It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we access the rest of our brain?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I would like to know why everyone believes that we use only 10% of our brain.

What possible proof is there that this is true?

What I really want to know is how to access the rest, and why, if we are given this brain, we don't know how to use it?

I believe that a lot of people do not use even that part of their brain they can, but why, and for what purpose, were we given a brain that we cannot access?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

It's a myth.

We use different parts of our brain for different activities. Different sections control different things, though, so not all parts are always active.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

So, Rune, do you think that we have access to all parts of our brain?

And if so-called phsychiatrists say we only use 10%, is it just made up?

And, by the way, I believe that a lot of phsychiatrists are totally nuts.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The myth of the "10% usage" of the brain came back in the 90s when researchers claimed they had so far only found out what 10% of our brain is used for. This lead to a craze with the misinterpretation of what they said. From the media to self-help books suddenly everyone was claiming we only use 10% of our brain.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTrueFiction
The myth of the "10% usage" of the brain came back in the 90s when researchers claimed they had so far only found out what 10% of our brain is used for. This lead to a craze with the misinterpretation of what they said. From the media to self-help books suddenly everyone was claiming we only use 10% of our brain.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by InTrueFiction]

I thought it was 10% of our brain we use conciously, and the other 90% was Controlling the heartbeat, and etc etc etc?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Here's a nice little write up from Snopes on the 10% brain myth.

10% of brain myth - snopes.com

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

These numbers are still an assumption. The brain is still being discovered and far from explained 100%.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by InTrueFiction

Well, I wonder and wonder, and I really don't believe that most people use their brain to the fullest extent. Maybe this becomes uncomfortable, out of the territory.

But the true adventurers went beyond their comfort zone, and what we need is younger true adventurers.

And I fear that we are softening our kids too much for that.

I believe that true adventurers have to suffer a bit, to spur them on.

If you have a comfortable life, you are not going to go out and explore the world. It has to be a bit difficult. But we are not doing that, so no more inventiveness.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

well for one you could practice WHITE tantra omitting the orgasm and do kundalini yoga and awaken your kundalini and chakras to have a higher level of electricity flowing through your brain and many changes will occur.. new "instructional" hormones will be sent from your pitituary to your endocrine system.. triggering a number of changes..
you may even feel the sensation of the cerebral spinal fluid within your brain's ventricles crystalizing around the interior walls like a geode.. and around the pineal gland...
you'll feel your face change as the nasal and sphenoid bones adjust..

and you'll feel your cranium expand...

research it.. do it.. and there you are.. answer to your question.

and i'm not some new age doofus.. spouting off imaginary crap...

this all actually happens....

for real.

read up on itzak bentov

-

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I heard on a science channel somewhere (not sure)

Only 8-10% at a time.......

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Jaja we do use 100% of our brain it is very different to say that we dont actually know how it works... remember that neurophysiology is a field in wich there are a lot of things that have not yet be discovered and also remember the famous phrase "if you dont use it, it will suffer atrophy" (or something like that) it is true for normal development and thats the reason why experts promote early educacional stimulation (specially under 3 years old)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier10

Hey, thank you everyone for responding, but why are we disenfranchising our kids?

If we don't breed tough kids, the world will suffer.

I am not saying abuse your kids, I am saying all this crap that kids have is turning them off - take them for a walk, let them see nature, do something, or we will have a useless generation sitting on its bum.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It is difficult to speak of this theme because neurology is very complex, first if you are talking about the "brain" you are just referring to the thalamic structures and hemispheres... the nervous system is divided in central nervous system and autonomous nervous system. It is all interconnected but different stimuli enhance a greater degree of activity

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

absolutely correct

I mean all the crystallization stuff and what is absolutely happening ... I dunno, not really 100% at least

But my meditation techniques have led me some amazing places...

healing of my body from grave levels of damage

experiences that were... fully speaking with entities full dmt release, real unreal... can't say for sure, I assume it was all in my mind but I don't know for sure

what I can only describe as de-aging

There's allot our Brains can do we don't access every day

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

So, Rune, do you think that we have access to all parts of our brain?

Yes. A lot of processes are relegated to to the background, though people have trained to gain control of some of them.

And if so-called phsychiatrists say we only use 10%, is it just made up?

Since psychiatrists don't say that.... yes.

And, by the way, I believe that a lot of phsychiatrists are totally nuts.

As you will.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Hi. ty, but I am more worried about the youth, who are just crap right now- no-one cares, because they are difficult boys and girls.

So, any suggesstions would be welcome.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

This should be 10% at any 1 time..consciously.

Most of our brain it taking care of mundane things concerning the body (breathing,heat control, etc) so that we have time to think rather than just react.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If you think 10% is low then stick around another decade or so and witness a society that uses 3 to 5% which will be just enough to feed and clothe ourselves and follow orders. At one time mankind used the majority of his brain which is why Ancient or not-so-Ancient civilizations seem to be advanced by our puny peabrains. Superman or any other hero you can think of are nothing in comparison to the peoples who once roamed Earth and other terrains. Thats why you see the unexplainable all around such as pyramids and temples and stone structures that have many different explanations as to their existence. Some people are able to tap into portions of their mind while the normal everyday person cannot, hence the 'freaks' you see sometimes such as healers or miracle workers. Meditation is the doorway to the mind but it is virtually impossible for anyone to seperate themselves from the chaos and interference of modern life to achieve this. Anyone who says they meditate in their home or at work or at a resort (cont)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
(cont) and reach a divine state or have a moment of clarity or are enlightened are, in short, lying. To reach the full potential of your mind you have to rid yourself of electronic interference. It is common knowledge, or should be, that our brain operates on electric pulses. Power lines, iPODS, cellphones, computers, televisions, and even modern cars and toys all give off their own electric pulses and interupt the thought process and other functions of the mind. Also the foods we consume play an inportant role in 'brain power'. If you want proof all you have to do is detox your body for 2 weeks, unplug anything electric thats not a necessity, and find a place in the woods or country away from power sources and meditate, meditate, meditate! And by that I mean find your true self. I cannot explain this any better than that. Each individual meditates differently since we think differently. Soul search, talk to yourself, talk to plantlife and animals and then sit in silence with a thoughtless mind. (cont)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
(cont) keep in mind the moment you go back to your normal life you lose all that you achieved. Sacrifice is the only way to maintain enlightenment and sadly no one wants to give up anything that gives them pleasure, whether it be mental pleasure or physical pleasure. Good luck.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join