It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Nikola Tesla belong to any secret society?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Do you think Nikola Tesla belonged to any occult secret society or did he just do the mad science in his own realm?
I'm thinking he probably just stayed to himself, but read some occult books.
If he was in some group I think he would have played the capitalism game and made a lot of money.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Only of watching the history channel learned this.

He was germaphobic, a abistent from sex man.

He would of been the last person on earth i'd suspect to be in a certain secret society.

Tesla, was one of a few good men on earth.

I could only hope to be 1/100 of the genius he was.

The perseverance strength and character of this man has never been seen before and will never be seen again.

Amazing man, very amazing.

unprecedented.

I would side with you as a no in a secret society. He had a quiet a troubled history of fitting in.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
only if theres a secret society of mad scientists. i dont think he was. theres not really any reason to think so, other than he was so weird.

CX

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I don't think he could have handled being part of a society, secret or not.

Too many people would have annoyed him and would have kept him from his work.

CX.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Edison was a freemason. It's possible that he introduced Tesla to it while they were still buddies. Can't find anything on it though.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm fairly certain that Tesla was a loner eccentric. I once saw a Czech movie about him (with Orson Welles playing JP Morgan!) which, if I recall correctly, implied that Tesla thought his inspiration came from angels. Some have postulated aliens instead. Either way, the guy was way ahead of his peers... while Marconi & others were struggling over getting voice to be carried over radio waves, Tesla's challenge was using those same radio waves to remote-control the submarine he'd built.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My research has led me to believe that it was precisely BECAUSE he was not inclined to such social constructs that he suffered the fate he did.

The elitist robber barons and self-important self-worshiping geniuses hated dealing with him because he made most of them feel stupid.

Also, he had no compunctions about sharing the breadth of his vision with others. Whereas someone like a JP Morgan would only care about a development up to the point of "How do I monopolize on this?" Tesla was always looking towards the furthest reach of his discoveries.

Edison was a narcissist and there was no room in his world for someone who could out invent him.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Tesla was a Vedic. He used ancient Sanskrit terminology in his descriptions of natural phenomena. As early as 1891 Tesla described the universe as a kinetic system filled with energy which could be harnessed at any location. His concepts during the following years were greatly influenced by the teachings of Swami Vivekananda. Swami Vivekananda was the first of a succession of eastern yogi's who brought Vedic philosophy and religion to the west. After meeting the Swami and after continued study of the Eastern view of the mechanisms driving the material world, Tesla began using the Sanskrit words Akasha, Prana, and the concept of a luminiferous ether to describe the source, existence and construction of matter. -grotz

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Republican08

Thank you for your answer. Tesla was a great man that may never be found on the Earth again. Could have cared less about money, greatness, or anything else. Only for the good of the society of man.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Tesla was a member of " The Society Of Charlatans "

Most of his ideas he stole from others.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You would know, the charlatan was the one funding him, who finished off by tricking him.

Tesla belonged to the Lodge of King9, i.e King9Lodge I think.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
apparently he established this group
O.S.P

As with other conspiracies the evidence is lacking here..

new topics

top topics

join