It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two gay men kicked out of Chico's Tacos restaurant for kissing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Darn right. You would think they would ask gay people when and how they became aware but, then again if you tell they won't believe it. I knew of no gay people until I was 18. My parents were very religious (baptist in fact). I knew that I was unlike the other children when I was seven and no it was not about sex rather about having a crush on other boys. I'm 36 and have met thousands of other gays and have only met one person that says they were molested by someone.

The only people that tried to recruit me in life are various churches but, never a gay man. I found out there were other gay people in my family but, I never knew them until I was 25 and way into my 2nd boyfriend.

[edit on 10/7/09 by toochaos4u]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by John Matrix
They won't be accepted as normal until half the population are Gay and with women being as attractive as they are, I don't see that ever happening.

According to the 2000 census African Americans comprise 12.3% of Americans, Hispanic or Latino 12.5%, Asian 3.6% and GLBT (gay, lesbian or bisexual) 1.51% (and that's just the ones with the guts to admit it). So by your logic, only Caucasians are 'normal' and no other group will ever be until one of the other groups reach that majic 50%. Anyone below the 50%, it's perfectly OK to discriminate against, right?

Homosexuals are not a race......they are a group of people who share a fetish. A paraphilia is a fetish that the majority of the population(red, yellow, black, brown, or white) views as not being normal.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Im so sick of this politically correct garbage I could literally throw up.

I used to laugh at my grandpa when he would get irrate and exclaim that the world was going straight to hell...... but now I find myself agreeing with him more and more every single day that passes.

Society no longer has any shame, self control or decency left in it. It's all selfishness and forcing an agenda upon others who want no part of it. It makes you not even want to leave the damn house.

End of rant.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
We need more data on this story. Who is the detective of ATS? Do some snooping and determine what level of PDA (Public Display of Affection) we are talking about here.

Kiss on cheek for less than 3 seconds?

Kiss on lips closed mouth for less than 3 seconds?

Kiss on lips Open mouth?

Mouth to Mouth contact either open or closed lips for longer than three seconds?

The only thing that changes between you witnessing someone receive a kiss on the cheek and a kiss on the lips is your own notion of what that persons sexual preference is.

You cannot be blamed for this! You are hardwired from instincts to make pre determinations about situation.

It saved your ancestors life to gauge a situation and make a predetermination if it was safer to fight or flight.

It just trickles into the society we have made in the form of prejudice.

We have to overcome our instincts!

Being the "Master of your Domain" is a big point of our human evolution. We no longer give into our animal urges to mate with a female or male we sense or detect to be in heat.

We no longer give into our instincts to be scared of the dark or scared of loud noises. We have tamed most of our world and we are the big fish in the pond.

Overcoming prejudice is a part of overcoming your instincts. Being able to recognize judging someone before meeting them shows a great deal of self control over your instincts. That is what separates us from animals.

Automatically saying "These two men were overtly tongue massaging each other" is really a statement we cannot make without further data.

Innocent until proven guilty right?

Or is it guilty by association?

It is really up to you to decide what image immediately springs to mind first thing when you hear this story with limited information.

For the single Mother who talked of a relative who was molested by gays the first thing that probably popped into her mind was two pedophiles having sex. She had a seriously bad emotional experiences and now associates gays immediately with that experience.

For me I immediately gave them the benefit of the doubt.

If the story came attached to a picture of one guy sprawled out on the table and another on top of him I would probably have to lean in the direction of overt public display of PDA.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IRTehBomb
reply to post by DaisyAnne

So is survival of the fittest, the spreading of genes through being the optimal mate. How many gay animals do you suppose continue their line in the animal kingdom? It may occurr, but that doesn't mean it's normal or that nature encourages it!

It is an almost universal behaviour, which would make it perfectly normal.
If it is practiced throughout the animal kingdom (even used for conflict resolution by feuding animals), that doesn't qualify it as an aberration. The "it's not natural" schtick simply isn't going to fly anymore. People will just have to own up to their bigotry for what it is.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Why is this even on ATS?

It should be on BTS if even that............

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

I think his point was not that it was an aberration, but that those animals who respond that way die out, their genes with them, pretty quickly compared to the life of the species.

That it happens, fine. What biological function could it serve other than to remove their gene strain from the pool?

I think he raises an interesting question, too, because I've seen many bring up similar studies while stating it's nature's way.

For that matter, it's nature's way to trap and slowly liquefy living beings, and it happens billions if not trillions of times a day. Does that mean humanity should start to adopt this and embrace it?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

I think it proves that sex is not simply a means of propigating the species, any species, even in nature. As I brought up before, it is even used as effective conflict resolution tool in the animal kingdom.

And comparing liquefying a living being to gay sex is more than a little ridiculous, don't you think?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
- Blacks out of the pools.
- Gays out of the restaurants.

This must be that point I always hear about where history begins to repeat itself.

P.S. Two homosexuals kissing does not equate to forcing an agenda.

You cannot reduce the affection of one couple to some political trick because you feel uncomfortable about it and are paranoid when things aren't always compatible with your own personal comfort zone.

Hell..it's not like they walked into the public taco spot clad in spiked bondage leather with one of them collared and hooked to a doggy leash.

That only happens during the parades.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

junglejake as a mod who gave up his superpowers in order to communicate with us mortals what is the first image that springs to mind when you hear this story?

Is the first thing you think of a quick innocent kiss between lovers?

Two people having a tongue battle for 15 minutes straight?

The first image that comes into your mind with this story will tell you a lot about your pre judging.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Well I have a little social experiment for you, since it is obvious that you are implying only white people are the ones who are trying to hold people down and infringe upon their equal rights. Careful though, this one could blow your mind if you arent careful.

Why dont you and your gay friends go sit down inside of a black owned and black patronized restaraunt...order a few Majitos...and then start sucking face and grab assing in front of everyone who is trying to eat their meals.

Then see how long it takes before someone comes over and punches you in the face or throws a drink bottle at your head.

Then come back here to ATS and let everyone know how it went, be sure and follow up with photos etc etc.

And be sure to remember that it was the black voters in California who overwhelmingly voted AGAINST the proposed gay marriage bill and sent it crashing and burning to the ground.

So what do you say? Let's see how far this tolerance thing can be pushed !! Social science is fun

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I saw the thread title and I thought, where Texas?
Sure enough it was Texas, no big surprise.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Comparing an egg to a cantaloupe always comes to the bottom of why.

Gay genes may make women more fertile

Even though saying"Gay Genes" is misleading because nobody is really sure what exactly triggers being gay. It brings up the point that in a lot of cases highly fertile women have gay sons. I've said this before and I'll have to just start copying and pasting with all proof people seek because it is tiring typing it over and over. Go ahead eliminate us though. Perhaps in doing so your fertile women will become sterile and barren.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yes, sure right, it was in Texas. If the cop would have just wrote it off as disorderly conduct instead of homosexual conduct, this whole social debate would not even exist. Honestly I would not want to sit down and any restuarant with my kids only to have them see any kind of couple, heterosexual or homosexual, chocking eachother with their toungues. Really the last thing I want to worry about when I am eating is mad passionate love. There are better places for such things. Even street whores understand that, so why the social debate about a fetish which would be better ignored than spoken of. If I offended anyone, just go kiss each other watching Bruno, I dont think people would really notice in a movie theater.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Just a thought but I wonder what would have a happened if it were two women kissing. Do you know how many times I hear guys condemning two guys for showing any kind of affection for each other, but when it's two girls they get all hot and bothered?

I'm still waiting for someone to give a good reason as to why it's not natural other than what a religious book says. There isn't one. As far as we know, there have been homosexuals all throughout history. It was just "kept in the closet". Now that it's out in the open people are getting their panties all in a wad about it. There are gay people all around us all the time. You just don't know it because, contrary to popular belief, they don't all go flaunting it around all the time.

It's no different then a heterosexual couple making out in front of people and you think or even say, "Get a room!". Then there's those who simply give a peck to their boyfriend/girlfriend. But when a gay person shows affection there all suddenly trying to shove their homosexuality down our throats?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by lee anoma

Well I have a little social experiment for you, since it is obvious that you are implying only white people are the ones who are trying to hold people down and infringe upon their equal rights. Careful though, this one could blow your mind if you aren't careful.

Why dont you and your gay friends go sit down inside of a black owned and black patronized restaraunt...order a few Majitos...and then start sucking face and grab assing in front of everyone who is trying to eat their meals.

"start sucking face and grab assing"?

Did that happen in this case?
Did you even read the article or are you just being a bit reactionary?

To reiterate the claim from the article in question:

"It was a simple kiss on the lips," said Carlos Diaz de Leon, a gay man who was part of the group.

I think your mind is wandering over into the fear department, don't try and take me with you.

The article mentioned kissing, not what you just described.
Perhaps that is what you believe happens when homosexuals casually kiss so I can tell you may be a bit ignorant on this particular subject.

By the way, who even said the owners of the restaurant were WHITE?

I never said any particular race was solely responsible for anything in this case; it was you that spawned that scenario. For all I know the owners are of the same race as one of the alleged victims, Mr. Carlos Diaz de Leon.

You make some broad assumptions.

My point was that people are feeling more and more comfortable with cases of discrimination or at least seem eager to dismiss them. This could lead slowly to the same levels of intolerance experienced in the past.

You go ahead and assign whatever races to that one you like, buddy.

So what do you say? Let's see how far this tolerance thing can be pushed !! Social science is fun

I don't need to conduct your presumptive experiment because it wouldn't work all that well in the city I live in. There are quite a few black owned/black patronized restaurants that are all "gay".

I don't desire to play your race game.

This whole issue is coming from your mind, I never said blacks don't discriminate against gays . You are arguing against points you created, and not my own. Why should I even address them? You go ahead and debate them yourself.

So going into a restaurant with gay friends can end up blowing my mind, eh?
Maybe in your limited circle your idea is a very radical one.

If so, then I would be more apt to believe that yes, your world has gone to hell of late.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
gay people keep your activities behind closed doors if you wanna be gay! "normal people" and "gay people" kissing should be keep it behind closed doors!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Perhaps those who wish to restrict the actions of others should be reminded of these words:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The Declaration of Independence

To single out any citizen or group of citizens and state that they are not allowed to engage in the same behavior as other citizens or that they do not deserve the same rights and priviledges as other citizens is not only restricting their liberty, but also their pursuit of happiness.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
- Blacks out of the pools.
- Gays out of the restaurants.

This must be that point I always hear about where history begins to repeat itself.

P.S. Two homosexuals kissing does not equate to forcing an agenda.

You cannot reduce the affection of one couple to some political trick because you feel uncomfortable about it and are paranoid when things aren't always compatible with your own personal comfort zone.

Hell..it's not like they walked into the public taco spot clad in spiked bondage leather with one of them collared and hooked to a doggy leash.

That only happens during the parades.

- Lee

Your first error is that you equate homosexuals with the black race. Homosexuals are not a race. Your reasoning is an insult to all races.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Your first error is that you equate homosexuals with the black race. Homosexuals are not a race. Your reasoning is an insult to all races.

While you are correct in saying that homosexuals are not a race, I find the latter part of your sentence to be perplexing. Are you saying that homosexuality is insulting to all races? How exactly is it insulting?

I suppose the main thrust of my problem here is this:

If you dislike gay people, just come out and say it. Don't hide it behind any other "reasoning" because it is not reasonable. It's a prejudice. Plain and simple. If you have this prejudice, just have the decency to come out and say it. You have a right to think whatever you like. But you do not have the right to try and infringe on the rights of other human beings by classifying your prejudice as anything other than what it is.

I don't care whether or not you like gay people. I do care, however, if you think that your dislike gives you the right to legislate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join