It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla: The Forgotten Mysteries

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+125 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I was inspired to do this write up here for ATS after today; Nikola Tesla’s birthday was displayed on Google.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I also know there are a lot of Tesla fans here on ATS, so this one’s for you, let us hope we attract more members to this topic.

Nikola Tesla, the Serbian born inventor is labelled by today’s society as a mad scientist, others label him as nobody important hence his lack of recognition in text books and history, others see him for what he truly was, THE inventor of the 20th century, possibly even of the 21st, the man we owe so much too but yet know very little about. There is much mystery surrounding this fact, Tesla’s countless inventions of limitless, free energy, or zero-point energy. Could this be a reason why we don’t study him, why we don’t hear about him, why what he discovered is well known to have been stolen and suppressed by the full-power of the US government.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2521ea240147.jpg[/atsimg]

Introduction

Before we get to the mysteries and the conspiracies, you need to get inside this man’s head, what better way than to quote him.

'Impossible as it seemed, the planet, despite its vast extent, behaves like a conductor of limited dimensions. The tremendous significance to this fact in the transmission of energy in my system had already become quite clear to me. Not only was it possible to send telegraphic messages to any distance without wires, as I recognized long ago, but also to impress on the entire globe the faint modulation of the human voice. Far more significant is the ability to transmit power in unlimited amounts to almost any terrestrial distance and without loss.'

'My invention requires a large plant, but once it is established, it will be possible to destroy anything, men or machines, approaching within a radius of 200 miles. It will, so to speak, provide a wall of power offering an insuperable obstacle against any effective aggression.'

'In Budapest, I could hear the ticking of a watch with 3 rooms between me and the timepiece. A fly alighting on a table in the room would cause a dull thud in my ear. A carriage passing at a distance of a few miles fairly shook my whole body. The whistle of a locomotive 20 or 30 miles away made the bench or chair on which I sat vibrate so strongly that the pain was unbearable. The ground under my feet trembled continuously...'

'They laughed in 1896, too when I told them about the cosmic ray. They jeered 35 years ago when I discovered the rotating field principle of alternating currents. They called me crazy when I predicted the radio. And when I sent the first impulse around the world, they said it couldn't be done.'

Body

The Kansas City Journal-Post ran this headline on September 10, 1933:

TREMENDOUS NEW POWER SOON TO BE UNLEASHED with the subtitle: Nikola Tesla, Starting His 78th Year, Works on Revolutionary Power Project and Also Is Completing Process for Photographing Thought.

The following are quotes from this newspaper:

'Several of these inventions or discoveries will be looked upon as 'miracles' by many people, for Mr. Tesla has long been a scientist years ahead of his time, one whose advanced theories have alternately stamped him a 'madman' and a wizard. Just as people ridiculed Copernicus' theory of the planetary system, the unenlightened jeered Tesla's pronouncement, years ago regarding cosmic rays.

The pathfinder and the pioneer - and Mr. Tesla is both - are always condemned by the masses.' 'Mr. Tesla is the father of the alternating system of power transmission and radio, the induction motor and Tesla coil.

Asked about his startling new scientific discoveries, one of which concerns the 'photographing of thought,' which will, he maintains, bring about a tremendous social revolution, he said: 'My first and most important discovery concerns the harnessing of a new source of power, hitherto unavailable, to be developed through fundamentally novel machines of my invention.'

It was Tesla, not Edison who invented the poly-phase alternators that power the world we live in today, and it was Tesla who was eventually awarded Marconi’s wireless patents, after they were both dead. Tesla had contributed well over 1200 patents, of which 200 are being used to this day. If you ask most people, they would know or would have heard of a Tesla coil without knowing about Nikola Tesla, but how many people, how many people would answer if you asked them about the wireless electrical transfer of energy prior to 1900?

John O'Neill, author of Prodigal Genius, describes Tesla's New York lab as: '...seemingly unearthly forces that with invisible fingers set objects whirling, caused globes and tubes of various shapes to glow resplendently in unfamliar colors...transplanting the darkened room into one crackling with hissing sheets of flame which issued from monstrous coils.'

In 1901, when Marconi received world acclaim for sending a few 'clicks' across the Atlantic Ocean...Tesla had already developed and began construction of his Radio City. This tower 'Wardenclyffe' would have been able to transmit reproductions of photographic pictures (TV), news service, music, navigation service for ships and much more information which could be received anywhere in the world. (Tesla planned to contact Venus and Mars with his World Wireless!)

Marconi literally stole the idea of radio right out of Tesla's lab. Marconi almost got away with it; Tesla was slow to capitalize on radio because he was so consumed with wireless principles applied to electricity.

uforeview.tripod.com...

Google Video Link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a72ee554cd99.jpg[/atsimg]

mod edit, to fix "ex" code

[edit on 10-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 10/7/2009 by serbsta]

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The Forgotten Time Travel Experiments

In 1895, while conducting research with his step-up transformer, Nikola Tesla had his first indications that time and space could be influenced by using highly charged, rotating magnetic fields. Part of this revelation came about from Tesla's experimentation with radio frequencies and the transmission of electrical energy through the atmosphere.

Tesla's simple discovery would, years later, lead to the infamous Philadelphia Experiment and the Montauk time travel projects. But even before these highly top-secret military programs came about, Tesla made some fascinating discoveries on the nature of time and the real possibilities of time travel.

With these experiments in high-voltage electricity and magnetic fields, Tesla discovered that time and space could be breached, or warped, creating a "doorway" that could lead to other time frames. But with this monumental discovery, Tesla also discovered, through personal experience, the very real dangers inherent with time travel.

Tesla's first brush with time travel came in March 1895. A reporter for the New York Herald wrote on March 13 that he came across the inventor in a small café, looking shaken after being hit by 3.5 million volts, "I am afraid," said Tesla, "that you won't find me a pleasant companion tonight. The fact is I was almost killed today.

The spark jumped three feet through the air and struck me here on the right shoulder. If my assistant had not turned off the current instantly in might have been the end of me."

Tesla, on contact with the resonating electromagnetic charge, found himself outside his time-frame reference. He reported that he could see the immediate past - present and future, all at once.

But he was paralyzed within the electromagnetic field, unable to help himself. His assistant, by turning off the current, released Tesla before any permanent damage was done. A repeat of this very incident would occur years later during the Philadelphia Experiment. Unfortunately, the sailors involved were left outside their time-frame reference for too long with disastrous results.

Tesla's secret time travel experiments would continue on in the hands of others who were not as concerned with humanity as Tesla.

We are left with rumors and speculations on who may have become the heirs of Tesla's research -- hopefully, someday these secrets will be revealed once and for all.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af43e124e822.jpg[/atsimg]

While Wardenclyffe was the epitome of Tesla's dreams, there were numerous other mysterious devices he invented which are unknown to many. During World War 2, Tesla wrote a letter to the US congress describing to them a energy beam weapon he invented which could end the war.

He also invented a oscillating device which he claimed could split the Earth in two using special sonic vibrations.

And this is only the tip of the iceberg. What is strange enough is that while the US government ignored Tesla during World War 2, immediately after his death on January 7, 1943, FBI agents stormed Tesla's residence and confiscated many of his belongings and documents. J Edgar Hoover described Tesla's documents and notes as "most secret."

Exactly what those documents contained is unknown, but it is obvious that if the FBI would take the time to raid his apartment, there was information Tesla had that the FBI did not want falling into the wrong hands.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa87ae4d05cd.gif[/atsimg]
*FBI file about the event.

One document states that "[he] is reported to have some 80 trunks in different places containing transcripts and plans having to do with his experiments". Charlotte Muzar reported that there were several "missing" papers and property.

-----------------------------------------------

I really dont have enough time to get into more detail. There are just too many secrets surrounding Tesla's work and the US governments acquistition of it after his death. Ah well... who knows what they've used it for now, what work they've done of it. The only thing that angers is me is that today's children don't read his name in textbooks, they see the names of Edison.

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.”

Indeed it is Mr. Tesla

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread, great work - I find Tesla an extremely interesting character and a man whom I am keen to learn more of. I'll look forward to this thread developing.

One thing that struck me as I read through was that there is mention of Tesla's assistants. Is there much known of who they are? Did they ever kiss and tell? Is there a possibility that any of their relatives might know a bit more about the man?

Thanks again

Regards

berth

(s+f)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Great post!

I thought I'd add this tidbit regarding the genius.

In 1930, Nikola Tesla asked his nephew, Petar Savo, who was born in Yugoslavia in 1899, to come to New York. Petar was 43 years younger than his uncle. Up to that date he had lived under stringent conditions in Yugoslavia, Tesla's country of birth. During the summer of 1931, Tesla took his nephew to Buffalo to unveil and test a new automobile. Tesla had developed it with his own personal funds.

It was a Pierce Arrow, one of the luxury cars of the period. The engine had been removed, leaving the clutch, gearbox and transmission to the rear wheels undisturbed. The gasoline engine had been replaced with a round, completely enclosed electric motor of approximately 1m in length and 65cm in diameter, with a cooling fan in front. Reputedly, it has no distributor. Tesla was not willing to say who had manufactured the engine. It was possibly one of the divisions of Westinghouse.

The "energy receiver" (gravitational energy converter) had been built by Tesla himself. The dimensions of the converter housing were approximately 60 x 25 x 15cm. It was installed in front of the dashboard. Among other things, the converter contained 12 vacuum tubes, of which three were of the 70-L-7 type. A heavy antenna approximately 1.8 meters long, came out of the converter. This antenna apparently had the same function as that on the Moray converter (see chapter on Radiant Energy). Furthermore, two thick rods protruded approximately 10cm from the converter housing.

Tesla pushed them in saying "Now we have power." The motor achieved a maximum of 1800rpm. Tesla said it was fairly hot when operating, and therefore a cooling fan was required. For the rest, he said there was enough power in the converter to illuminate an entire house, besides running the car engine. The car was tested for a week, reaching a top speed of 90 miles per hour effortlessly. Its performance data were at least comparable to those of an automobile using gasoline. At a stop sign, a passerby remarked that there were no exhaust gasses coming from the exhaust pipe. Petar answered "We have no motor." The car was kept on a farm, perhaps 20 miles outside of Buffalo, not far from Niagara Falls.

A few months after this automobile test, and because of the economic crisis at the time, Pierce Arrow had to stop production. It is very likely that the interconnection between the electric motor and the transmission had been performed there. Pierce Arrow's tools were taken over by Studebaker, in South Bend. Not quite 30 years later, that company also vanished to form American Motors, jointly with Nash. Later, some of its fans attempted to resuscitate the Pierce Arrow. Unfortunately, they were not successful.

Thus, today that company's name is in a mausoleum, together with others, such as Horch, Maybach, Hispano-Suiza, Bugatti and Isotta Fraschini.

www.waterpoweredcar.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by badBERTHA

One thing that struck me as I read through was that there is mention of Tesla's assistants. Is there much known of who they are? Did they ever kiss and tell? Is there a possibility that any of their relatives might know a bit more about the man?

(s+f)

There are too many mysteries surrounding possible family and friends. But one name sticks out above all of them.

Arthur Matthews.

Arthur Matthews was the last man to have worked hand-to-hand with Tesla. The master Jedi is said to have given the young apprentice all of his secrets. Matthews was not in the public eye. He lived in a rural area of Lake Beauport, Quebec, Canada. Over the years, curiousity-seekers to government agents have made the trek to Canada to tap Matthews for information. They would ask how to build the Magnifying Transmitter. Arthur would always say that the answers are in Tesla's patents, lectures and articles.

farshores.org...

Check that link for more information, but ill let this image speak for itself.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/725fcda90adf.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
That pic you posted is just
A bit freeky.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Tesla! A true genius.

I remember when studying A Level Physics about 2 and a half years ago we looked at Tesla. Theres an SI unit called the Tesla, represented by the letter T, although it now escapes me what it is a unit of..

however, our lecturer was one of them people who you could tell actually cared about teaching his students 'useful' things. He did a big presentation on Tesla and his work, his parallels with Marconi, and most interestingly, Tesla's achievements of wireless power, free energy and how he 'invented' TV long before it really was.

I was pretty astounded by some of the things we were being told - and I couldn't believe it had been covered up like it had. Nobody else seemed interested in anything more than getting out the room and going for a panini and a coffee. Everyone left the lesson and forgot about it. Except me - who did some more reading up on things like Tesla coils, and the possibility of warping the space/time fabric - however, I was in way above my head and had to leave it, not really understading the physics behind it, but knowing what is possible - and learning that people more motivated by money wouldn't think for a second about allowing anything out that could break their stranglehold over the world.
Thinking about it, thats when I first started to realise that nothing is as it seems.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Its really sad that one of the greatest minds in our history is forgotten and not ever talked about in school. That's what happens when the gov. Need you to be silent about what you no. And act as if he never existed. If the world new about his inventions the would be a much b better place. It seems to me evil triumphs over good?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Yes Nice reminder about Tesla and shame that a select few with power can do such things to a great mind .. been awhile since i touched up on tesla thxs for the update

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
A well done thread about this past century's greatest unknown genuis.Its probobly no accident that Tesla has been omitted from the history books as many of his inventions did(and may still)have definite military uses.T.P.T.B. might have to explain what became of his stolen work by the F.B.I.if he had been famous like Edison.S/F!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

Thats very interesting that your lecturer did that. Thumbs up to him.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hey - this is absolutely fascinating! Why am I not aware of this stuff? Not sure that I agree with it all (especially the beam touching him which then made him aware of the past, present and future - that sounds like bad sci-fi. What - could the beam communicate directly with his brain?!? But I digress.....)

I'd love to read more. Any suggestions. In particular - the Philadelphia Experiment thing intrigues me. What heppened to the sailors you mentioned?

John

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Excellent post. Starred and flagged.

Hoping Tesla will in time get the proper recognition he deserves.

Nice work with the post.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
F'd and the S.

Terrific thread about one of the greatest unrecognized minds of the 20th century. Tesla's theories and inventions were so far ahead of their time. To me the conspiracy to suppress his legacy by those in the "good 'ole boy's club" (General Electric) is very apparent in the fact that there hasn't been a Hollywood movie made about his mysterious life.

Truly a great man and an even greater mind.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hello,

Thank you for this thread.
Tesla fan here (well, budding Tesla fan).

S+F

Can anyone recommend a book on Tesla that is along the same lines as this thread? (i.e. is written about the mysteries that Tesla invented as well as the normal stuff).

Cheers

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
hi Millions,

From what I understand n the Philadelphia project, the ship did disappear and re-appear somewhere else I think, or it re-appeared where it was. But some of the sailors got stuck in the metal fraework of this ship. Meaning some of them appeared back in the walls as half in half out, but not as funny as it sounds I bet...

Crazy the stuff that goes on. I wish sometimes that I was so clever I could get involved with these projects, but I think sometimes too that the more I knew the worse it would be to live a normal life, especially with a family.

Excellent subject though.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
fantastic thread

ive only ever heard the name ''tesla'' on here before but never thought much more about it,but this is some real good info so thankyou very much.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
To great men, go great remembrance, JP Morgan and Thomas Edison can rot in hell.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Although there is no Hollywood movie, there are a couple of films available on DVD from UFO TV of Venice California. One is a motion picture starring Orson Welles as JP Morgan, and made in Zagreb, the other is simply a documentary. Email ; [email protected]
Tesla has been one of my heroes for many years, I only wish that I were smart enough to understand more of his work.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Hi george/
-Nikola Tesla - Prodigal Genius Biography of Nikola Tesla...

www.scribd.com...

My computer is playing up,so I just posted the web page.

www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

Hope that helps!

ICXC NIKA
helen

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join