It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somali Islamist Hardliners Behead 7 `Spies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Religion and Government are not always a good thing.

Although, dispatching spies saves lots of court and incarceration costs.

Is there Habius Corpus in Somolia? Do the hardline Islamist rebels give any rights for defendants?

It seem not.

Source

Somalia's hardline Islamist rebels beheaded seven people on Friday for being "Christians" and "spies" in the latest imposition of strict sharia, Islamic law, by the al Qaeda-linked al Shabaab group, witnesses said.

Al Shabaab, which controls large tracts of south Somalia and parts of the capital Mogadishu, has carried out such executions before, but the beheadings on Friday were believed to be the largest number of killings at one time, Somalis say.

"Al Shabaab told us that they were beheaded for reasons they described as being Christian followers and spies," said one relative, who gave his name only as Aden, after the killings in the south-central town of Baidoa.

The group, which western security services say is a proxy for al Qaeda in Somalia, beheaded three people in the same region last month.

Well...
There you have it.
Christians, stay away from these guys and the tea venders as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
Christians, stay away from these guys and the tea venders as well.

Like any other accusation by these forces, the accusation of "Christianity" is very often based on no degree of evidence. It is a buzz word in areas dominated by militant Muslims, making it particularly useful for condemning an individual. One need not be a Christian to be accused of being one. With a bit of investigation, you'll find that Al Shabaab and their ilk continuously punish individuals for a vast swath of crimes, most of them arguably imagined by the terrorists themselves.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
As bad as my country is, I still thank god I live in a place like this. "Hardliners" like this one will never be taken on a serious level, on a global scale. They are acting like adolescent teenagers with a little bit of power. It seems all of these "hardliners" have a "execute all" mentality. If they would just sharpen the political spear, rather then the actual one, they might have a chance to be taken seriously. Rather then hunted down like animals and eventually wiped out and replaced by the next "hardliner."It's a very vicious cycle these group of extremists play. Extremism only sends a very short message these days. Of course, it can plant the seed for the next of kin.

I don't even think the message they go on about, is even that bad. If they would stop assosciating everything they do with torture,violence and very outdated politcal tact. They might actually have a chance to come up as a respectable belief,nation,clan or, whatever they are going for. I think that they have to realize they have to play the game as it is. Of course, that doesn't go without the necessary criticism of the "other" side of the fence. Just my two cents on "hardliners" in general. Update your gameplane, get taken seriously and evolve to the next step in the process.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by USMC-oorah]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The best way to fight a war is to get your enemy to kill there own people.

The Somali islamist seem very good at doing our work for us just like the taliban in pakistan.

The US drones have killed many high ranking taliban and AL Qaeda leaders in pakistan.

But the taliban are killing many more of there own people that they believe are spotters/spies for the US.
They don't understand the technology the US uses to track them and believe it must be spies inside they group that are spotting for the drones.

top topics

join