It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Photo That Sold Global Warming To The World Was A Hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Australian TV Exposes 'Stranded Polar Bear' Global Warming Hoax

Its a shame that this will be swept under the carpet like everything else.. The photo that sold global warming to the world is a hoax..

Remember that wonderful picture of stranded polar bears on an ice floe that were used by folks like soon-to-be-Dr. Al Gore to demonstrate how dire the man-made global warming issue is? Well, ABC television in Australia, on a show called “Media Watch,” recently debunked the entire issue

VIDEO HERE: www.abc.net.au...

"It turns out -- as NewBuster Jake Gontesky reported on March 20 -- the picture was taken in August, “when every year the fringes of the Arctic ice cap melt regardless of the wider effects of global warming.”"

"The photographer, Australian marine biology student Amanda Byrd, didn’t think the bears were in any jeopardy."

newsbusters.org...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10 Jul 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The bears were probably trying to hitch a ride to someplace warmer.

2nd Line: I thought it was common knowledge this picture was misrepresented?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Can't say I've even seen the picture before. But in any case it's not a hoax. It's a genuine picture.

It was just used disingenuously to illustrate a point. Much like the infamous Upsala glacier pictures were.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Yup Media Watch is a great watch.

I started a thread not long ago, praising their journalistic prowess:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was going to say that I thought I heard this some time ago

It turns out it was 2 years ago

[edit on 10/7/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The whole global warming due to humanity is a hoax. Why wouldn't their supporting documents be?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
One good step to take against all the global warming nonsense would be, if
we strand Al Gore out on one of those icebergs .... the guy is one of the biggest con artists in history. The nobel peace prize, to me, will forever be a sham because of him. What a joke.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sh*t Happens!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Polar bears are excellent swimmers, they would not be stranded and could swim off at anytime. Its not like they fell asleep and woke up stranded on a ice float 100's of miles away from land.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied

Its a shame that this will be swept under the carpet like everything else.. The photo that sold global warming to the world is a hoax..

Remember that wonderful picture of stranded polar bears on an ice floe that were used by folks like soon-to-be-Dr. Al Gore to demonstrate how dire the man-made global warming issue is? Well, ABC television in Australia, on a show called “Media Watch,” recently debunked the entire issue

That really is a dreadful picture. The photo quality is atrocious and there is nothing even suggestive; it is just an awful picture. Please tell me that this is a joke, that you found a random picture on the net and linked it to the origin of global warming! That image looks so fake...I cannot comprehend how anybody could even think to use this as proof.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

I'm not surprised, but I don't think this photo single-handedly sold the man-made warming hoax. For me it was the CO2 Graph showing the temperature and the amount of CO2 and they wrongly attached cause and effect saying the CO2 was causing the heat. Did they think for a moment that the heat was causing the CO2?

Here's how it works, when it gets hotter life actually thrives far better because you don't have lifeforms freezing to death come Winter time and most life produces Carbon Dioxide as a bi-product, everything from us humans to bacteria (bacteria are notorious for living in the heat). Gore and his gang made a rookie mistake by wrongfully assigning cause and effect to their data...

Now the Climate Change issue is in the hands of the Elite and their Media slaves and they can shift public opinion and twist data to get whatever they want...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Did anyone notice it is 84 degrees in the north pole today?
second line

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
just look at the cute polar bears, no wonder it made a false thought to people about global warming.See you need something cute adorable cudily to effect people if that was a picture of something ugly like a crab or a hippo trying to think of why a hippo would be in the artic but i hope you fellas see my point.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Not surprised. It's just like the photo that he had of the ice shelves in Iceland that was taken from the 1930's showing a large amount of frozen area, and then the one taken a few years ago, showing how everything there was melting, and a lot of water, etc.. well the one taken in 1930 was taken in WINTER when the other was taken in JULY, as proven when a scientist went to the SAME location in summer and in winter, and took a picture, when the summer matched the G.W. damaged area, yet the one taken in the same year that winter matched the one taken in the 1930's. Gore should be imprisoned for what he has done. Lying to the world, causing increases in taxing and dumping millions of wasted tax dollars into research to combat something that doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied

That really is a dreadful picture. The photo quality is atrocious and there is nothing even suggestive; it is just an awful picture. Please tell me that this is a joke, that you found a random picture on the net and linked it to the origin of global warming! That image looks so fake...I cannot comprehend how anybody could even think to use this as proof.

What are you talking about? That picture is absolutely real, and it was used by the Global Warming community to get people emotionally involved.

It was taken by some student on some expedition, the only thing that's not mentioned is that the photo is cropped to not show the ice sheet really close by that the polar bears could spit onto its so close.

Not to mention that even if that chunk of ice were a mile from the main ice sheet, it wouldn't matter, polar bears are professional swimmers it's what they do.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You know, also, i would like to know how those polar bears got to the top of that melting ice shelf, and how they are still standing on top of it, with their weight, I don't know. It just doesn't even look real

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is great. I was disputing some Warming Sheep just the other day and they honestly said something like, "but the polar bears man..." No joke- bleeding hearts, poor vision, and no brains means we'll all have a sh**y x-mas. To me, these are the same people who discounted Ron Paul because "he's not pro-choice."

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Here's a more appropriate pic for ya

[edit on 16-7-2009 by deadoralive]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

What are you talking about? That picture is absolutely real, and it was used by the Global Warming community to get people emotionally involved.

It was taken by some student on some expedition, the only thing that's not mentioned is that the photo is cropped to not show the ice sheet really close by that the polar bears could spit onto its so close.

Not to mention that even if that chunk of ice were a mile from the main ice sheet, it wouldn't matter, polar bears are professional swimmers it's what they do.

Are you telling me that the photo in the OP does not look at all suspicious to you? Look at the texture of the sea. Look at the strange size disproportion of the two polar bears. Look at how the outlines of the disintegrating glacier do not blend in with the rest of the picture.

I cannot prove this photo is a fake. Using my own abilities of perception, I find that the picture is either of extremely poor quality (how convenient for a picture that forms the backbone of the Global Warming debate hey?) or has been doctored and is a fake. Logic and reason tell me that the latter is probably closer to the truth.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdatreefrog
Did anyone notice it is 84 degrees in the north pole today?
second line

Please back that up....... Looks to be around freezing to me.

psc.apl.washington.edu...

[edit on 15-7-2009 by pavil]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
More propaganda just released on CNN?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join