It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depopulating the earth...how would you do it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Last night i watched a UK television drama series called "Torchwood", a kind of a Dr Who/MIB type affair.

Anyway there has been a 5 part series about aliens coming down and wanting 10% of the earths children.

So last night on the show, Cobra (governments emergency planning) sat around the table and had to decide on how to choose 10% of each countries children to give away. One member of the meeting talked about how depopulation would in fact be a good thing, and that it would indeed be needed soon.

In the end they chose to go by schools. They talked about leaving the "good schools" and getting rid of the kids from the poorer schools, as these kids wouldn't be as productive for the country in the future.

Anyway, being an ATSer, it was quite an interesting thing to watch on tv. I'm not saying thats how they would deal with depopulation, but knowing how many threads there have been here on the subject, it was interesting to see the dilema's that come from even thinking of how to do it. (albeit on a fictional tv show)

So how would you do it? Say you were in charge, and needed to get rid of......hmmm say a quarter of the worlds population.

Would you go for the sick? The elderly? Would you maybe just put a stop to reproduction somehow and gradualy let nature whittle the population down until it was at a sustainable level again?

On the programme last night, they had just 24 hours to find 10% of the world children to give away. In typical form the politicians said that their kids would be exempt, but thats to be expected anyway.

I'm not sure how i'd handle it, so i'm putting the question to everyone here.

Thanks.

CX.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is an elitist attitude.

We could start by offering anyone who thinks that the earth should be depopulated the chance to commit suicide. Its the only fair solution.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yes, like the last guy said, first I'd request volunteers.
Then, I'd collapse the economy, this would disrupt food supply worldwide, not that you'd be able to buy food anyway without any job or any money.
I'd spread disease, virus and don't forget panic. The media would be my weapon.
I'd start wars with powerful enemies.
And I'd do all this at a time when the solar system is about to experience some galactic 'turbulence'.

I suppose if all this didn't have the desired effect I could just pack millions of people on to trains and ship them off to 'new locations' (which, to their surprise, would turn out to be death camps) where they would be systematically executed by gas chamber and firing squads until the population was at a more 'sustainable' level.

CX

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand
reply to post by CX

Yes, like the last guy said, first I'd request volunteers.
Then, I'd collapse the economy, this would disrupt food supply worldwide, not that you'd be able to buy food anyway without any job or any money.
I'd spread disease, virus and don't forget panic. The media would be my weapon.
I'd start wars with powerful enemies.
And I'd do all this at a time when the solar system is about to experience some galactic 'turbulence'.

I suppose if all this didn't have the desired effect I could just pack millions of people on to trains and ship them off to 'new locations' (which, to their surprise, would turn out to be death camps) where they would be systematically executed by gas chamber and firing squads until the population was at a more 'sustainable' level.

All that seems very familiar!

Quite spooky when you look around eh?

CX.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Haha...just what we need, a thread to give TPTB alternative strategies.

What they're planning is setting up nicely, not enough people believe in this so those will be the first to die. I think those people alone will more than likely meet the quota. :-p

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
geronticide... when your eldest grandkid hits 18, your time is up... i'd be more than happy to do it if it meant stabilising the world population and leaving some natural resources for my offspring

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Genus

Dead right. They WILL be the first ones to die, 'cos they'll be the first ones to panic, "uh oh, my world is falling apart, how could this be? where were the signs? oh no, woe is me."

I can't wait.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I would think that the most effective way would be to create an illness of

some sort... like Swine Flu for instance. How do we know they are not already

trying to depopulate the planet, in Asia some are restricted to a certain amount

of children. The human population is massive and is growing at an amazing

rate. What I fear most is what will happen if population keeps expanding at this

rate. I've already heard of Environmentalist warning of water shortages in

Major Cities, what about under - developed countries?!?!?

[edit on 10-7-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

First of all, I think depopulation is horrific, I'm doing this as a satire.

With that said, if I was being paid and asked how to depopulate the world. I would respond as Obama did on the economic "crisis". I would use several Methods. These would whittle down the people over time, and do some quick depopulating.

1. I would mandate a flu shot that sterilized children, and gave them chronic disease like MS.

2. Obviously, all modern nations would legalize euthanasia.

3. Abortion would be allowed all the way until the day before birth, and their would be tax incentives for abortion. The incentives would appeal to minorities, single mothers, and impoverished (you know, the useless eaters)

4. Iran and North Korea would be attacked by the UN, their evil as hell.

5. If those weren't sufficient, I would try declaring martial law, labeling dissenters as terrorists, and executing them on the spot, or sending them to Camp Fema to get shot.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
To depopulate the Earth in a nice way without killing the innocent is:

1) Execute murderers, child rapists, rapists, and any extreme criminals.

2) Make a 3 strike and your dead rule.

3) Families are allowed one child then the mother and father receive a vasectomy.

4) Make the building bigger and cities more dense. That way we can let nature go back to rebuilding what we have destroyed.

Those four keys should have the Earth depopulated.

CX

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If anyones interested, heres the part of last nights programme where they discuss this...the first 7 mins is the meeting....

www.youtube.com...

CX.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
One solution would be- with no warning - to pull the plug on tv, radio and the internet and then crank up the paranoia with random petrol, food and medical shortages, of course enflaming all of these things with fear inducing articles in the few newspapers that are still allowed to function. Add a splash of blank closures and hey presto you will have people burning, murdering and pillaging each other in the streets within a few days. Once it gets nice and crazy - send in the troops.

Bobs your uncle.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Great thread.

Logan's Run is about a society that regulates itself by the citizens offering them selves up when they reach a certain age. I think it was 30 in the film.

How many of us would want to do this in our current society? Me, I am over 30 and have had done and achieve more after 30 that before 30.

And officals in our Government are making decisions about who lives or dies, everyday. What medical treatments are authorised. In the UK, the National Health Service does not fund all treatment options so someone has made a decision that will cost lives. Oversea aid - we help some countries and not others. People die because of the decisions that are made on our behalf so I guess we are someway down this road already.

Equinox99, you must be able to read my mind as I had put all your suggestions down in my notes to reply on this thread.

Aside from agreeing the decision process, who amongst us would act as a regulator for this?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

This will never work in South Africa... Why?

All the rapists, murderers etc are sitting in Government! (funny but true)

How do you monitor how many kids someone who lives in the bush (untraceable) or location ( informal settlement) has?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

Your south africa problem can be solved. In that region of the world (the entire african continent) we could simply nuke, nuke and nuke. Anything left would get sustained doses of napalm. Africa could be our 100% human-free zone.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

I like the way you think, just wait for me to leave first!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

Sounds like you don't belong there, come over here where the grass really is greener.

And 'half man, half amazing'. Isn't that what MVP says about himself?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Depopulating earth? Why? Cause theres not enough room? So lets kill off a percentage of existing humans so that the rich and poweful can live in their 20 room mansions and ranches which if broken down could house a city comfortably in these other 3rd world countries.

In that show you speak of, that aliens demind 10% of our children, my solution would be to ask them "or else what?". If the aliens decide they want war with us for it, then there will be war. If you give in to their demand for your own children, what would you say if they came back and asked for you?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Why the need to get rid of folks when you can just promote protection to teens who are sexually active with no intention of having kids, in poorer countries where the population tend to be less educated, less aware of protection and methods used to prevent pregnancy. Promotion of the nuclear family, making it very hard for families with more than two kids to have welfare or benefit.

You start those future parents of the next population.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

Dont really want to be here... Crime sucks!

Thanks for the invitation! NZ looks awesome!

Apparently that is what MVP says about himself... it is also in a Method Man song. ( I think)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join