It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Press Secretly Parties With Obama on Fourth of July

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Top Press Secretly Parties With Obama on Fourth of July

newsbusters.org

Reporters from roughly 30 television networks, newspapers, magazines, and web sites celebrated the Fourth of July with Barack Obama at the White House last weekend. Why didn't you know that? Because they were sworn to secrecy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

the White House gave tickets to virtually every major news organization that covers the president—the New York Times, Washington Post, Newsweek, Time, ABC News, NBC News, CNN, CBS News, and so on, about 30 in all. The reporters were invited to attend on the following condition:

"You are being invited to attend this event as a guest. Blogging, Twittering or otherwise reporting on this event is not permitted. If you feel that you cannot agree to abide by these ground rules, please don't claim a ticket."

The article makes the point that the same news agencies that were whining publicly last week about the Obama Administration controlling the press were the recipients of this prestigious event.

newsbusters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Sworn to secrecy? Oh ... that's funny! So much for TRANSPARENCY, change, hope and unity.
Was FOX invited to worship at the altar of Obama? No? Not surprised.

I would like to see another source on this but I'm wondering if we will be able to get one ... what with the alleged 'sworn to secrecy' thing and all.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It is one of the best kept secrets that the political “elite”, the press “elite”, the financial “elite” as well as the media/showbiz “elite” are almost all members of secret societies networks. The term “secret societies networks” derives from David Icke.

They’re having a lot of fun destroying this world. And they’ll have a fantastic party time while millions of people will suffer, starve, die.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by WonderfulWorld]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I bumping this because I want to hear what the late night crowd has to say.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What is the POINT? Why? Why have this kind of secrecy? What point does it serve? We have freedom of the press in this nation, it is the ONLY profession protected explicitly in the bill of rights, it is the only profession to be considered a right, this is a violation of that trust.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
As was pointed out in the ensuing discussion following the OP article, this is actually a common and time-tested practice. Locations were different, and possibly the organizations invited - I'm not sure anyone has researched that point. But Reagan had these very types of parties, as did Clinton, and both George and W.

I think this is possibly another red herring, but am keeping an open mind. Anybody have more facts?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Does it really matter anymore?

This country is too far gone for saving.

It's corporate owned media...what do you expect?

GD people...it's the corporations influencing the government...not the other way around.

So Obama doesn't have FOX's best interests at hand...except to when it has to do with ongoing war....hmm...i wonder why.

Funny how the other networks now don't speak out about the war anymore...hmmm.

I'm tired of the game.....we think we are playing but we are just spectators watching a pre-decided game.

Think about it. Remember kids little league? Remember the sponsors on their shirts?

Now think of Washington as a baseball field and politicians are the players.

See it?

top topics

join