It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good secret societies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The masons are definately on the good side of the secret societies. If you hear otherwise, they are full of it. If you do not believe me, then talk with the organization straight forward in your community. the masons do alot of community service and give to charity. the reason that they are considered secret is that they just do not deny nor confirm anything in the rituals. if you want to know about masons in general, here is a site www.geocities.com...

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal
What else would a secret society be good for, other than evil?

I'm not sure why the prevailing opinion here is that secret equals evil. In most free nations, it is perfectly legal to keep secrets and maintain a level of privacy. In America, at least, citizens are free to assemble and create private groups that may or may not be secret.

Would you have all forms of secrecy banned? Maybe you'd prefer if your salary were public, or your medical records perhaps, or what you've said in confidence to your lawyer? I think not. Secrecy is essential to maintain a line between government and private citizens.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
"what happens to a society when mystery is labeled as evil" - Saul Williams

For those of you that want a society, or organization to fear, fear those who dont post on message boards, those who don't have websites, and lodges in plain view in every major city worldwide, who don't wear emblems and explain them when asked, and who don't take pictures in their regalia. Fear those you, your friends and family, your teachers and associates, everyone you've ever come in contact with, know nothing, and have never heard of. When you learn of a group to which you can find no information regarding them despite your most vigilant efforts, then be scared.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think that this is what you are looking for....

www.sohp.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join