Did I try to make a law saying we need to build alters worshiping leprechauns and that we should put unicorns on an endangered species list? If I did, then I can perfectly well see people getting pretty upset.

The only time it's understandable to get angry is if I were to call you an idiot or what-have-you for not believing what I just told you or change the way you live your life. But even then, it's usually in everyone's best interest if you refrain from expressing your anger towards my comments in a hostile way.

What you're really doing is showing me that I have control over your emotions.

I am struggling with the same thing you are at this time in my life. Honestly.

I was just speaking with my mom, my confidant, about it. My reactions only make people want to bring me down more because they get a sick sense of satisfaction from it. I've tried taking the other more rational route (when I remember to) and trust me, it puts you back into control and I think you'd be surprised at how angry the other person gets that their attempt to derail you didn't work at all.

It's a power struggle. Try not to give them that power. (I think I will be taking my own advice here but it's always hard to do in the heat of the moment).

And as for taking things personally all the time? I have that problem too. And while I really hate to admit it, I must say, that it's purely an ego problem. I'm a very laid back person, but my moods swing faster than a rope swing in a hurricane.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
first of all stop qualifying everyone as right or wrong, this is a grey world, there is not that many things that exist in a binural form. even water has three states. gas, fluid, solid.

base your beliefs on gut feeling, and it will swim away from websters.
base your beliefs on science and you might understand why you believe.
base your beliefs on beliefs, and you will either know or not know anything or everything.

whichever the case
leave the anger in the history of you
endulge in opening your mind

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

- Why do some people take things personally when others can just let it go? What is the secret?

There is no Secret other then Acceptance of the Self (yes includes EGO) and acceptance of the diffrences between people / people's views. As soon as you learn to 'accept', anger will not reside in you much longer (or just for a once and a while). Getting mad, or anger blocks emotion and clear view.

Billions people or Earth, so many differences. And that's ok bc you will tend to seek those friends that have something similar to you, yes even on web.

What I would really like to know, from someone who is very easy going, is what makes YOU that way?

Fear of having no control nor to put over yourself nor over others.

Was it environmennt? Was it evolution?

Well the Nurture-Nature debat is still on-going. Both will have an impact on how you react at times. So a bit of both 'environment' AND 'evolution' are to blame.

How did you get from the point of kicking, screaming, selfish child to a person that is immune to self-doubt, internal strife and an overly sensitive view of other actions, comments or expressed beliefs?

People change from 'kicking', 'screaming', ego-centered childeren into 'reasonable' adults bc that's what a civil society stands for in Western countries.
Let's not forget that in 3rd World countries childeren often do NOT get the chance to grow up to 'reasonable adults' bc there are other needs to be fulfilled first (food, a roof over your head etc).

I haven't reached the immunity to Self-Doubt for 100% yet, working on it though
One of the tricks is 'seeing' YOUR own internal process for Internal strife clearly and the 'handicaps' it brings for / to yourself.
Strifing = GROWING, and growing aint possible without some heavy collisions, either within Yourself or with the World (and ppl) arund you.
The HARDER you strife, the more you give the best of yourself, others opinions can / will hurt you, trigger you off.

Am I making any sense? O yes you do!!

What I do claim is a genuine desire for self-improvement. I have come to believe that my fellow man is perhaps the greatest source of assistance in my personal quests that I could ever ask for. (the worst as well, funny how that works.)

You're doing a great job. Self-improvement starts by looking very critacally to yourself. NOW you already wrote a 'secret': those who 'trigger' you off, from them you can learn the most about Yourself.

Am I asking for too much? Is everyone in some way limited in their capacity to accept new ideas?

Hell no! You are on a search to better yourself. Unless you have a severe mental dissorder or, severe psych. trauma's no one is limited in accepting new ideas.

Am I to forever be cursed to battle with myself to control my emotions?

No you're NOT! Anger and Fear are just 2 emotions. We have many different emotions. What often strikes me is that people label some emotions good and other emotions bad. That's silly innit? Emotions are just what they are EMOTIONS. They come and go, ALL of them

And again there's no 'secret' bc there is no 1st thought or action 'the right one'. You're already THERE, you are learning about yourself, growing inside. You have a WISH maybe? Not to be triggered off that easily or getting more of a 'protective shield' around / in you that has a curtain or door between that being sensitive or being 'cold'.

My guess is that you react that way to preserve old behavior that belonged to you and protected you for a long time, it served a purpose.

You will learn to let it go, in your own time and on your own terms.

PEACE!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

Thank you very, very much.

I'm going to have to re-read that a couple times and dissect each of those points a little more carefully.

I appreciate your assistance and insight.

Thank you to all of you. You have helped me immensely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join