It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Browns Found Guilty Of Weapons, Conspiracy Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Remember this guy? He was in the news, and there were active threads on him in the recent past.

Well, his trial concluded yesterday, and he was found guilty on all charges of weapons and conspiracy. He may now face the rest of his life in prison.

www.wmur.com...

Jurors deliberated for about three hours Wednesday evening and for half of the day Thursday before returning their verdict. There was no reaction from the Browns, but they refused to stand when the judge and jury left the courtroom.

Sentencing is scheduled for Sept. 3. Ed Brown was convicted of 11 charges, while Elaine Brown was convicted of 10 charges. They could be imprisoned for the rest of their lives.

Was it worth it?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Was it worth it?

I dont know much about Elaine since she isnt as vocal as Ed but your question all depends on your perspective.

Ed probably thinks he has won due to all the coverage and support he has gotten. He sees this government as fraudulent and right now believes he is a prisoner of war. Taken by a tyrant wishing to make an "example of."

From the governments perspective was it worth the millions of dollars spent and hundreds of man hours exhausted to invade a small New Hampshire town to collect back taxes? Well, fiscally, no. It was an immense waste. Not as wasteful as this bailout garbage but wasteful nonetheless. Cost aside, having successfully made an example of and, if local oped's are any indication, successfully reinforced the notion of taxation being needed to raise the Sun and bring the rain in the minds of imbeciles the government most likely feels like the new god-king it has been claiming to be these past 60 or so years and the tyrannical extortion that is taxation was brought back to the forefront.

In the end the rift was just made deeper between the freemen and the slaves and for an awful lot of people old wounds from the Ridge and Waco were opened back up.

One step closer to exploding. Winners and losers all around. Just a matter of perspective.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So, the King's court has succeeded in imprisoning the misbehaving serfs. How quaint! And in its usual rush to control the freedom of thought, they have also succeeded in reprogramming the sheeple to believe that government sponsored extortion... er, taxation is a good thing.

As a fan of history, I am pleased to remember stories of these same angry serfs storming the castle with pitchforks and torches and setting the place ablaze while lynching the royals.

I fear that we are once again repeating the lessons that history has already taught us. What a shame!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This would have been a good time for jury nullification and send a message to govt that we will acquit anti-govt activists even when they're guilty.

I still support Ed, but not like i used to. How could he let himself be arrested so easily? Hard to support a dummy.

join