It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Factors of The Fall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I was just wondering if people would make a guess as to the possible economic or social factors that will throw the United States into the final tailspin of collapse. There are many to choose from. I think it will be a combination of several over a few days. People will realize that nothing is going to work, and then a panic will perhaps start.

Any thoughts on this??

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

You said it right there.

As soon as people wake up and realise that nothing is going to work, a panic will spread. And panic will be the end of us.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I say it will be a fake ufo invasion. It is also possible that zombies will appear.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I say it will be a fake ufo invasion. It is also possible that zombies will appear.

Zombies are already here, they prefer to be called the general public though. As for a fake ufo invasion, i still don't understand how they can pull that off and get away with it afterwords.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
We're gonna need a trigger some major event...otherwise the sheep will continue their mindless march in blissful obviation... So what will it take? we're just now coming into hurricane season... Miami being evacuated would do... how about a another big heat wave making the power grids go down, that works too... Here in September the Mexican Army will retreat from the border. a resurgence of the drug war spilling into the south west could do it... another 1,000 point market crash would certainly do it

The thing is were so fragile right now it would only need a little push. that last straw... we could see that as soon as this fall BTW Later today we'll get another report on how many banks failed. the last one had seven on the list, if we get more than that who knows it could start this weekend

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Watch California....

second ______________________________________________________

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It is very difficult to predict - very few predictions come true. California is a BIG problem and it won't just fix itself. I am not sure it would be a single event - although that is possible - but rather a gradual decay of our society. I think the govt will keep it propped up as long as possible so we could move into 2010 - but at some point ALL of the states are going to need bailouts as well as the local governments that provide the services we use on a daily basis. It is when those services begin to disappear that people will really begin panicking.

I do not really want to be pesimistic - but I just see nothing in the economic future that looks promising. Some good may come out of all this - but certainly there will be an awful lot of pain too. I think that the experience will be different depending on who you are, where you are and what your situation is. Some will profit from this (as terrible as that sounds), some will suffer greatly and quietly.

I was in DC on work not long ago and saw a young man and woman sleeping in a doorway early one morning - they had their arms around each other. It absolutely broke my heart. It is an image I will never forget as long as I live. We cannot allow this to happen to our society - so many throughout our history gave their lives so that this wouldn't become our futures. Now Obama is giving bonuses to AIG executives who cost taxpayers billions - unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The change that is coming is NEEDED....as in, it NEEDS to happen..and is occurring as a direct result of our reckless, irresponsible and unsustainable lifestyles....We are simply falling back to equilibrium and it would have been a much easier process, had the PTB let it happen naturally over the late nineties into 2002....But they pulled some strings and propped up a falling house of cards....and we're gonna pay 10 -fold for their folly over the foreseeable future..

This transition will be most painful for those who are inspired by materialism, those whose primary love is money, and those whose sole source of survival is government handouts..

Do not fear the inevitable, embrace it and prosper in it!!

join