It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had 1 chance to use a time machine..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If you had 1 chance to use a time machine ( no returning ) would you go back in time or forward in time?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
definetely back to pre microsoft, google and ebay days and I would buy as much stock as I could in all three!!!
and sell them off before 2007!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I'd go back, kill adam and eve and save the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

Going back a few weeks with the $90 million Lotto numbers would be tempting.
I am not really sure wether it would be wise to fool with this sort of outcome.
My worst life experiences have been my biggest lessons.
I think if there was anything good to do with it I would go back and tell loved ones who were going to experience fatal illness, things to do to combat this scenario; it would have been great to have more time as an adult with my much loved grandparents. May the Gods bless them.xxxx

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I would not go anywhere because although I do have curiosity in me to see the past or the future, I want to live This life, I have freinds, family, and my social life.

I would go back or in future only if I can return to my present.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Forget all the money junk. I'd go either to before the beginning or after end of the universe so that it wouldn't matter which way I picked.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Back.
I would show proof of who I am to the king, I would influence his thinking by telling him of the future, and I would change this #ty world for the better.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

That's a good idea, best one I've heard on this website yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Maybe I would go back to just before June 1st, 2009. The last day my mom was conscious and able to talk. That way I could spend time with her and say a proper goodbye.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I would go back to the 1940's and meet Tesla, do whatever I could to try to keep him alive if he was indeed murdered.

If he did die of natural causes well, go beat the gov't to his papers and start mass copying and distributing his works before something happened to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Although it would be pretty dang cool to go back and sit at that field in Roswell and see what really happened.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
Although it would be pretty dang cool to go back and sit at that field in Roswell and see what really happened.

Maybe the Roswell crash was actually time travellers going back in time to see what crashed in Roswell, but then their time-ship crashed.

That would suck, wouldn't it?

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Junkheap]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
If you had 1 chance to use a time machine ( no returning ) would you go back in time or forward in time?

That's an easy one. I'd go back to the 70's and start a company. The technology from the future would make me rich!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I would go back to about 10,000 years ago when life itself was dependant upon family and community working together to survive in the wild, wild world of gigantic creatures, and a bountiful, pristine earth.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Love and prayers with you and your mom. Mom's are very hard to lose, my heart goes out to you..

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'd go back to the Whiskey Rebellion and mow down Washington before he killed the America he fought to create.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
if i had one chance?

then i would go back in time and give my self many

kinda mutes it does it not?

hehe

you see dealing with time is funny for if you was to change time as you knew it.,

there would be no time

you see time is not relative to the universe.. its only relative to humans as a measurement of distance.

Time is man made

tick tok tick tok

if one had a time machine as you propose then what? could i go back to the beginning of time?

well no i can not why?

because in order to travel through time would require something to travel inside..,now we need parameters for this that "Makes" time what it is

get my drift?

you will only travel in your own time not anyone else's

dimensions on the other hand can be seen as we know this all ready.

a universe is a dimension in of its self.

this is the key element in going faster than light
knowing were and how and why helps a lot in this respect

get the calculation wrong.. you end up someplace you should not be = you never existed or now you do and you cant get back

very tricky to say the least..

; )

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Really you could only go back and observe, unless you never plan on returning back to the future you are used to. Going back and winning the lottery or starting a company or xxx might end up badly.

I'd go back to the building of the great pyramids.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
two places I would have a hard time deciding..

1..Back to midevil times,like king author times and try my hand at the round table..

Or.

Like above with a few lotto numbers and buy stocks while in my High school days..

I would never go forward..

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

but going back would be going forward

as you would change the "so called time line"

In fact if you did go back you would change the universe just by doing so

not a good idea

and you would not be you hehe

many people think of time travel as seen on tv... try your hand at theoretical physics my friend

not as simple as some dude in a machine

if it was

then we would not be here now would we "wink wink"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join