It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two gay men kicked out of Chico's Tacos restaurant for kissing

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by John Matrix

The article clearly states that the owners were out of town. Did you even read the entire article???

So did the five Gays get thrown out by a young female waitress?

Cool.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

You really didn't read up on the circumstances, eh??

From a restaurant review website:

Chico's Tacos
based on 141 reviews Rating Details »
Category: Mexican

4230 Alameda Ave
El Paso, TX 79905

(915) 533-0975

Add Photos Price Range: $ Accepts Credit Cards: No Parking: Private Lot Attire: Casual Good for Groups: No Good for Kids: No Takes Reservations: No Delivery: No Take-out: Yes Waiter Service: No Wheelchair Accessible: Yes Outdoor Seating: No Good for: Late Night Alcohol: None

SEE THAT?? "Waiter Service: No"

OH....adding, just saw this: "Good for Kids: No"

Oh, and it had barely 1 1/2 stars....it's a late-nite dive crappy 'Mexican Food' place, probably worse than 'Taco Bell'....but apparently has a staff of homophobes. Possibly the first question on their job application.....

[edit on 11 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Geez, do you have to be so picky. Someone had to wait on them, at least to take their money and hand them their food, and someone has to clean up after them.

I don't think they were thrown out for being Gay. I think they were thrown out for acting out in an offensive way in public.

This is my last comment here. Obviously the SuperModerator has red flagged me with another Mod and my posts are being targetted and removed. Therefore, since I value my membership here more than I value expressing my opinion about the Gays, I'm outta here.

Censorship wins again. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
I'm okay with people being gay, but come on. There's no need of them kissing in the middle of a restaurant.

I agree

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I found some HILARIOUS details about this 'chain' of 'restaurants'!!!

en.wikipedia.org...

Chico's Tacos is a small restaurant chain located in El Paso, Texas.

Founded on July 4, 1953 by boxing promoter Joe Mora, Chico's has entered into local legend for its rolled tacos, a special tomato soup-like sauce,
hmmmmm...sounds so yummy

as well as its low prices. Chico's Tacos has since expanded to five El Paso locations, primarily on the town's east side. Since Mr. Mora's 1992 death, the restaurants continue to be run by his surviving children.

skipping to funny parts -----

Chico's Tacos is held in high regard by many past and current residents of El Paso;
Well, no accounting for taste!

Jim Ward of rock band Sparta has been noted as a fan along with all the members of the 1990s metal band Pissing Razors.

Now THERE'S a vote of confidence!!!

...other famous Chico's Tacos fans include comedian Paul Rodriguez, members of boy band 'N Sync,...
!!

...Chico's Tacos is also known for its hotdog

which, unlike a traditional American hotdog, is served on a hamburger bun with two franks sliced in half lengthwise, topped with chili beans, mustard, and pickles.

Wow! Let's say we all charter a jet and have some orders delivered pronto!!

here's a linky to the picture:

en.wikipedia.org...:Chicos_Tacos_on_Alameda.JPG

"Clean up?" It's a fast-food dive, for Chrissakes!!! WITH the aforementioned homophobic security staff....

[edit on 11 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Darth Lumina,

I think you just got on the wrong plane and ended up at the wrong place,

let me clarify.
for simplicitys sake, Anti-social behaviour, is doing things with complete disregard for other people , offensive or even criminal, or just being a newsence

writing graffiti on somebodies wall is Anti-social
also playing loud music late at night is also considerd Anti-social.

so thats what I'm refering to. and to your statement of you dont give a f what other ppl think.

I never said being a homosexual was anti social,
Flaunting it in a public eating place when most people there WILL inevitably be offended IS !

No I don't like the idea of homosexuality, and theres nothing wrong with that view,

I accept thats what ppl choose to do, and thats ok with me.
how exactly is not liking the idea of homosexuality makes me a biggot?

I never went off topic once,

not liking the idea of gay's does not make me ignorant!

its just I don't like it myself, am I not entitled to that opinion?

I'm not saying they should not be gay or they should be rounded up and shot.

just keep there fetish away from the public.

if that does make me a biggot then I'm a PROUD one!!!!!!!

and will shout it from the roof tops.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
Well so they should,

So I'm sitting in this resteraunt with my kids enjoying a meal, and my 7 yr old son asks me why them two men are kissing?,
I have the right to not want my son to be subjected to that kind of behavour in public,

and if that did happen I would go over there and tell them myself.

they should show a little respect for others as no matter which way you look at it, its very inapropriate because I bet the majority of the people in that place would find it SICK!! and thats a fact.

No Trent (and I feel terrible having to refer to you as Trent considering NIN is one of my favorite bands and you are a bigot)

This post proves you are a bigot.

You sir are a bigot.

At least admit it instead of trying to deny it. Denial is more than just a river.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor

Again, with the protecting the children crap. The real problem you are having is not the psychological impact from it, it'll be the psychological impact you would be creating by demonizing it. Oh boo hoo, you actually have to explain something to your seven year old. Kids ask questions, get over it. I highly doubt you would actually get up and tell them anything, you'd probably complain to management or leave. I'm not gay or anything, but if i was kissing my woman, and some idiot told me to stop and leave, he/she would first be told what they could do with themselves and if they persisted, they'd be pressing charges against me for assault. It's just something I would do and I know many gays guys would do the same thing. Who cares if the majority of the people find what they is sick? Whatever other people think doesn't matter. I don't care with others think when I kiss and fondle my girlfrend in public. The find it sick, then my opinion of them remains, the can go F themselves. Simple as that. I said in another post and I'm going to say it again, people need to start minding their own damn business.

So you would quite happily get up and piss all over the floor whilst everyone is eating there dinner? as most ppl in there would find that sick....but oh, who cares what other ppl think they can go F themselves?

and NO! I wouldent let my son have to view that,

yeah kids ask questions,

would you do something if you and your son were sat next to two men constantly saying the F word? I shure would, or would you just sit there like a cabbage?
Most ppl wouldent care seeing a man and woman kissing in that situation

but most would be extreamly uncomfortable with two men..or two women.

BE CIVIL!
Saying who gives a f what other ppl think is just stupid,

Respect others.

I tell you WHO would give a f what ppl think,
Everybody appart from you in that resteraunt .

Also this post.

I sure hope your child does not grow up to carry the same prejudices with him.

Stop smearing the name of NIN and Trent you racist prejudice BAD PARENT!

Comparing Urine to a human being. How classy bro.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by John Matrix
However, I think it is more reasonable to assume that they got thrown out as a group due to the kissing, and very likely the argument that would very likely have resulted.....especially when you have a group of five facing off against one owner. So I think it is entirely reasonable that the five mouthed off and got thrown out together.

Do you go into threads often without knowing what you're talking about?

The five men, all gay, were placing their order at the Chico's Tacos restaurant on Montwood when the men kissed. All five sat down, but the two guards at the restaurant told them to leave.

Keep thinking, you might get it right eventually.

I know I said that I had made my last post on this thread, but I have to answer your question which you directed at me.

First, you use the word "threads"(plural). This is one thread. I read the OP, however, I confess I did not use the link and read the news report.

However, I have since done that and it appears there was an arguement between two security guards and five gays. I suggested it would be reasonable to assume there would have been an argument (mouthing off). My intuition was correct according to the news article because there was some arguing and insults being thrown around before the police arrived.

Note: they did not leave when asked, the police had to be called.

The report says the gay men accused the security officers calling them faggots (that's called hearsay). Nothing in the report provides evidence that they got thrown out for being Gay. At face value, they got thrown out for offensive behavior.

I'm also going to suggest that it is highly likely and reasonable to assume that this taco joint has warned people not to do this in the past, and that this situation was not an isolated incident. In other words, the men could very well have gone there to deliberately taunt and test the security staff on this issue. I admit I am speculating, but I have learned that things are not always what they appear to be, and I would not be surprised one bit if I am correct.

Note that they did not get asked to leave until they kissed. The security officers and staff may well have known that the men were Gay, but it was not until they openly practiced their Gayness that they got thrown out.

Now I ask you a question. Did you red flag me and get my posts removed?

Is that because my stand upsets you? Why are you nit picking me?

I'm obviously a minority here and I'm being ganged up on by numerous Gay advocates. Some using this forum as their bully pulpit. I lost count of the insults directed at me in this thread and I have not directly insulted anyone.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
The report says the gay men accused the security officers calling them faggots (that's called hearsay). Nothing in the report provides evidence that they got thrown out for being Gay. At face value, they got thrown out for offensive behavior.

I'm also going to suggest that it is highly likely and reasonable to assume...

So you cast off the words of the gays as hearsay but you're quite alright with your own "speculation". Uh huh.

Now I ask you a question. Did you red flag me and get my posts removed?

Not me mate, I've been out for the last few hours. Maybe you should reconsider what you are saying.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sheesh...

And in todays "similar" news:

Gay couple detained near Mormon plaza after kiss

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints said that the men became argumentative and refused to leave after being asked to stop their "inappropriate behavior." The men say they were targeted because they are gay.

Matt Aune said he and his partner, Derek Jones, were walking home from a concert nearby on Thursday night, cutting through the plaza near the Salt Lake City Mormon temple.

Aune, 28, said he gave Jones, 25, a hug and kiss and that the two were then approached by a security guard, who asked them to leave, telling them they were being inappropriate and that public displays of affection aren't allowed on the property. He said other guards arrived and the men were handcuffed.

Full Article:

rawstory.com...

Again, one must ask the question: Would these actions have occured if this was a HETEROSEXUAL couple in the same scenario?

[edit on 11-7-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I am going to have to disagree with you on this.

I used to have a pretty good Mormon buddy in the military who I spent a lot of time around who said that Public Displays of Affection are strictly forbidden in his church. The issue came up because the military is very anti PDA. We had either a three or five second rule for hugs and kisses.

This could just as easily be a religious issue against PDA in general rather than a gay issue. Although I might have to question the couple being put in handcuffs for kissing! Unless they were asked to leave the private church property and refused I can see no reason to handcuff someone for kissing!

I am not sure considering the amount of drama between world religions and Gay Lesbian Trans Gendered.

Lets get more data.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

OK, that's just completely inappropriate, rude and disrespectful! I'm sorry, but NO ONE has the right to be that disrespectful in a place of worship! SHAME ON THEM! TOTALLY NOT COOL!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

It wasn't IN a place of worship. It was outside in a plaza owned by the mormon church near a temple. Doesn't anyone ever read the links?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

I stand corrected. Damn dogs were acting like fools when I first read it. I still stand by my original opinion, however as they were on Church property and did refuse to leave. They knew where they were and how the Mormon Church is. Some are just trying to 'further' the movement, but they are just setting it back. They could have waited until they were off Church property, and they should have left when asked to do so.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Sorry, I didn't mean to snap. Just a little irritated after an entire thread where a lot had not read the link, did not know what they were arguing about and were making it up as they went along...lol
I agree...they should have just moved along and not argued the case. You have to choose your moments in life and not just provoke for the sake of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Exactly! This was neither the time or place for it. I would never act in such a way at someone's place of worship! It's just disrespectful. We can't expect others to respect us by being disrespectful.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I do have to say this presents the argument of if a privately owned restaurant who pays taxes does not have the right to discriminate or refuse to serve certain people based on skin color religion sex race or sexual preference...

What right does a tax exempt income tithing religious institution have to refuse to serve certain people based on skin color religion sex race or sexual preference?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Freedom of Religion. They have the right to conduct their places of worship in any manner they see fit. Can't ask for equal rights if you are not going to respect the rights of others.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

So all you have to do is say the word "Religion" and people are free to discriminate?

That sounds like a Dubba Standaghd if ya ask magh!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join