It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two gay men kicked out of Chico's Tacos restaurant for kissing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Using your logic: men who are attracted to young girls are born that way and should not be condemned for chasing after them and molesting them.

A paraphilia is a deviant sexual behavior. "Deviant" means "not the normal accepted behavior". So, homosexuality is a paraphilia whether you like it or not.

Respectfully,
JM (Commando)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Using your logic: men who are attracted to young girls are born that way and should not be condemned for chasing after them and molesting them.

Er... Based on what statement? From what I can gather, all I said was that most homosexuals, like most heterosexuals, prefer to keep sexual intimacy behind closed doors, that being attracted to men doesn't mean you're attracted to boys, and that I'd kick anyone out of my store for displaying obnoxious public displays of affection. How does that translate into saying pedophiles are just fine?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

So it's ok for heteros to kiss, but not gay? Oh wait, I forget, it's perfectly ok for lesbians to kiss in public as long as they are super hot too right?
People need to mind their damn business.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by junglejake

A paraphilia is a deviant sexual behavior. "Deviant" means "not the normal accepted behavior". So, homosexuality is a paraphilia whether you like it or not.

Respectfully,
JM (Commando)

I think you actually hit on some valid points. I DO believe that men who are attracted to young girls are born that way.

The problem is that young children can barely tie their shoes, let alone understand the complexities of the human body, emotions, procreation, physical relationships. That presents a VERY dangerous situation. What do you do with someone who was born to have the instinct to procreate with underage members of the opposite or same sex?

You prevent them from doing it.

Some members of our society are born with the desire to kill and rape. We do not say "They are born that way let them do it". We prevent them from doing it.

When you talk of homosexuality or Lesbianism or Transgendered individuals who are adults and want to couple with other adults you have no say in the matter. Both parties are agreeing to the deal. You do not get to intervene.

And I agree that being gay is not normal or accepted. That is what this whole post is about. Two people of the same sex being removed from a taco restaurant for kissing.

The gay community WANTS it to be considered normal. That is what their fight is about.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A recent study stated that homosexuality is almost universal throughout the animal kingdom. I would say that this deems it as perfectly "natural" and not "deviant" at all:

Article from The Telegraph

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The restaurant owner has rights -- one is the rights (should be) to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Private business, private property, not the governments business.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Er... Based on what statement? From what I can gather, all I said was that most homosexuals, like most heterosexuals, prefer to keep sexual intimacy behind closed doors, that being attracted to men doesn't mean you're attracted to boys, and that I'd kick anyone out of my store for displaying obnoxious public displays of affection. How does that translate into saying pedophiles are just fine?

I am deeply humiliated and apologetic. I was eating some Italian meatball and chicken linguine and distracted as I downed the tastey treat.

I guess I get a few stars removed for that goof up.

[edit on 10/7/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
The restaurant owner has rights -- one is the rights (should be) to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Private business, private property, not the governments business.

Well, then why don't you go ahead and try to open a 'whites only' restaurant and see how far you get! If you open up a business to the public, then you have to be prepared to have all of the public show up at your door, not just the ones you like.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

So is survival of the fittest, the spreading of genes through being the optimal mate. How many gay animals do you suppose continue their line in the animal kingdom? It may occurr, but that doesn't mean it's normal or that nature encourages it!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
When you talk of homosexuality or Lesbianism or Transgendered individuals who are adults and want to couple with other adults you have no say in the matter. Both parties are agreeing to the deal. You do not get to intervene.

And I agree that being gay is not normal or accepted. That is what this whole post is about. Two people of the same sex being removed from a taco restaurant for kissing.

The gay community WANTS it to be considered normal. That is what their fight is about.

I agree than consenting adults should be able to practice sex the way they want to behind closed doors as long as no one is being forced to do it and no one is being hurt by it.

They won't be accepted as normal until half the population are Gay and with women being as attractive as they are, I don't see that ever happening.

If I was a woman I would feel deeply offended by men who prefer sex with men over a women.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by ReelView

Well, then why don't you go ahead and try to open a 'whites only' restaurant and see how far you get! If you open up a business to the public, then you have to be prepared to have all of the public show up at your door, not just the ones you like.

They can all show up, but they have to obey the rules. My rule is no smooching at the table because it makes me and others puke up our meals.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

They won't be accepted as normal until half the population are Gay and with women being as attractive as they are, I don't see that ever happening.

According to the 2000 census African Americans comprise 12.3% of Americans, Hispanic or Latino 12.5%, Asian 3.6% and GLBT (gay, lesbian or bisexual) 1.51% (and that's just the ones with the guts to admit it). So by your logic, only Caucasians are 'normal' and no other group will ever be until one of the other groups reach that majic 50%. Anyone below the 50%, it's perfectly OK to discriminate against, right?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

They can all show up, but they have to obey the rules. My rule is no smooching at the table because it makes me and others puke up our meals.

As long as that rule applies to everyone, not a problem! That's the point here, the double standard. It's OK for one, but not another. That, my friend, is utter crap and not what this country was founded on.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Like others have said, there is nothing wrong with being gay. I fully support anyone's right to be gay. But personally, I do not want to eat dinner while a couple of guys are making out in the next booth over. That's just my personal preference. And for the record, I probably wouldn't want to eat while a guy and girl are making out next to me, either.

A restaurant has the right to refuse service to anyone. If two gay men making out is going to anger/disgust a portion of their paying patrons, then they should have the right to kick them out.

And these two gay men who were making out in a restaurant are doing a great injustice to the gay & lesbian community. People have become a lot more tolerant in recent times, but they can only take so much. I support gay rights but I also support a business' right to object to such behavior. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if these two men were doing it to show off or antagonize other people in the restaurant. Just because you think you can do something does not mean that you should be doing it.

It's not as if there is a "no gays" sign on the front door. It's just common courtesy to not stick your tongue in your gay lovers mouth while other people are trying to have dinner, especially if their kids are with them. That's one conversation that I don't want to have with my kids until I think they are good and ready. But it appears that these two love birds took it upon themselves to put on a show for everyone because they are a couple of perverts.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
however unpopular this may be: GOOD.
about time someone stood up for public decency in our day and age.
be as gay as you want, but not in front of mine or anyone else's kids!

to be honest, i'm sure if there were some straight people making out in a family restaurant they would have put a stop to it as well, we just wouldn't have heard about the horrifying hate crime.

i think we should all have the same rights, but it seems more and more that minorities get MORE rights than anyone else...gay people aren't even technically a minority...they are just REGULAR PEOPLE...that now have a subculture that gets them special privileges.

i'm going to make a new straight-stay at home mom-no vax-homeschool club and anytime someone even LOOKS at me wrong, i'm going to call the ACLU and cry about the awful mistreatment just because i CHOOSE* to do things a little different than other people.

[edit on 7/10/2009 by double_frick]

Please

What exactly are my "special privileges" ? I cannot share property with my partner. It is technically illegal to even have sexual relations in my state in my own home. We pay taxes as two single individuals, our health insurance is separate because we cannot carry each other on a policy. We have no right to see each other in the hospital which makes it difficult to get permission on my partner's behalf because he hasn't spoken to his parents since he was 15 (Religious Nuts-Think Snake Handlers). What we pay out is double what the married couple next door. I am a second class citizen.

You know a little harassment on the job is ok because there is no policy on gay people. You know refusing to train a person, throwing a concrete block through their windshield and scratch a few anti-gay slurs with a key. So what if a restaurant refuses service that is just another notch on this privileged life. As for the kids, keep their blinders on and never let them see the real world.

South Carolina just enacted a statewide program for couples counseling (for free). They said gay couples are fine and don't need counseling. Apparently we are already marriage material since the state already sees us as having perfect privileged lives.

I want the list of my privileges over heterosexuals. This is ATS. Where is the proof I have more privaleges and rights? Name them.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I agree with the gay's rights on this issue. but they also need to heed common propriety. it's generally not OK to displace graphic of overly overt displays of affection in public. boy or girl. In some cultures it's a real big no. no. I got yelled at in China for holding a girls hand while walking through the park. by old people and by kids my own age. it's no no.

So simply getting kicked out for swapping spit in a public eating establishment isn't as bad as getting harassed for holding a girls hand in public. at least they won't get yelled at for that.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

As long as that rule applies to everyone, not a problem! That's the point here, the double standard. It's OK for one, but not another. That, my friend, is utter crap and not what this country was founded on.

You feel this need to give me a history lesson?
I see no double standard here. How do you know the owner allows hetero smooching in his joint.

I say they should get a hotel room and do it there! Then come back for a bite to eat.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Probably from the "that faggot stuff" comment in the article in the OP. You did read it (the whole thing), didn't you?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join