It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get your Pitchforks ready! AIG Prepares to Pay More Bonuses to Executives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yes people, once again AIG is at it, even with all the protest and outrage that their May bonuses while taking billions of tax payer money caused.

Yes, they are the one financial institution that had taken most of the bailout money.

And now they want to pay additional bonuses and still they have not pay back the bailout they took

So get the pitchforks ready.

AIG Prepares to Pay More Bonuses to Executives

American International Group is preparing to pay next week millions of dollars more in bonuses to dozens of corporate executives, a source familiar with the development said.

AIG [AIG 9.48 --- UNCH (0) ] has been talking with Washington's newly-appointed compensation czar Kenneth Feinberg about the bonuses, which are due to be paid on July 15, said the source.

The irony, I guess executives needs to get those relaxation treatments again in the million dollar spas

In total, U.S. taxpayer aid of up to $180 billion has been extended to the insurer that once claimed global dominance. The payments AIG is set to make next week were previously disclosed.

We the American people are so generous that we sacrifice our tax money so the AIG executives can maintain their lavish lifestyles.

After all the are the elite class we are the working class why are we complaining about.

www.cnbc.com...

Now don't get me wrong some of the executives returned some or all of the bonuses they took in May, after the outrage of the people

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
And this time the medias are silent?

I don't know I don't watch TV...but it seems to me that they are not screaming like they were back in the fall/winter.

Goldman Sachs also...record bonuses coming.

America is being looted by bankers...once again, with the president, congress and senate help.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Some of them might actually deserve the bonuses (well, as much as anyone "deserves" a million dollars for doing anything).

Many of the guys still working at AIG had nothing to do with the credit default swaps or the reason the company went bust. The guys that did have a hand in that have walked away rich as hell, and thanks to "deregulation," none of them technically did anything illegal.

The ones who are left are doing it purely as a favor, getting paid only $1.00 a year, along with a bonus promised to them by the guys in charge. They're only there to make the unwinding (bankruptcy) process smoother, which they aren't obligated to do. They're actually doing us a favor.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
We are in a recession and AIG was one of the biggest player on the down fall of the economy, as a favor to the tax payer the executives should say no to the any bonuses until the recession is over.

No, I don't mean that they should not deserve any, but when American hard working class is losing jobs and their American dream it seems like an irony that this over pay executives should be receiving anything until everybody in the nation is better financially also.

Hey can they wait? like many Americans are looking for the light at the end of the tunnel?

I think so, when things get better for all so the AIG executives then should have their bonuses back.

I am not asking for much, I am?.

top topics

join