It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth must be like an oasis in the desert of the ....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
We have so much water, although water is a limited resource. I heard scientists came up with a way to make water.

anyway, if IF a big IF ufos existed maybe they use earth as a watering-hole.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by contactee]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
There is plenty of water in space.. our entire universe is surrounded by huge chunks of ice.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
were i live there's an abundance of water, i firmly believe there's a conspiracy to syphon of most of it to other parts,and they even have the brass neck to charge us for it... you see water is the real currency of the future, and we have an abundance of it,.. IMO

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
H2O, the supposed mother of pearl. To me these resources are unlimited. The only thing limiting these resources is our so called monetary/currency system; which now we have a real "shortage of". The world we live in which has been pulled down before our eyes has no bearings whatsoever I feel. Scientist's can produce whatever is needed if each nation either shared with each other, or globally we became un-nationed through peace and abolished d..bag laws through not internationalized government, but individual community cities. Over regulation has got us this far and that includes our government regulating our currency, currency regulating/restricting our water usage, and water being regulated/controlled by the greedy.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
atoms my friend ATOMS!

why travel bizzlluons of miles for water in a UFO that can bend space and time for a drippy drop of water?

the only reason they come here is YOU

your a lot more important than you think.

people do not get this yet...

look at now and then think 500 years from now

gets interesting ; )

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

i always thought we were breed for terraforming other world planets. we are hardy adaptable problematic species, though we do like a good moan@groan, sorry a bit of topic..

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
my friend what many fail to see.. and its not for the lack of wanting i can a sure you.. is this

we look at every thing IN life but not AT life.. there is a big difference in this..

many people see life as them "objective" "well why would you not?" you are alive?

correct? so.. why would a tree be a tree? well it has rules does it not? something did indeed make a tree.. its not an illusion

so.. what MAKES you and the tree?

function my friend

Life is not and has never been about being human
life is about making the universe work.

the reason for ufo's is the very same reason for a tree

LIFE

is a part of the function of the universe in order for it to work

aliens are just as clueless as to why we are here as you..but! we have a gift the tree does not

our job "as beings" as is shown is to self replicate

-- edit because a tree has a job but not the one we have --

ie.. we make universes

many many of them

for every question you ask pops out a universe to answer it

dont worry about water.. ; )

[edit on 10-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
atoms my friend ATOMS!

why travel bizzlluons of miles for water in a UFO that can bend space and time for a drippy drop of water?

the only reason they come here is YOU........

Why not?......You say you know the reason....do you talk to "them"
???

Why can't earth be used as a sort of rest stop, to replenish the ships H2o amoung other things(Human and ET alike). ALL craft of any sort must replenish supplies sooner or later. It could very well be used as such-biological and propulsion reasons IMO.

Even if you could go 3x-4x-10x faster than light, it would still take years to get from one supposed "end" to another of our known universe. Besides, every body has got to get out and stretch there legs every once and a while

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by contactee
We have so much water

That's thinking "in the box".

That is to say that water is the most important thing to any living creature anywhere in the universe. Water (and oxygen) is the most important thing to life on Earth. And even then, can be skewed as to what is most imprtant - just look at tree's, they need carbon dioxide, or they die. Look at plant life of Earth's deserts - they need extremely little water, or they drown.

No one knows what other life forms outside of Earth need to exist. What if other life forms are merely conscious entities? I just don't think a conscious entity needs water.

When thinking of what is most important to life in the Universe, one can not think as a Earth bound finite human.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

We have so much water

That's thinking "in the box".

That is to say that water is the most important thing to any living creature anywhere in the universe. Water (and oxygen) is the most important thing to life on Earth. And even then, can be skewed as to what is most imprtant - just look at tree's, they need carbon dioxide, or they die. Look at plant life of Earth's deserts - they need extremely little water, or they drown.

No one knows what other life forms outside of Earth need to exist. What if other life forms are merely conscious entities? I just don't think a conscious entity needs water.

When thinking of what is most important to life in the Universe, one can not think as a Earth bound finite human.

well great points made.

Maybe there are 'entities' who don't nbeed ships, or water to survive space.

But I assume that if a being requires a micro-climate, that is a ship, to survive space then it probably does need a solvent/water.

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
There is plenty of water in space.. our entire universe is surrounded by huge chunks of ice.

That's interesting how do you know that. can you tell I'm not a physicist. and anyway what are the conditions like outside the universe, is it possible for beings to traverse the barrier, infinity. nope i'm totally confused now. where did all this ice come from. do you mean outside our galaxy, or solar system, or say on saturns moons or something...

anyhow, much more convenient to have liquid water. There is no pressure in space so my guess is it would take more heat to melt ice. maybe i'm wrong...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by born2BWild
H2O, the supposed mother of pearl. To me these resources are unlimited. The only thing limiting these resources is our so called monetary/currency system; which now we have a real "shortage of". The world we live in which has been pulled down before our eyes has no bearings whatsoever I feel. Scientist's can produce whatever is needed if each nation either shared with each other, or globally we became un-nationed through peace and abolished d..bag laws through not internationalized government, but individual community cities. Over regulation has got us this far and that includes our government regulating our currency, currency regulating/restricting our water usage, and water being regulated/controlled by the greedy.

I never expected the thread to go in this direction but you are right, water water everywhere....
thanks for confirming scientists can make water this makes things more compliicated for my theory because assumably ets can do so too.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

the only reason they come here is YOU

your a lot more important than you think.

My mum always said I was spesh-ull

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

But I assume that if a being requires a micro-climate, that is a ship, to survive space then it probably does need a solvent/water.

That's exactly what I am referring to. Not "trying" to be critical of others' thinking, but just pointing out that the assumptions of another life form needing water is just that - assumptions based upon the needs of human life. Take for instance the Mel Gibson movie "Signs", what kills aliens in that depiction of alien life .......... water.

As for a ship needing any kind of "solvents", that assumption is based upon man made mechanical needs. There is simply no telling WHAT another life forms mode of transportation needs to sustain itslef, but it does not necessarily have to be something that we may even have the concept of.

Who's to say that an alien presence in Earth's proximity has anything to do with needs? For all we know, if could be along the lines of a Star Trek: Next Generations episode, wherein a time traveler was on the Enterprise merely to witness a great event that he knew was going to happen. Could be that aliens here are doing the same. It could be anything !!!

Edit to add last paragraph

[edit on 7/10/2009 by Misfit]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That's exactly what I am referring to. Not "trying" to be critical of others' thinking, but just pointing out that the assumptions of another life form needing water is just that - assumptions based upon the needs of human life. Take for instance the Mel Gibson movie "Signs", what kills aliens in that depiction of alien life .......... water.

As for a ship needing any kind of "solvents", that assumption is based upon man made mechanical needs. There is simply no telling WHAT another life forms mode of transportation needs to sustain itslef, but it does not necessarily have to be something that we may even have the concept of.

so where do chemical reactions in the being take place, what is the substrate?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I have no answer for that, I am just saying nothing has to be according, or even remotely similar, to human biology.

I added a paragraph to my last post while you were posting this, just so you know

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I have no answer for that, I am just saying nothing has to be according, or even remotely similar, to human biology.

I added a paragraph to my last post while you were posting this, just so you know

ok. you're right I guess.

the extra para - it could be anything you're right.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Overload

you are THEM my friend... that is the point!

you see aliens as i pointed out are not something that is on XFILES .. its a function.. lets look at this shall we?

the universe is made up of what? atoms? do you think some alien race that travels in space and time could not replicate water? via messing about with atoms? ...

the reason they come here is the reason we are looking out there

the question? why are we here
the answer to this? is the very question

aliens "some" understand the question being asked

and we are not the ones asking... water is not as important as you for with you water would be irrelevant

so the question remains what do you plan on doing with it?

the human race has very much to learn

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Overload

why travel? should be the question

you have all the answers.. you are the answer

yes the universe is vast only as vast as your mind

Universe - no shape
your mind - no shape

do i need to state the obvious?

what is it do you think you are in? why is it we have pattens? do you think that is a coincidence?

you see my friend what ever made your mind.. and i do not know this "for reasons ofc" because i would become god "and im not"

made the universe the very same way

if your mind could look into a mirror it would reflect the universe

you are one of the same thing "just very tiny"

our problem? not who or why but ! how? ; )

thats why we have science my friend... to understand something is not the same as to question something.

asking who made god would result in INFINITY AND P.I

to understand how it works.. well.. you use a pc do u not?

; )

i hope i made that clear, You are the reason for everything my friend

EVERYTHING

Oh just one more thing

when someone asks you how old you are.. tell them you are as old as the universe

; ) because you are

[edit on 10-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

That's interesting how do you know that.

We use things like the Hubble Space Telescope to work out the composition of certain objects in space.

On March 22, 2006, astronomers (including David Jewitt and Henry Hsieh) announced that the near circular orbits of some icy asteroids in the outer reaches of the Main Asteroid Belt suggest that they are part of a population of "main belt comets." Three objects have been found with near circular, flat orbits in the main belt occasionally stream volatile materials, producing an observable tail for weeks and months at a time as their orbits bring them closer to the Sun. The astronomers speculate that past impacts on Earth from such inner comets may have been an important source of the water now found in Earth's oceans .

Source

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose

That's interesting how do you know that.

We use things like the Hubble Space Telescope to work out the composition of certain objects in space.

On March 22, 2006, astronomers (including David Jewitt and Henry Hsieh) announced that the near circular orbits of some icy asteroids in the outer reaches of the Main Asteroid Belt suggest that they are part of a population of "main belt comets." Three objects have been found with near circular, flat orbits in the main belt occasionally stream volatile materials, producing an observable tail for weeks and months at a time as their orbits bring them closer to the Sun. The astronomers speculate that past impacts on Earth from such inner comets may have been an important source of the water now found in Earth's oceans .

Source

Thank you. but I guess you confused me when you said the UNIVERSE was surrounded by blocks of ice.

I'm not saying it isn't possible but... you see where I'm coming from?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join