It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guru Dialogues IX (Seeking, Reincarnation, Love)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Seeker – I am becoming frustrated by how long it is taking me to reach enlightenment. I am doing all the things you are saying I should do, or not do, and it’s just not happening.

Guru – You are trying to reach something which cannot be reached. There is no way to travel there. Stop travelling.

Seeker – I’m not enlightened now, and I want to be enlightened. There is movement required to go from one to the other.

Guru – On the contrary, no movement is required. In fact, even the thought of no movement and doing nothing should be jettisoned. The idea of travelling somewhere immediately takes you out of the present, which is where reality resides. Any movement somewhere, any process, any strategy, implies something moving forward. That thing which you imagine that you are moving forward is you, your ego. You cannot keep your ego and see reality.

Seeker – I had another question that is kind of related. I’ve read a few spiritual books in the theosophical tradition. These are books that say that there are levels of existence, dimensions, other realities of greater and lesser density where greater and lesser enlightened beings reside. These books say that there is a movement through incarnations up through levels of greater and greater spiritual maturity. What do you say about that?

Guru – There are an infinite variety of manifestations to suit an infinite variety of consciousnesses. But why be concerned about other realities when you are still not aware of your true nature- first things first.

Seeker – Is there reincarnation?

Guru – Each life is one frame in the film of your manifestation. The show goes on as long as you require it to. The “you” is the lynchpin. All of these experiences are pointing you towards self realization and a willing giving up of the old “I.” The I is an obstruction. Wake up to your true nature, free yourself of the baggage of ego and allow the presence, the always here and the always now, to fill you. The simplicity of it will be as astounding as the depth of love which you will feel and be. This is your true nature. This is the clean canvass of your being upon which you can paint an authentic and realized life manifestation. This would be a gift to the universe.

Seeker – God, how did the ego get so entrenched?

Guru – That the ego is entrenched is a concept, and a particularly blocking one. You make it so by thinking it. It only has the power which you give it. The seeker first recognizes the ego and then attempts to obliterate it. Next, the realization comes that the ego is not something which can be fought against, since it thrives on conflict. Separation is the nucleus of conflict. Finally, the seeker realizes that the ego is not real, and they themselves fade away. The seeker disappears. This is a great blessing.

The seeker feels the mind is needed to function in a moral way. The fear is that without an active ego and vigilant mind, the inner animal nature of the human will arise and do harm. The so called “Id.” In reality, the Id is as illusory as the ego. You need neither of them to love and live in a complete way with the world around you.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
For once, I wish that I could star and flag more than once.

This is also the only post I have ever printed.

Damn.......

edit because I forgot to say Thank-You.

[edit on 7/10/2009 by tribewilder]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

I'm glad you found it useful. It sounds like you have realized.

Best to you.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Everything before the seperation of a nucleus w.e makes sense to me, but anything after that was like what????

Please explain it over, preferably dumbed down a bit.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
For once, I wish that I could star and flag more than once.

This is also the only post I have ever printed.

Damn.......

edit because I forgot to say Thank-You.

[edit on 7/10/2009 by tribewilder]

It seems like you and me have alot in common, but in another thread you talk of your belief (forgiveness thread) about this rule of "one" no good or bad w.e it entitles. My question to you or any like minded person who may read this is, what brought u to that conclusion?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

Hi...the realtionship to ego-mind changes:

At first we are unaware of it. We are lost in our thoughts and in the idea of our separation from the world. This is a mental land of concepts.

If we begin to look at our thoughts a bit, we may realize that we are actually not our egos or our thoughts (all of the collective noise in our consciousness). Therefore someone can say: "I don't feel like myself today." Or, "I don't like myself anymore." Who is the I and who is the myself. Are we two people? Obviously in some fundamental way our ego-mind is not who we are. From there, we may try to eliminate the ego-mind by supressing it: by throwing up an opposing thought every time our ego-minds generate a thought that we feel is unenlightened. This is a battle that can go on for a long time. (The realization eventually comes that there is no such thing as an enlightened thought and no such thing as enlightenment)

Eventually, we may grow tired of the struggle against the ego-mind. Opposition to the ego-mind cannot eliminate it, since the ego-mind thrives on opposition. In a fundamental way, the ego-mind actually is oposition. The ego-mind IS division. So we may then realize that to oppose the ego-mind is to strengethen it and drive ourselves crazy. We realize the separation (separating one thing, one concept from another) is what the ego-mind is all about.

Finally we see through the mirage that is the ego-mind. At this point the ego itself becomes like so much wind and dust. When I say that we dissapear at this point I mean the question and the questioner are gone. What is left. Find out.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I always find these useful. Where do they come from? I want to find out more about a previous one you posted. U2U me I guess.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Hi Nventual. I've sent you a U2U.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
All these threads have the same undertone, which is to "let go" and all will make sense, yes? That as humans we like to place everything into a box, to limit it. The key is to remove that box?
I'm sometimes worried that "letting go" will bring bad to myself, not good - why is this?

[edit on 13/7/09 by Nventual]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I responded to your U2U. Feel free to ask any other questions if my answer is not clear. You asked me where the dialogues come from. Outside the mind. You have access as much as I do.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Silenceisall]

new topics

top topics

join