It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two gay men kicked out of Chico's Tacos restaurant for kissing

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Two men kissing in a public restaurant is just in poor taste. This just isn't the type of place to do it, especially where children may come into view of something like this.

I'm not convinced that all they did was kiss on the lips briefly that caused this uproar.

Sounds too much like someone wanting to sue the hell out of anyone by claiming they're civil rights were violated, because they're broke, and found the right place to make a scene.

As far as establishments refusing service, and requesting individuals to leave the premises, usually is to protect the other patrons of the establishment. It is their right to refuse obscene or lewd behavior.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Im not being anti gay or anything, but if i was there eating my taco frys and across from me 2 queers were slobbering the face off each other, i would also ask them to leave..

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
reply to post by ShadeWolf

I always love this logic: It's ok to be gay as long as you stay in the closet.

That seems to be the way. Gays and bisexuals can have all the fun they want behind closed doors.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne

But it is your opinion that it is "depraved and misguided behavior."
The rest of the natural world would seem to disagree with you.

Is that so? I'm surprised you had time to post this argument being so busy polling the rest of the natural world.

I personally find prejudice such as yours to be depraved and misguided.
And yet, I'm not trying to make you into a second class citizen. I want you to have your opinions and beliefs. I want you to be able to eat wherever you choose to eat. I disagree with you completely, and yet I'm not trying to strip you of your civil rights.

See how that works?

No because his wasn't prejudice, it is called wisdom, mature discretion and being adult enough to know when something is appropriate and when it isn't. No body was taking their options to choose a place to dine away from them, but restaraunts are places you go to put food in your mouth, and not some dudes tongue. It would have made me totally lose my appetite. Jeez even if I was gay I think I would be sensible enough to agree they were outa line.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by DASFEX]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne
People will just have to own up to their bigotry for what it is.

Just why do you suppose their is all this bigotry? Just what was the provocation for this bigotry? Or do think Gays have "I'm Gay" tattooed to their forheads? No one knows who gays are and they are not discriminated against. Thats a lot of baloney .

I welcome the argument and ill show you exactly what makes people dislike gays, and it has nothing to do with what kind of sex they have or who they introduce as their "lover". Although that last one comes close.

I always say,, "mm how nice for you, but I didn't ask"

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Make a new law requiring one of them to always dress like a woman.
That way nobody knows they are two men.
Everybody just thinks at least one of them is really stupid for making out with such an ugly woman.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Okay, it SHOULD be the same as if a hetero couple were kissing. But it isn't, we as a society are still uncomfortable with it, our children would be too.

There have been a lot of advances by the gay and lesbian community on the issue of their rights. This falls under that, but I think they need to advance their cause in increments, and I'm sorry, mainstream society isn't comfortable with public displays of gay affection at the moment.

I completely disagree. If it were two reasonably attractive women kissing, most of the male population would sit back and stare to their heart's content. Women showing public displays of affection are not not only tolerated, but dare I say also encouraged, of course it is also based on the way the people involved look.

Let's just be real honest here. If two fat women were kissing, most people would be disgusted. If two men were kissing, most people would be disgusted. If you see two hot women kissing, most people are reaching for their camera phone hoping to get some video so they can send it to some company with the hopes that it will appear in the next edition of "Girls Gone Wild".

It is standard American ignorance in it's finest moments. This would not even be a topic of discussion if it were a man and a women kissing. When will people simply accept the fact that people are individuals. People have their own likes and dislikes, and as disgusting as I may find something to be, the guy next to me may not. If seeing two people of the same sex kissing offends you, I suggest you simply turn your head and look at something else. It amazes me how the majority can see someone selling drugs on the street and they turn their head. The see a women prostituting herself, they turn their head. However if you see two people of the sex who may have found happiness with one another, now that is something we just have to involve ourselves with.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ive lived in El Paso for a while and been to this Chicos Tacos. They call out your order number in spanish, and that also can be called discriminitory , because not everyone speaks spanish. I do know most of my numbers in spanish, so when they called my order I was able to get it, but it is always so busy in there, it could be a real problem if you didn't speak spanish. (This place does have good food, so it is worth it, even if they speak spanish and kick out gays for public affection)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
I'm okay with people being gay, but come on. There's no need of them kissing in the middle of a restaurant.

And why should they have to hide their feelings just because YOU think they shouldnt show affection in public? Heck there are some straight people I really dont want to see kissing in public but PDA isnt against the law!

I really hate when people think its ok to be gay yet heaven for bid they see them kiss! If you are ok with homosexuality then you should be fine with them kissing, if you are not then you really arent ok with it! I have seen them kiss and it was no different than my bf and I kissing. It was actually very sweet to see two people so happy and obviously in love and I could careless what their sexual preference is.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well so they should,

So I'm sitting in this resteraunt with my kids enjoying a meal, and my 7 yr old son asks me why them two men are kissing?,
I have the right to not want my son to be subjected to that kind of behavour in public,

and if that did happen I would go over there and tell them myself.

they should show a little respect for others as no matter which way you look at it, its very inapropriate because I bet the majority of the people in that place would find it SICK!! and thats a fact.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by John Matrix

We are not a race, but we are a minority. That was the point. It is never acceptable for the majority to force it's will on the minority. As I have stated before, ad nauseum, this country was founded on the rights of the individual, not the will of the majority. If you doubt this, read the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. I would also state that there is only one race, the Human Race!

Hmmmm? People infected with contagious diseases are quarantined. Murderers, rapists, muggers, and child molesters are imprisoned, etc. Those are types of minorities that the majority forces their will on.

You are claiming minority status for nothing more than a deviant behavior. You cannot claim racial minority status because you belong to a group of sexual deviants, and that is exactly what you are trying to convince me of, but I don't buy it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
Well so they should,

So I'm sitting in this restaurant with my kids enjoying a meal, and my 7 yr old son asks me why them two men are kissing?,
I have the right to not want my son to be subjected to that kind of behaviour in public,

they should show a little respect for others as no matter which way you look at it, its very inappropriate because I bet the majority of the people in that place would find it SICK!! and thats a fact.

I agree. It's that little thing called respect. It was the "lack thereof" that gave rise to this thread. If those two Gay lifestyle practitioners had a little respect for others and some self control they would not have offended anyone or gotten there butts thrown out.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

That seems to be the way. Gays and bisexuals can have all the fun they want behind closed doors.

No they cannot, in uk they put cameras into yur home, to watch you and your family.

No privacy anywhere.

These people do have the right to sue, as what is the difference between them and two straights doing it openly in public. Nothing in reality, but of course lets pretend society is this and that way.

Society still does not accept anyne being openly gay, and they still want to frame any gay man to put in prison, so they never need t commit any crimes.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
And the latest development on this story:

Calls for investigation into police after El Paso restaurant ejects two men for kissing

According to the local Fox affiliate, police cited “a Texas law banning homosexual activity,” but “the law, however, has been struck down by the Supreme Court and is not enforced.”

“Police reportedly told the men that same-sex kissing was forbidden in public,” the ACLU stated.

“We’re extremely concerned that the actions of the restaurant employees and the El Paso police may have violated the law,” ACLU of Texas legal director Lisa Graybill said in a statement. “The City of El Paso prohibits restaurants from refusing service to anyone based on their sexual orientation, and the police should have enforced that ordinance.”

Full Article:

rawstory.com...

[edit on 11-7-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My mum always told me "whatever people think of you is none of your business." And vice versa how I feel about another bod is irrelevant. People are just different, folks living according to there own lifes plan.
I find it totally ridiculous that in 2009 people still care how a stranger chooses to live there life!
So what if two grown men show affection in public? I honestly don't understand the outrage?
I am a middle aged heterosexual mother of two, both of whom are heterosexual too. They where raised to be all they could be, and to never feel shame or guilt. They are not homophobic, or for that matter racist or ageist.
As for you folks who say "I don't want my child to see that" I hope for your sakes they grow up to be heterosexual too, otherwise what happens to your relationship? Or is that when you move the goalposts and become more liberal?
If that turns out to be the case for you, I got to tell you I'd rather a man/woman who are true to themselves over a hypocrite any day.
Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

yes that is exactly true, being a bisexual women myself, i find it inapropiate to be kissing another women in public. In fact people don't even know I am bisexual, I am not open about it because i don't care to get any attention from it. Which is why gays are being persecuted for their sexual beliefs, they have to tell everyone about it. if we all were secret about it, no one would know and no one would really care. My husband once worked with a lesbian, everyone was cool about it, because she didn't make a big deal about her liking chicks. I feel if the gay community was more subtle about it, instead of force feeding the public about their beliefs we would all be okay with this.

Besides I don't kiss my husband in public, and if I tried kissing him in restaurant he would be like WTF are you doing? There is a time and place for everything, what these two guys did was very rude, there is no place in restaurant for a make out session!!! Get a damn room!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSer78
Two men kissing in a public restaurant is just in poor taste. This just isn't the type of place to do it, especially where children may come into view of something like this.

I'm not convinced that all they did was kiss on the lips briefly that caused this uproar.

Sounds too much like someone wanting to sue the hell out of anyone by claiming they're civil rights were violated, because they're broke, and found the right place to make a scene.

As far as establishments refusing service, and requesting individuals to leave the premises, usually is to protect the other patrons of the establishment. It is their right to refuse obscene or lewd behavior.

"My god, please somebody think of the children!" I'm definitely not tired of hearing this old worn out arguement that has been taken to far as it was.
So is a man and woman kissing in a public place in poor taste? I imagine you will say yes just to justify your ignorant post, but in reality, you wouldn't even think twice of it. I think the real problem is, is that you not only have to explain to your kids of why two men are kissing but you also are trying some pathetic attempt to prevent your kids from "choosing" to be gay. It's a simple explanation and kids aren't that fragile. I was explained of homosexuality when I was that young because my mom worked and befriended a gay guy who lived with a partner and we were going to hang out with them. I was cool with it and it didn't bother me.

Did it turn me gay? No, because contrary to popular belief, it is not a choice, but something you are born with. People who choose to be gay or straight are the ones going against nature. Another ignorant comment is the who conspiracy to sue the establishment. If it involves gays, then it must be just another way to push their agenda on the poor ol' public, nevermind that they were expressing themselves to each other. It is true that places have the right to pick and choose their customers, but that's also not very good for business. Then again, it was perfectly acceptable to kick out blacks from a place because it was the businesses right to do so. That worked out well for them, didn't it?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied
Im not being anti gay or anything, but if i was there eating my taco frys and across from me 2 queers were slobbering the face off each other, i would also ask them to leave..

You say you're anti gay and you make an ignorant statement like that? Sounds pretty anti gay to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
Well so they should,

So I'm sitting in this resteraunt with my kids enjoying a meal, and my 7 yr old son asks me why them two men are kissing?,
I have the right to not want my son to be subjected to that kind of behavour in public,

they should show a little respect for others as no matter which way you look at it, its very inapropriate because I bet the majority of the people in that place would find it SICK!! and thats a fact.

Again, with the protecting the children crap. The real problem you are having is not the psychological impact from it, it'll be the psychological impact you would be creating by demonizing it. Oh boo hoo, you actually have to explain something to your seven year old. Kids ask questions, get over it. I highly doubt you would actually get up and tell them anything, you'd probably complain to management or leave. I'm not gay or anything, but if i was kissing my woman, and some idiot told me to stop and leave, he/she would first be told what they could do with themselves and if they persisted, they'd be pressing charges against me for assault. It's just something I would do and I know many gays guys would do the same thing.

Who cares if the majority of the people find what they is sick? Whatever other people think doesn't matter. I don't care with others think when I kiss and fondle my girlfrend in public. The find it sick, then my opinion of them remains, the can go F themselves. Simple as that. I said in another post and I'm going to say it again, people need to start minding their own damn business.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join