It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two gay men kicked out of Chico's Tacos restaurant for kissing

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nau310d
Homosexuality is such a dirty and degenerate phenomenon. People today accept homosexuality because they have lost their moral standards. They don't know how human beings should behave anymore. If there truly is a God, do you really think he would accept homosexuality?

One doesn't need much thinking to understand that homosexuality is so unatural. Sex between male and a female has a function, to produce an offspring. When the penis penetrates the vagina, the purpose it to create an offspring. The function of the anus is not to be penetrated. Doesn't this show how unatural homosexuality is? If all of mankind would be homosexual, mankind would die out (not counting science).

If the decline of mankinds moral standards continues to fall like it has done the last 100 years, within 20 years pedophilia will be accepted. Nowadays some pedophiles say they are sexually attracted to children, they are trying to rationalize their evil and demonic behavious. Do you think that should be allowed too? Should that kind of so called "love" be allowed to exist?

[edit on 12-7-2009 by nau310d]

"The last 100 years"? Homosexuality has been around and documented from the beginnings of humankind. No, gays having sex with gays don't produce more gays. And so they should have died out. They don't multiply. They've been there in every race, every society in every generation. These people are not being recruited or corrupted into their sexual preferences. They'll likely always be a small percentage of the population. They're not choosing a difficult path just to screw with your concept of what is "natural".

We all know the birds and bees, you don't have to lecture. And no, there isn't a homosexual hating god. There's just you, a lurker, waiting to gay bash your way into heaven. I think you're guaranteed a special place.

Pedophiles are another story and maybe one day there will be real help for those people because that is not sexual attraction that is a power play. That is not consenting adults, that is not heterosexual or homosexual it is not sexual. That is simply abuse whether man on boy, man on girl, woman on girl or woman on boy.

Don't you realize that pedophiles today speak in exactly the same way about pedophilia just like homosexuals did about homosexuality 20 years ago? - nau310d

I was wondering who has been listening to pedophiles for the last 20 years. I feel at ease knowing you're on the job. Keep up the good work!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
I'm okay with people being gay, but come on. There's no need of them kissing in the middle of a restaurant.

So what if a guy and girl kiss in the restaurant ? That happens all the time? Is it different. Just don't look at it .. Your at a restaurant ....Eat your food and leave...

I'm not gay and I don't exactly agree with homosexuality, however, they may have a case for being wrongly accused based on a fraudulent law.......

I understand what you mean about them kissing and how is distracting to others, it is a good point, but straight couples do it all the time so it's not a very strong argument .

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Personally I think it's more distracting when I see little kids who are around 10 macking it in public. Really.

If they are responsible grown men or even teens then whatever. That's fine.

It's the really lewd people and the little kids that bother me when they do it.

This should not even be an issue. I could just as easily say "Hey I don't want *insert creed/race/religion/political position here* to reproduce. They really shouldn't, they're probably too dumb to know how. So I think this is awful that I see two of them kissing in public. Awful. Disgusting. Kick them out."

Remember kids- genetics are just chemistry. They really are. They are the type of chromosomes you have. If you've got xx sex chromosomes, you're female. If you've got xy, you're male. And if you happen to be born with a disorder that leaves you xxx, xxxx, xyy, xxy, or x0... according to tons of people who don't like gender to be anything but xy and xx, you aren't really supposed to exist- you're disgusting and worthless. /sarcasm. Really though, we should all know that's wrong. It's like judging someone for the color of their hair. What if someone is born with a condition that makes them fertile and have characteristics of the opposite gender, or both genders?

Really. Try to be logical here.

/end Raven's classic gay rights rant.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I made a case about your point, and I think i should redefine it. While gays kissing is physiologically indifferent to straights kissing, I do personally find it disgusting. Nothing against gays, but there's some part of my mind that says eww. I can't help it.

So if I were to own a business, I should have a right not to be able to see it on my property. I own the means of production, and the means of conduct in my property.

I am also disgusted by underwear over pants. I have a right no to allow that dress code into my business.

However, I do not have a right to throw someone out if I;m disgusted at their race or gender, because that is something that cannot be changed or stopped visually wise. it is an inactive trait of the person. Kissing requires an action. So I can stop the action. I have no legal right to stop or not allow that which does not take an action to be.

This is what I'm getting at, and as such, I find nothing wrong with the owner's actions.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Then no one would be able to kiss.

AND HERE'S WHY- ladies and gents.

What about people with more or less sex chromosomes- xxy xyy etc. You would have to exclude them.

What about people who you can't tell their gender. Some men are very feminine looking, if they kiss a woman, would you throw them out? What about masculine women?

And what about two women kissing? Friends kissing? A son kissing his father?

What about people who have had sex change operations? Are you going to check everyone's DNA at the door?

I think you'd be closed down pretty fast. That, or you'd be discriminating.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The thing is that restaurants, at least the good ones, want a guest friendly reputation, no matter who the guest is. To exclude any group can tarnish the restaurants friendliness reputation. It's just bad business. If you exclude homosexuals, then there straight friends won't patronize it either, and it builds from there.

The one's with dress codes are very high priced (at least those who require tie and jacket). The clientele of these restaurants tend to be wealthy and appreciate the dress requirements. The only other dress code I've ever run into would be no tank tops or swimsuits.

I'm all for antidiscrimation laws in hiring practices, but I have to agree that a business should be allowed to determine who it wants it's clientele to be.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Won't matter. It all depends on how the restaurant owner feels. If their dress code is suit and dress, they have a right to kick out offenders.

And if they ever so happen to make a mistake, it is simply something they must live with. Mistakes will occur. So what? That's where the law exists.

All the offenders have to say is "but I'm a girl/guy". Problem solved.

As to any other case, if they look like a woman/man but they aren't, then why does it matter? The owner doesn't know, and nothing happens.

You know how many dumb high school kids walk around into stores with fake IDs and order a bear? A lot. But no one knows, so nothing happens. Technically something should, but nothing does. Such is life.

reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Not the same for some parts of New York. On good 'ol conservative Staten island, most patrons would support such an island.

To quote a specific racist I was forced to be with once "look at that china man, on the phone for freaking an hour and 20 minutes. What's he doing, discussing the invasion?"

So you see, not all Americans are idealistic libertarians like myself. Most in the cities have horrible problems. NY being one of the worst imo.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I am a supporter of gay and lesbian rights,gnl) so this will sound strange coming from me. But many members of the g&l agree with me on this...

The problem is that movement for acceptence for gnl has been a little too fast. ONly 20 years ago it was really taboo. You can't go from completelly taboo to marriage in 2 decades.There are some people still revolting from the civil liberties movement.

You have to give people time to adjust and accept. You can't go from outright un acceptence to putting it on tv to accepting public affection in a short period of time without backlash.

The process needs to be slowed down.

bingo bango
the most realistic post ive ever read on the gay subject in my opinion, may be a one liner post in a way, but i think its necessary that people look at this persons post one more time

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Since Humanity could not sustain itself if everyone were gay, it's logical to conclude that homosexuality is a fluke of nature (if it is indeed a born behavior), thus could be classified as a disability of sorts.

We don't kick people out of our restaurants for having down syndrome or only having one leg, so we shouldn't be kicking out gays.

That being said, I despise any PDA beyond a hug, and wouldn't mind laws against it.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by thrustbucket]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thrustbucket

You can't through people out for down syndrome, but if that person does actions which are disgusting or destructive he can.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I have just finished reading this entire thread and would like to offer my own opinion and thoughts.

Firstly I don't see that many people presenting the argument/issue fairly, hence one of the reasons I wanted to include my input.

The two posters who stand out are TrentReznor and John Matrix and while I don’t necessarily agree with JM's theories regarding homosexuality, I do agree with the majority his statements. I also think he has presented his opinions fairly.

Okay, no one knows the facts as none of us were there to witness what transpired. Bearing that in mind I'll talk about the core issue surrounding this story; should the Gay's have been asked to leave because they kissed?

Personally I do not agree with homosexuality in any form, be that a man with a man or a women with another women.

If a man saw two stunning lesbians kissing then yes I'll agree the majority of males probably would stare in lust. The reason for this is quite obvious but no ones mentioned it; it's a very common male fantasy to imagine having sex with two women.

The reason I mention this is because a male viewing two attractive lesbians kissing equates the scenario to a sexual desire/fantasy. I don't believe he see's it as a homosexual couple...

However, if the two women were ugly then he would likely pull his face at the situation. Either way the man would notice this part of his day albeit for different reasons.

On the other hand if a male see’s two males kissing each other he immediately classes’ it as "out of the norm" and essentially see's two Gay men.
This is because, in my opinion, it’s not normal.

Without going into the whole debate I personally do not find Homosexual behaviour normal, I’m not saying its wrong and I’m not saying I hate or dislike people who indulge in it.

Man & Woman were created to have sex with each other, that’s how humans reproduce. We wasn’t created to have sex with our people from our own gender, it doesn’t accomplish anything

Whatever people get up to or choose to do is really none of my business and I’ll happily leave them to it – as long as it doesn’t affect my life.

I believe in fairness and equality, what applies to one has to apply to the other. Therefore if a heterosexual couple could be thrown out of the eatery for kissing then obviously the same rule should apply to a homosexual couple.

With regards to how they were kissing or how long they were kissing etc I’ve already mentioned none of us was actually there to witness the event so there isn’t any point on commenting about that aspect of the story.

Simply put, if the rule says no kissing then there should be no kissing.

It’s my personal opinion that Gay’s shouldn’t be kissing in that environment anyways. As one person has mentioned, if someone wants to be Gay then fine but don’t include me in your sexual orientation.

Maybe that’s a little bit of a strong statement to make, I think I would probably turn my nose at the sight but that would probably be it.

Gay’s & Lesbians needs to realise that although their sexuality is becoming a lot more acceptable in today’s society there’s still a lot of people who have issues with it. I have an issue with it because as stated it isn’t normal.

Could you not use a little bit of tact? You know, limit the kissing or try and keep it a little more private?

With regards to children being present in the eatery I believe this causes another problem;

The parents would obviously have to explain that some people love men and some people love women.

Imagine however that if said child was a little bit insecure or vulnerable and was shy around girls (assuming the child’s a boy) could telling the child it’s acceptable to love men prompt that child to shy away from girls and turn his affections towards members of the same sex?

Thus the said child could possibly develop homosexual tendencies?

It’s only another side of the argument but I could see it being a possible scenario.

I don’t think it’s fair to expose a child to any homosexual influences, if the child already displays them i.e. they were “born gay” then fair enough.

But otherwise I don’t think they should be exposed to it.

It’s an argument I’ve had in another thread and please if you are Gay don’t take offence; I don’t believe Gay couples should be allowed to adopt children.

With the way the world going at the moment and with the arguments presented in this thread I envision a world, not to far away, were we see Gay couples walking down the street with their adoptive children.

Maybe I’m old fashioned or set in my ways but I really don’t think that is right.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

With regards to children being present in the eatery I believe this causes another problem;

The parents would obviously have to explain that some people love men and some people love women.

Ahem....that was a well-reasoned, long response....but you said at the outset you had read the entire thread??? Based on the two sentences above, it seems you did not.

This place, Chico's Tacos, was not a restaurant. It is a drive-up dive, likely with outdoor seating....or limited inside seating. It is the equivalent of a Taco Bell/McDonald's type establishment, and likely not even up to THOSE standards!!!

Furthermore, thie occured late at night, around the midnight hour. Do many responsible parents go out with their children for a bite to eat then??

Also, the owners were not present. It was a simple case of homophobic over-reaction on the part of certain employees, that evening.

It was further exascerbated by the stupidity and comments of the law enforcement personnel who arrived, at the behest of the customers, NOT the eatery employees!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Ahem....that was a well-reasoned, long response....but you said at the outset you had read the entire thread??? Based on the two sentences above, it seems you did not.

This place, Chico's Tacos, was not a restaurant. It is a drive-up dive, likely with outdoor seating....or limited inside seating. It is the equivalent of a Taco Bell/McDonald's type establishment, and likely not even up to THOSE standards!!!

Furthermore, thie occured late at night, around the midnight hour. Do many responsible parents go out with their children for a bite to eat then??

Also, the owners were not present. It was a simple case of homophobic over-reaction on the part of certain employees, that evening.

It was further exascerbated by the stupidity and comments of the law enforcement personnel who arrived, at the behest of the customers, NOT the eatery employees!!!

I did in fact read the entire thread and even looked at the pictures of the place someone posted.

Apologies for using the word "eatery" I know that it was a fast food establishment as opposed to a restaurant.

Well the article says the time the police were called, it doesn't state the time of the incident.

Responsible parents don't usually take their children out for a bite to eat at 12:30am but I suppose it depends on the age of the kids.

I'm sure some parents have stopped at a McDonalds late at night for their children after a long drive from somewhere, holiday etc

It's irrelevant really though, parents shouldn't need to avoid taking their children to a fast food place at certain times of the day so that they can avoid certain types of people.

I agree that if it was a homophobic over reaction that those staff members need to be dealt with i.e. cautioned, disciplined etc

And if the police officers did come out with those comments then they should also be punished, of all people they should know the law!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

If a man saw two stunning lesbians kissing then yes I'll agree the majority of males probably would stare in lust. The reason for this is quite obvious but no ones mentioned it; it's a very common male fantasy to imagine having sex with two women. The reason I mention this is because a male viewing two attractive lesbians kissing equates the scenario to a sexual desire/fantasy. I don't believe he see's it as a homosexual couple... However, if the two women were ugly then he would likely pull his face at the situation. Either way the man would notice this part of his day albeit for different reasons.

So, it's every man's fantasy to salivate and dribble over two stunning lesbians...who are totally disinterested in you and wouldn't touch you with a barge pole? Why do you have sexual desires and fantasies about something you hate and think is wrong? And sorry to point this out, but regardless of what some male equates that scenario to...they ARE lesbians whether pretty or not so pretty. It's gross to think of some male getting off watching homosexual women...haven't you got enough heterosexual women to fantasise and dribble over?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Originally posted by nau310d
Homosexuality is such a dirty and degenerate phenomenon. People today accept homosexuality because they have lost their moral standards. They don't know how human beings should behave anymore. If there truly is a God, do you really think he would accept homosexuality?

One doesn't need much thinking to understand that homosexuality is so unatural. Sex between male and a female has a function, to produce an offspring. When the penis penetrates the vagina, the purpose it to create an offspring. The function of the anus is not to be penetrated. Doesn't this show how unatural homosexuality is? If all of mankind would be homosexual, mankind would die out (not counting science).

If the decline of mankinds moral standards continues to fall like it has done the last 100 years, within 20 years pedophilia will be accepted. Nowadays some pedophiles say they are sexually attracted to children, they are trying to rationalize their evil and demonic behavious. Do you think that should be allowed too? Should that kind of so called "love" be allowed to exist?

[edit on 12-7-2009 by nau310d]

"The last 100 years"? Homosexuality has been around and documented from the beginnings of humankind. No, gays having sex with gays don't produce more gays. And so they should have died out. They don't multiply. They've been there in every race, every society in every generation. These people are not being recruited or corrupted into their sexual preferences. They'll likely always be a small percentage of the population. They're not choosing a difficult path just to screw with your concept of what is "natural".

We all know the birds and bees, you don't have to lecture. And no, there isn't a homosexual hating god. There's just you, a lurker, waiting to gay bash your way into heaven. I think you're guaranteed a special place.

Pedophiles are another story and maybe one day there will be real help for those people because that is not sexual attraction that is a power play. That is not consenting adults, that is not heterosexual or homosexual it is not sexual. That is simply abuse whether man on boy, man on girl, woman on girl or woman on boy.

Don't you realize that pedophiles today speak in exactly the same way about pedophilia just like homosexuals did about homosexuality 20 years ago? - nau310d

I was wondering who has been listening to pedophiles for the last 20 years. I feel at ease knowing you're on the job. Keep up the good work!

I think the point nau was trying to make is that even though homosexuality has been around thru history as you say, it is just now, in this present time, we are being asked to accept it as a "normal" part of society. If homosexuality is "normal" -- why has it taken the thousands of years you speak of for it to come out from the cover of darkness? Lots of things have happened throughout history, but they still remain in the recesses of unacceptable behavior. Why Now? Because as nau pointed out, we live in a society with very very decaying morals, we live in a "if it feels good do it" society, and not everything that feels good is necessarily good for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway

If a man saw two stunning lesbians kissing then yes I'll agree the majority of males probably would stare in lust. The reason for this is quite obvious but no ones mentioned it; it's a very common male fantasy to imagine having sex with two women. The reason I mention this is because a male viewing two attractive lesbians kissing equates the scenario to a sexual desire/fantasy. I don't believe he see's it as a homosexual couple... However, if the two women were ugly then he would likely pull his face at the situation. Either way the man would notice this part of his day albeit for different reasons.

So, it's every man's fantasy to salivate and dribble over two stunning lesbians...who are totally disinterested in you and wouldn't touch you with a barge pole? Why do you have sexual desires and fantasies about something you hate and think is wrong? And sorry to point this out, but regardless of what some male equates that scenario to...they ARE lesbians whether pretty or not so pretty. It's gross to think of some male getting off watching homosexual women...haven't you got enough heterosexual women to fantasise and dribble over?

Well I wouldn't say it was every man's fantasy but yes I would say it is for the majority of heterosexual men.

I completely understand the point your making, I was actually discussing this thread with a friend yesterday and we actually thought about a scenario that your describing.

Another male friend was in the pub one night and the conversation involved something regarding lesbians. My friend turned around and said something like "I'd do a pair of lesbians"

We responded and said that they wouldn't be interested in him, they were lesbians thus found other women attractive not men!

He didn't quite understand the concept...

That's what I was trying to point out in my original post. Men view an attractive pair of lesbians as sex objects in a fantasy, not actually as a lesbian couple.

I know its wrong but its the truth, ask the majority of heterosexual men about Gay's and usually you'll get a negative response, ask them have they ever thought of a threesome with two women and you'll get a positive response.

Let me point out that alot of men find two lesbians acceptable but not two queers - I think this stems from the fact that it isn't there gender, its the opposite.

The friend I was talking to yesterday, a women, told me that she would accept two gay men easily than she would two lesbians - again its the gender issue.

A question for any lesbian or gay; how do you feel when you see a heterosexual couple kissing?

[edit on 13/7/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm ok with with folks being gay. But I'm not ready for my kids to see two men kissing in public. Call me homo-phobic if you like.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'd just like to add a personal story that is relevant to the thread. I don't understand homosexuality and I think I'm correct in thinking there is any known scientific reason for its cause.

People talk about being born queer, well I had a friend from my childhood that I knew was gay - he didn't choose it, he was definately born that way.

He had a camp voice, used to play with all the girls in primary school but hardly with the lads, he was very touchy feeling and very feminine.

I remember he came to one of my birthday parties when I was younger (around 8 or 9) and when asked which desert he wanted he replied "that one there, with the little heart on it"

He wasn't a manly man or a stereotypical little boy, he was very girly.

I suspected he was gay from an early age, years later in my teens I see him at the local gym with a boyfriend.

Sure enough I had been right all along and he finally had the guts to come out with his secret.

So, even though I don't want to believe it or understand it I'm fairly certain its possible to be born gay.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ablue07
I'm ok with with folks being gay. But I'm not ready for my kids to see two men kissing in public. Call me homo-phobic if you like.

Me neither. As I said above I don't have a problem with people being gay, it only becomes a problem for me when it starts to affect my life.

It would affect my life if my children had to see two men OR two women kissing each other in public.

I would then have to explain why they were doing that.

Being gay isn't wrong but I'm scared that by explaining the definition of homosexuality to young children we are possibly swaying them to go that way themselves.

That is not fair in my opinion, their innocence regarding sexuality should be kept as long as possible.

I honestly cannot remember when I first learnt about homosexual relationships but I sure wasn't told by my parents.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Man and a woman kissing? That's natural. Two of the same sex kissing? Not natural. No, I wouldn't want my children watching two men OR two woman kissing. When they are older and know whats-what, not a big a deal, but to expose them to that before they do, I don't agree with this.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join