It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two gay men kicked out of Chico's Tacos restaurant for kissing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
You are not born Gay anymore than you are born with the knowledge to understand the internal workings of an electric motor or a car engine. You learn it!! You learn to be Gay as a boy when Gay men manipulate and entice you into their paraphilic lifestyle.

What utter tripe! You do not 'learn' to be gay, either you are or you are not! I did not 'learn' it from gay men. I was not enticed and manipulated in any fashion. I never even met another gay man until I was an adult. I went through puberty convinced that I was the only one on the planet (very different time then). Also your little dig calling it a "paraphilic lifestyle" shows me that you Sir, are a BIGOT! Considering that the vast majority of sexual deviants are heterosexual, maybe you should be more concerned about how they were manipulated and enticed into such behavior!

As to the OP, it just shows that 'hate' for those who are different from yourself is still very rampant in our society! I would also ask why a restaurant would have guards? I work in the industry, and it's not exactly a common practice. Especially a fast food restaurant, which this sounds like.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

You learn it!! You learn to be Gay as a boy when Gay men manipulate and entice you into their paraphilic lifestyle.

That is one of the most uneducated, ill-thought posts I've seen in a long time. But, ignorance is bliss, they say....

You learn to be Gay as a boy...

??? Well, then blame Sears and Roebuck!! Men's underwear photos in their catalog, that's what did it for me!! There certainly weren't any Gay influences around...nope. So it had to be the department store chain, yup!! That is the 'logical' reason, based on your warped impressions of the real world.

Oh...and my straight step-father's collection of Penthouse and Playboy hidden under the bed? Yup...thumbed through those too. Guess what? Know what caught my eye??

The annual Adult Movie reviews...with scenes that showed the tantalyzingly naked men...NOT the women. Ugh! Yuk!

Hormones. Sexuality. Get over it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I got kicked out of a Ruby Tuesday's for having my hand on my wife's leg! At least that is the only reason I can think of. The manager said we were being too "affectionate." We were sitting with a large group at the high-top tables in the bar area.

By the way, the manager got punked by me and the group relentlessly afterwards, and the entire restaurant was cracking up, but we did go ahead and leave before the cops came, and we didn't pay our tabs!

That said, I don't think these guys should be kicked out any more than I should have, but I would be disgusted if I had to watch. I would probably laugh and poke some fun at them, but I would do the same thing to a teenage couple or an old couple that were kissing in a restaurant!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by Gaspode

Geez that was the low energy version?

Yes.

Guess what, there are lots of us who DO know a little, and you have to accept that.

Yes. But is it necessarily the truth? Or is it – as I suggested – not only a case of they think they’re right? How can a straight married guy - for example - be so sure about the on goings of a homosexual person? Did he walk the mile?

And please, drop this bit about homosexuals getting their brains beaten in. I don't know the numbers, but probably ONE homosexual gets assualted in comparison to every THOUSAND women, and that's just for being a woman.

I agree. Adult beatings of gay men have dropped. Or at least the reports of it. However - spend a day with a feminine boy at school... Abuse isn't always physical.

Nobody cares what they do in privacy, but there are and should be laws for what people do in public. There are many places now where you can't smoke in public because it is aggravating to some people. You can't be naked in public. Technically you could pick your nose in public and eat the boogers but who wants to see that? See where I am getting at?

I agree 100%. But then the same rules should be valid for everyone in society. Not just a selected few, i.e. this behaviour is acceptible from them but not from those. Double standards much?

And when is freedom not freedom anymore?

[edit on 7/10/09 by Gaspode]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
however unpopular this may be: GOOD.
about time someone stood up for public decency in our day and age.
be as gay as you want, but not in front of mine or anyone else's kids!

to be honest, i'm sure if there were some straight people making out in a family restaurant they would have put a stop to it as well, we just wouldn't have heard about the horrifying hate crime.

i think we should all have the same rights, but it seems more and more that minorities get MORE rights than anyone else...gay people aren't even technically a minority...they are just REGULAR PEOPLE...that now have a subculture that gets them special privileges.

i'm going to make a new straight-stay at home mom-no vax-homeschool club and anytime someone even LOOKS at me wrong, i'm going to call the ACLU and cry about the awful mistreatment just because i CHOOSE* to do things a little different than other people.

[edit on 7/10/2009 by double_frick]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
FBI stats show that 95% of serial killers are homosexual.

Oh, the T&C is stopping me from tearing you a new one, here...so I'll have to suffice with actual facts (not your ignorant "sources"):

www.fortunecity.com...

The serial killer statistics -

The USA has 76% of the worlds serial killers.

Europe in second, has 17%. England has produced 28% of the European total; Germany produces 27%, and France produces 13%.

California leads in the US with the most Serial Homicide cases that have occured. Texas, New York, Illinois, and Florida follow shortly behind.
Maine has the lowest occurence of serial murders - none. Hawaii, Montana, North Dakota, Delaware, and Vermont each have had only one case of a serial murder.
84% of American killers are caucasian.

16% are black.

Men make up at least 90% of the world wide total of serial killers.

65% of victims are female.

89% of victims are white.

44% of all killers start in their twenties.

26% start in their teens.

24% start in their thirties.

Out of all the killers, 86% are heterosexual.

John Matrix, you can read. 86% are heterosexual!!!

Now, please go spit your venom elsewhere...be sure to remove your foot, first.

[edit on 10 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaspode

We live in a democracy where the majority rules. The majority of people don't want to see people sucking face when they are about to eat, and obviously in El Paso Texas, two MEN sucking face is likened to criminal behavior. Homosexuals just flat-azzed CAN'T TAKE OVER THE WHOLE DANG WORLD, not at this juncture. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Homosexuals will always be the odd men out (no pun intended) it's not genetic, it's not catching rofl the demographic might rise with acceptance but not by much.

It's not an issue of race where people breed, it's not an issue of religion which inducts and people have a choice...

The demographic for homosexual men will always be very low and make people uncomfortable

It doesn't mean being in the closet but it does mean accepting that a situation is what it is.

Homosexuality is the one arena where establisments that cater to a group will be needed

i.e Gay establishments

Not that lol, Gay people shouldn't eat and go where they want.... of course they should, bt in respect for heteros might want to limit public display in those arenas...

I personally don't care who is what... or what they do.

I don't want my night out to dinner or trip to the supermarket to be the time I have to explain things to my kids either though, it's.... annoying my good time

My response to this can only be the same response I have to the guy with the Alex Jones stickers... on the 4th of July...

Bad timing in this case not the best placement...

Farting is completely natural to, just like being Gay is

But don't go Fart in a crowded elevator for petes sake...

Going into a largely heterosexual establishment and making out is intentional really, it's making a statement and... it's not about can or can't it's about... being rude to people...

It's not like I wont have a very positive portrayal of homosexuality to my kids... Just not when i'm spending my last 150.00 on a family dinner... please? K? Come on ....

You know... I go to church with my non Jewish friends from time to time... and I don't go there with a Yarmulke on and a Big Jewish star around my neck and an open shirt

Not that i can't... just why be a jerk about it all, give respect = receive respect

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Homosexuality has nothing to do with biology. It's pure psychology. That is why you can't pass laws prohibiting discriimiation of homosexual behavior in public.

Uhh...No. Homosexuality is not 'pure psychology', which is why the APA removed it from its list of mental diseases in the first place. Studies were performed that concluded there is no psychological difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals.

There are studies showing a biological link:

Balanced article with 9 or so studies showing biological evidence for homosexuality

Symmetry of Homosexual brain resembles that of opposite sex.

Homosexual Men respond to male pheremones like Heterosexual Women

So, yes, homosexuality does have something to do with biology. Just like skin color.

And by the way, NARTH is nothing but a joke. It's a group of fundamental Christians and faux scienctists that do absolutely nothing but try and discredit homosexuality to further a political and religious agenda. Any cursory Google search can show how nobody in any respectable field of science and psychology takes them seriously.

Once again a thread about homosexuality inevitably turns into a "what causes homosexuality" debate where the saaaame propaganda gets repeated ad nauseum.

Homosexuality has no biological basis! (Even though studies support some kind of biological connection)

Homosexuality is a choice! -From a heterosexual that will freely admit they never had to choose what sexuality they liked. Let's see...do I like Tommy or Tina? Hmm...Tommy has good legs and a killer smile, but Tina is filling in quite nicely and she's funny as hell. Hmm...I think I'll go with Tina and other girls from now on! ZAP! A heterosexual is made!

Le sigh.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

We live in a Democracy based on Equal Rights for ALL of it's citizens!

We ALL have the right to free speech, not just the majority.

We ALL have the right to bear arms, not just the majority.

We ALL have the right to to vote, not just the majority.

We ALL have Freedom of Religion (or from it), not just the majority.

Etc. etc. etc.

Either we ALL have the right to show public displays of affection, or NONE of us do!

Now I agree that playing 'tonsil hockey' is over the line, but it's over the line for EVERYONE! However, there is no evidence that this was the case here. It was homophobic security guards who apparently were not secure enough in their own sexuality who had the problem with two men kissing in any fashion.

IF WE DON'T ALL HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS, THEN WE HAVE FAILED THE DREAM OF OUR FOUNDING FATHERS, plain and simple!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I think your purposely missing the point. And that seems to be what the whole "kiss" was about a public, in your face display.

Look no more than you want to see me schtupping my wife in public, I don't want to see gay men displaying their affections in public...

Would I defend a gay man in public if he was being hassled or harrased by bigoted heterro's, you damn right I would...we all should be treated with respect and dignity, whomever we are...

Having said that, there is a time a place for everything...Chico's is not that place...there are people there that just want to go out spend their money and have a good evening ...where is it written that you have a right to ruin my evening by showing me something I know exists but I don't want to see.

where's your common sense?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I am a supporter of gay and lesbian rights,gnl) so this will sound strange coming from me. But many members of the g&l agree with me on this...

The problem is that movement for acceptence for gnl has been a little too fast. ONly 20 years ago it was really taboo. You can't go from completelly taboo to marriage in 2 decades.There are some people still revolting from the civil liberties movement.

You have to give people time to adjust and accept. You can't go from outright un acceptence to putting it on tv to accepting public affection in a short period of time without backlash.

The process needs to be slowed down.

This is it in a nutshell. I, personally, have gay friends that we spend quite a bit of time with (especially in the summer, since they happen to live in our usual vacation destination). I don't mind seeing them kiss. But i DO mind seeing anyone "making out". I am not a teenager. I am beyond that and believe that you don't have to show such deep affection publicly.

Regardless of how i feel, however, Nixie nails it. The movement is just pushing entirely too hard trying to undo millenia of dogma. Just slow it down, and let society come to terms with it in due course. There is no reason to be too hypersensitive, especially when things are moving in a direction that benefits the goals of the gay rights community.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I once participated in threads about homosexuality, taking care to respond to the truly ridiculous comments they seem to amass. After a little while, I realised what a profound drain on my energy it was. I've had quite a break from it all, and in fact tend to avoid the issue altogether when visiting ATS.

After reading the OP, I thought that perhaps I was no longer burnt out on arguing about the subject, and began to think of what my response might be. As I did so, I continued to read through the replies.

Somewhere along page two, I realised that no substantive argument was going to come from me. I don't have it in me to argue the point. So instead, I present an image that best sums up my feelings regarding too many of the comments made here. I believe it's also Schro's new avatar (perhaps the most appropriate one you could choose for an internet forum).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d9d74bbdb81.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang

I think your purposely missing the point. And that seems to be what the whole "kiss" was about a public, in your face display.

I'm not missing the point at all. If it was just a simple kiss on the lips, then it should have just been ignored. I work in a restaurant (and a hell of alot 'classier' than 'Chico's Tacos') and simple displays of affection by any guest would not be grounds for ejection. It wouldn't even be grounds for Management intervention! Now if you start 'getting down to business', then something would be done, regardless of sexual orientation.

Having said that, there is a time a place for everything...Chico's is not that place...there are people there that just want to go out spend their money and have a good evening ...where is it written that you have a right to ruin my evening by showing me something I know exists but I don't want to see

where's your common sense?

And what ever happened to minding your own business. I know when I go out to a restaurant, I pay absolutely no attention whatsoever to any of the other guests. Apparently, everyone was watching the 'table of faggots' in the first place, or else this would never have happened. And for one of the security guards to say something like "he didn't allow "that faggot stuff"" is way across the line!

It's been 40 years now since the Stonewall riots and the begining of the gay rights movement, and we still see such childish prejudices and insecurity. If you are truly secure in your own sexuality, then the affairs of others do not bother or concern you in the slightest. I'm sorry, but the closet door has been nuked open and there's no going back now! Either we all have the same rights, or none of us do!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by deadbang

It's been 40 years now since the Stonewall riots and the begining of the gay rights movement, and we still see such childish prejudices and insecurity.

I can meet you half way on quite a bit that you say, I guess my overall problem lies in part of the above statement.

We also see childish and overt displays of affection from gays (I'm in Denver large GLB population, apparently), almost as if to say, here we are deal with us or else....there are large swaths of society I purposely don't deal with, everyone does this. So I don't need two men publicly showing their affection for one another just to make me aware of their freedom to do so.

Freedoms come with responsibilities. I am free to smoke cigarettes, but that does not make me doing it in confined places or being a nuisance around people who don't smoke right.

It's just civility man...

[edit on 10-7-2009 by deadbang]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

So I don't need two men publicly showing their affection for one another just to make me aware of their freedom to do so.

Only because you said "two men" it brings up the question: As a 'straight' man, are you equally as offended by two women kissing?

This arises (pun) because it seems quite common for hetero men to be aroused (!) at the propect...especially the much bally-hooed "menage-a-trois". YOU know....the guy sandwich!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

I agree that overt displays of affection are improper, regardless of sexual orientation. It's bad enough that teenagers do it, but it is unacceptable in adults. Trust me, I've told many a gay man to 'grow up' and act appropriately in public. I don't like it at all. If it an attempt to 'rub it in the face' of anyone, then it's wrong. That said, however, there is no indication that this was the case at Chico's Tacos.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Weed, in my younger days, my answer would have probably been different...lol...
To be 100% honest, I take the same track as Furry Texan, I'm in my late 40's, have raised 8 kids , 5 young men and 3 young ladies and I'm kinda past the whole public display of affection thing...am I still amorous with my wife, you bet, I'm not dead....but the whole public display thing...I've kinda grown out of...2 ladies, 2 men, 1 man 1 woman...all the same...I no longer want to see it in public, hell I no longer want to do that in public

We do hold hands alot in public though!

I hope I have not come across as bashing, I'm not that kinda of person. Just getting old and seeing life a little differently.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway

Your ignorance about gay people is almost amusing. As an awful lot of gay people know they are gay or at least 'different' at a very early age, some at 5 yrs old, are you saying they were all abused...lol As most also endure their formative years knowing not one single other person who is gay, then that renders your argument useless. As gay people are not represented in the media it cannot be brainwashing. However as you seem to think people are so easily brainwashed in something as basic as their natural sexuality, then by your own argument it could be said that heterosexuals are only heterosexual because of the bombardment of imagery that they grew up with and learnt that behaviour. And as it seems to bother some so much one could only assume that this is because of a repression of their natural sexuality...lol

It's not me that's ignorant. I am quite aware of human instincts.

Where did you ever get the idea that children can know they are gay at 5 years old? They haven't even got a clue what their woody is for at that age, let alone thinking about putting it where the sun don't shine in another male's ______!!

A child who knows what it is to be Gay (and choses to be Gay) at 5 years old, or 13 years old, is obviously confused and the victim of child abuse and/or neglect.

Look in the mirror when you say the word "ignorance".

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Now, please go spit your venom elsewhere...be sure to remove your foot, first.

Try and make me pal

I have a right to comment, and if that's all you can attack from my comments then I think I did pretty darn good.

So try your bully pulpit on someone else.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join