It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism in the NY State Legislature - Dems fire 200 on the basis of skin color

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This little blurb was buried in an article talking about the NY State Legislature. As far as I know, this has not gotten any publicity and it should have. Racism is racism. Political correctness at it's best because everyone knows that black people can't be racist, right?

ALBANY, I GIVE UP STATE GOVERNMENT HAS NEVER BEEN SO CLOWNISH, SO EVIL, SO IRRELEVANT

During the long years of Republican control, the all-white GOP "conference" would regularly bemoan its lack of diversity, and make extra efforts to recruit minority Senate candidates and hire minority staff.

During the first five months of this year, with the Senate under the control of its first African-American majority leader, Smith, top Democrats bemoaned the lack of minority Senate staffers.

But instead of trying to recruit new hires, they fired nearly 200 almost exclusively white workers and replaced them with a large number of minority employees, many of whom were seen by their fellow workers to be unskilled at their new jobs.

The move produced severe racial tensions, made worse by the fact that, as a high-level Democratic staffer confided, "We've been told to only hire minorities.''

[edit on 10/7/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow. Didn't they used to call this crime 'affirmative action?'

I know in my city, the white people are now the minority, officially. But there has been no effort to start any programs to assist the people of lighter color when it comes to finding jobs or starting businesses.

It sounds like a whine, but if you are a white male in this country, you are on your own. As far as most are concerned, SINCE you are a white male, you are responsible for everything that is wrong with the world.

I agree entirely that a candidate for a job should be hired based on qualifications, not skin color.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Racism alive and well in the USA and practiced by Democrats.

Diversity gets a big spotlight where I work as well, but when I hire for a position and no females or POC's (people of color) apply for the job what choice do I have?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I long for the day when people will be judged, not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

And relevant job qualifications.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Perhaps they should be focusing on getting those people skilled at doing those jobs instead of setting them up for failure.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I guess they missed the ruling on those New Haven firefighters? It's not okay to discriminate on the basis of race. Hmmm... I guess the whole .gov missed the message seeing as how AA hasnt been repealed.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Not surprised look at the White House and Capitol Hill prime examples of Affirmative Action in action soon we'll all be slaves literally. after the whole Firefighter stupidity her comes mass stupidity cubed from the government.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Perhaps they should be focusing on getting those people skilled at doing those jobs instead of setting them up for failure.

Perhaps they should be focused on hiring QUALIFIED applicants. Instead of focusing on hiring MINORITY applicants.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This isn't true black people are not racist they are just victims right?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I say we only hire blacks and hispanics for govt positions. Let them put their money where their mouths are and attempt to do a better job at running a country. Cant really see them doing a worse job honestly. And afterwards when we realize no skin color can do the job properly the Alien race will step forward and either free us or enslave us. And if the aliens cannot help the us then we drink the Kool-aid and ride to sweet bliss on the tail of a comet named Peter. But seriously, the tides of racism were bound to change eventually. Now we sit back and see how the afro-american handles sitting behind the wheel of the USS America.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This scenario has always made me scratch my head:

Republicans- Treat everyone equally and strive to keep the playing field level for all participants.

Democrats- Cater to certain racial groups and make sure the playing field is never equal for all groups.

Republicans= RACISTS! (obviously)

Democrats= The defenders of the defenseless! (as long as you are not white)

I know that I using logic here so that may confuse a lot of hard line lefties

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You people who seem to have a problem with blacks DISGUST me. I am married to a black women and have a mixed daughter and another kid on the way. Does that repulse you?

How DARE some of you use the puking icon thing when refering to black people. Shame on you. You are VILE.

But when it comes to the article in the OP, I agree, this is REDICULOUS!

[edit on 14-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
You people who seem to have a problem with blacks DISGUST me. I am married to a black women and have a mixed daughter and another kid on the way. Does that repulse you?

How DARE some of you use the puking icon thing when refering to black people. Shame on you. You are VILE.

But when it comes to the article in the OP, I agree, this is REDICULOUS!

[edit on 14-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

Nowhere to this point in the thread do I see people having a problem with blacks. The problem is discrimination!! Discrimination in any form is wrong!! Whether you discriminate toward a certaint race or discriminate against a certaint race. Have we not grown enough in this country,to hire people on ability or aptitude,instead of skin color?

P.S. didn't find a puke icon anywhere.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by daddyroo45]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I think you may have misinterpreted that. I think you were refering to this quote?

Originally posted by groingrinder
Perhaps they should be focused on hiring QUALIFIED applicants. Instead of focusing on hiring MINORITY applicants.

I read that as flaming the idea of focusing on hiring minority applicants and not on qualified one. I could be wrong of course but that's how I read it.

[edit on 15/7/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have a quote here that I think is relevant to the discussion. Actions like these are a direct result of the "work" of opportunistic, exploitative criminals like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. This was written by Booker T. Washington, a real civil rights worker.

There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs -- partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of race problem-solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public. --Booker T. Washington

In todays culture, a quote like this would never, ever see the light of day. When's the last time any of you have even seen that quote actually? The civil rights movement has been hijacked by people who see it as a game to "beat whitey", when, sadly, whitey has become so sensitive to race issues that no discussion can be had on the matter. Looking at you, liberals.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Though I question this given the source, I'll address it anyway.

Whites were not the only one's replaced. This aspect of the reported incident is glossed over, perhaps to incite a race issue. It seems this is more about wages than so-called "race." Less skilled or unskilled workers are often hired in order to pay them less. This happens all the time. It's about cutting costs so the top dogs can stay rich. These workers are disparately minorities who by necessity are willing to work more, for less.

I would like to know if ALL those hired were non-White, or all minorities, and if so, were they ALL non-White minorities. Further, if they were all non-White minorities, and they were hired to work for less, then that opens up the counter that economic disparity remains (deliberately and systematically so) skewed against non-white minorities by design.

It seems to me that there is a lot of work ahead of anyone wishing to assert that this was a racial discrimination issue against Whites.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by casiquespiritu]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If you're fired because of your race, that's wrong.

It becomes virtually undeniable if the new people hired are all of a different race.

The fired individuals need to get legal representation and charge racism and sue the pants off the leadership in power.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

That's not puke. That's a mad face snarling fire. That's why the emoticon is called "flame." Look at it again:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
If you're fired because of your race, that's wrong.

It becomes virtually undeniable if the new people hired are all of a different race.

The fired individuals need to get legal representation and charge racism and sue the pants off the leadership in power.

I'm not so sure about that. It seems more plausible to reason that it would be virtually undeniable if the people fired were all White. If the people hired for lower wages were all minorities, then that is an argument for wage discrimination against minorities, and the Whites (if they were all White, which they were not) become casualties of that unfair practice.

It seems to me thus far that this article is deliberately inciting a race issue, where non exists. This is about money, not race. Otherwise all those fired would have been White.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Please Stay On Topic

Please don't attempt to derail this thread by making false claims, inserting yourself into the discussion (hint: you are not the topic) and pressing ad hominem attacks.

If you disagree with the opinions of other members, feel free to debate them in a civil manner. Likewise, if you should note any violations of the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, please be sure to ALERT the offending post and bring it to our attention.

Tolerance of different points of view is necessary for participation on ATS, and Courtesy Is Mandatory.

Further posts by anyone that include attacks, harassment or abuse of other members will be subject to removal. Also, members who may be tempted to use racism as a foundation for discussion would be well-advised to read this:

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

The topic is controversial enough without gratuitous race-baiting. Let's please focus on it in a manner that may, hopefully, Deny Ignorance.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join