It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we access the rest of our brain?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

Star!!

You are on some real #### and I dig that very much....

When we were created, we were only taught to think "inside the box" this 10%, just enough to be obediant slaves.....now you have people that are on some real knowledge and therefore able to 'tap' into more than 10% (ESP, teleskenetic abilities)...

but people need to know why the elites have instituted brainwashing mechanisms ( Tavistock Institute )and promoted the use of daily fluoride ( found in your toothpaste and water) to keep you "dumbed down" and staying a 10 or below %....

A nation of dumb, unthinking sheep is perfect for a New World Order

70% of America’s tap water contains the deadly chemical fluoride. The first time fluoride was put into drinking water was in Nazi Germany to control the population and the minds of people. Today, it seems that history has repeated itself and the American government is putting fluoride in our water for the population and mind control of the American people.”

[edit on 10-7-2009 by ButterCookie]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Seems this same question is posed about once a month. I'll give the same answer: We use 100% of our brain, but different areas of the brain function individually depending on the task. So, we only use ~10% at any given time; otherwise, our brain would overload and we would cease to be functional. It is theorized that Autistic folks may suffer from the brain using more than 1 region simultaneously, thus using more than 10%, thus overloading the brain, thus they cease to be social functional.

Just my 2-cents AGAIN!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Good thread, because there is a lot to think about. I have been actively on my own spiritual journey lately, and have found a wealth of information, that I am only beginning to sort through.

The reason this is important to your question is that anyone who has actually spent time truly trying to enlighten themselves, has had experiences that prove to themselves that we can access more of our brain, or to put it another way, they have brought the conscious and subconscious mind together in harmony, and any number of things have happened. Like, psychic notions, past life experiences, telepathy, and many more.

The problem we have accepting this in our "western" culture is that if it cannot be written down in a known equation, or be put on a bar graph, or for that matter, taken in a pill, then it cannot possibly be true, or benificial to us. Bull!! The fact that we don't understand everything in the universe does not mean that it is not so. Many would call this faith, but I'm not talking religion, just faith in something you know, even if it is not on a graph. Science cannot prove or disprove near death experiences, but ask anyone who has had one what they believe.

Anywho, if you are really interested in accessing more brain power, meditation, or some prefer the word prayer (and yes they should be performed in similar fashion) is the main ingredient. Herre are a couple of links that if nothing else gives food for thought.

Google Video Link

A bit long, but very interesting video about the possible link to monatomic gold and accessing new parts of the brain(and more).

www.zshare.net...

Here is a link, that I found in another thread that is very useful if you want to train your mind to access the subconscious. And to give credit where due, here is the link to that thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, with that said, here is a link to a book written about ancient forgotten technology/knowledge. If we were as dumb then as we are now, how do you explain these things and others, like the coral castle near
Miami or the pyramids.(and dont waste my time with the currently accepted theories, new details have proven their "dating" as wrong)

www.thecrowhouse.com...

One more. If you have stayed with me this long, there is another piece of the puzzle that may answer why so many people care about expanding their brains right now. It correlates to the best explaination I have heard on the Mayan calendar, but it could explain much about the feeling of something more in this life. I hope any of this is helpful.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Cant take credit for what im about to say... it was mentioned in the HBO series Generation Kill

One of the characters attempts to analyze a wet dream... he says something along the lines of "look at the power of our brains at night... they can make you think you're having sex with someone and convince you that its so real it makes ur d*$( cum." He then ponders if that power to meditate into that state can be used in day to day activity. kinda a lewd topic and apologies if it's grossed anyone out but i still think it was something that made me think about the power of the brain.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We only use 10% of our brain because the rest is being used without our knowledge. Some parts store memory, some store thoughts, ideas, some might store emotions and etc. We don't necessarily use 10% at any given time. I could be using 42.34444% right now!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I have often wondered this. At one point in my life I was determined to make use of the entirety of my brain. I edited to say that I never achieved success in this endeavor.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It would involve you walking the moving staircase... without stepping...
in a purple haze... if you reach the door - give it a kick and break on through to the other side. thats as far as anyone alive has gotten,
people who we suspect went further never came back mentally.
MKUltra -- 50's ... The Doors 70's

[edit on 10-7-2009 by BornPatriot]

[edit on 10-7-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
we do use 100 percent of our brain in the same way that an electric signal uses 100 percent of the copper wire it's running through. The signal travels down the wire from point a to point b. that signal may only use up 8-10 percent of the wires volume but it still uses the entire wire as it travels. same thing with neurons. the signal has to travel down the neuron pathway. so even though all the cells in that pathway are not transferring electrical signals at once-since the signal has to travel from point a to point b it is still using the entire neuroconduit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join