It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasered for taking too long to get license!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just checked out that link suave.

So the cop gets in the cop hall of shame. but the jury aquits him? BS. major BS. what the hell is wrong with the jury. what the cop did was OK? Hell even the cop knows it was wrong thats why he resigned. WTF jury?!? You were supposed to defend the constitution and the population from tyranny. not turn a blind eye to it and hope that the cops will be nicer to you than they were for the guy wrongly tazered by a sociopath. Remember when the NAZI were around and doing the same thing? remembered the guy who did nothing about it when they wrongly took his neighbors, then the guy down the street, then people he knew. but the entire time it wasn't his direct problem or so he thought until they came for him one day and there was nobody there to help him? Yeah well eventually a country called the USA came around and did something about it. Now look at the US. can't even stand up to our own nazies now a days. yes this guy was every bit a facist as a nazi.

Oh and the jury was every bit as complacent, compliant and sick as this cop if they indeed aquited him. that jury deserves the exact same treatment when they get pulled over. hope they get electricuted too by some pathalogical A hole. serves the idiots right.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What an asinine and assumptive post. We aren't a bunch of kids on here, who are worried about our rights. I just turned 40 yesterday. Your complacency is not only alarming, but downright laughable as one day, this could be you or a loved one of yours that this happens to. Will you be singing a different tune then? Go deliver your mail and get on with your life. And keep your head buried directly up your bum.

Originally posted by Mailman
what a revelation..this occured in Nov of 2006!

why post it now ramping it up like "these cops are getting out of hand"

Its likely the posters here talking about "lighting cops up everyday" and "start shooting back"
wich puts these loose cannons on trigger happy mode.

dont you kiddies have some bling to worry about?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
okay, so last time I heard you can't be pulled over for going 70 in a 65, 5 MPH is okay since the radar can not make 100 percent accurate readings, plus everyone goes at least 10 MPH over the speed limit.

Second, the car had no back license plate. That's weird, and is probably why the cop got all freaked out.

and why did the cop have to wait until another cop showed up? What is he a noob or something?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
On a related side note; I saw some stupid college jock get pulled for speeding the other day and as soon as he stopped his car he got out and started walking toward the cop car! The cop went absolutely ballistic at him over the loud-speaker and the kid went running back to his vehicle, looking very pale

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
There are more links at Austin news,85 lawsuits,including one concerning this thread.Another is from family of a man fatally shot twice in the back,the policeman who did it was fired for using poor judgement.
In other words both these ex-policemen are walking the streets,and are not charged with anything so far,while the city PD will pick up the tab,it's all crazy madness.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'll tell you how the cops think of us, the public, now.

If you listen, he says it twice...I have ONE tasered on the ground now.

We are now no longer people.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This cop certainly doesn't need to have even a box cutter on him! He is obviously a loose cannon. He jumps the gun (no pun intended
) without even giving the guy a chance to comprehend why he's being pulled over.

I understand that the driver's vehicle was missing its plates, but my dad got his plates stolen while he was at work one day & drove home without even noticing they were gone. Who really checks to see their plates are on their car/truck when they leave? I always look at the tires, but that's about the extent of my inspection before driving off.

I've been pulled multiple times & it's always taken me longer than 30 seconds to produce all three forms requested. I guess we should all learn from this citizen's experience by keeping all our licenses & papers where we can produce them in 20 seconds or less.

I hope this cop hasn't moved to my hometown. Besides, can someone tell me again what cops did in non-violent situations before they were issued tasers?

I do believe in karma & I also believe that this cop will get his day for what he did. Happy Holidays!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Right Yummy,It didn't go unheard by me and another poster has already mentioned same,what about this forum re; hospitals?another thing is,would it not be appropriate for that Grand Jury to have experienced the Taser?

www.abc.net.au...

[edit on 10-7-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sabrinaleena

(quote Freenrg2)
The officer did seem to raise his voice (probably due to the traffic) and the passenger said "just give him your license". The driver then said "No, this guy's yelling at me for no good reason."

All the office had to hear was "No" and that is failure to obey an officer. This is when the cop told him to either produce the license or get out of the car. The driver still did not produce and was ordered out of the vehicle. The driver still did not obey the officer and was tased. And is evident by the video, he was not tased very long nor repeatedly like some abhorrent videos posted here. And, like it or not, the officer was acting within the current confines of the law with his actions.

Should he have been more patient...absolutely. Should he have not used the taser...absolutely. But this is all hindsight.

The lesson to be learned here is not to say something that would indicate that you are not going to comply with a reasonable request from an officer. Producing your license and insurance for a traffic stop is a valid request and there should be no reason to say "no". You're not going to convience the office that his tone is inappropriate, you're only going to make matters worse.

And I look forward to the day when tasers are taken out of the hands of all law enforcement officers. There's simply far too much abuse. And although it can and will be argued if the cop was abusing his power by tasing the driver, the video does show his [driver's] unwillingness to cooperate by stating so. This is the straw that broke the camels back.
(end quote Freenrg2)
This.

As for the Kiddie remark it was aimed at two earlier posts..sorry you got that wrong too.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Mailman]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
heres a link to some more details

carlosmiller.com...

Cop did get 3 day suspension but what is really interesting is the Internal Affairs investigation interview link on the above page. The investigator really is calling him out on his actions numerous times during the incident.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the ex-officer, Oconnor -

And here's one of the lady
Mr Snelling.

He was initially cleared of any wrong doing, but was later suspended for 3 days.

Oconnor also claims that he felt he was in danger of being 'pushed into on coming traffic' by Snelling, and that he was suffering some medical problem at the time as he had not eaten since the morning, which he states "...when this happens, I become more agitated..."

PDF File - Occonor complains at being suspended for 3 days

Im glad this menace is off the streets.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
reply to post by sabrinaleena

(quote Freenrg2)
The officer did seem to raise his voice (probably due to the traffic) and the passenger said "just give him your license". The driver then said "No, this guy's yelling at me for no good reason."

All the office had to hear was "No" and that is failure to obey an officer. This is when the cop told him to either produce the license or get out of the car. The driver still did not produce and was ordered out of the vehicle. The driver still did not obey the officer and was tased. And is evident by the video, he was not tased very long nor repeatedly like some abhorrent videos posted here. And, like it or not, the officer was acting within the current confines of the law with his actions.

Should he have been more patient...absolutely. Should he have not used the taser...absolutely. But this is all hindsight.

The lesson to be learned here is not to say something that would indicate that you are not going to comply with a reasonable request from an officer. Producing your license and insurance for a traffic stop is a valid request and there should be no reason to say "no". You're not going to convience the office that his tone is inappropriate, you're only going to make matters worse.

And I look forward to the day when tasers are taken out of the hands of all law enforcement officers. There's simply far too much abuse. And although it can and will be argued if the cop was abusing his power by tasing the driver, the video does show his [driver's] unwillingness to cooperate by stating so. This is the straw that broke the camels back.
(end quote Freenrg2)
This.

As for the Kiddie remark it was aimed at two earlier posts..sorry you got that wrong too.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Mailman]

I don't agree. He had no valid request when he was requesting it as a complete and utter douche. That's like a spoiled kid saying, "Give me a drink now Mom." Does the kid get his drink? No. The kid gets a smack to the ass and sent to bed. Officer or not, respect and courtesy are due and reciprocal. Be a dick to me, and I'm going to be a dick back, I don't care if you have a badge on or not. The only one person that is greater than the next is Ego. We're all the same, and the sooner we learn that, the better off we'd be as a species.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
A video from 3 years ago and everyone is still jumping up and down about it?

He is no longer a police officer. Let it go, he can't hurt anyone else again.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

That guy deserved to be tased. This is what happens when you get snippy with the Police.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
I watched the video twice and I can't find fault in the way the officer acted. the guy was larger than him and was being obnoxious and getting in his face. I would have tazered him too. Even the chick in the passenger's seat was telling him to calm down.
he deserved it.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by JulieMills]

You are completely incorrect. The next time I don't agree with you responding in less than 10 seconds I'll taze you. Just to make myself feel better. This is an abuse of power, the cop was inconsiderate and disrespectful right off the bat, I would have been beligerent to him as well. I'm sorry but we do not work for them and they are not above the law or above the people. Maybe you need to take some time of reflection, wake up and smell the coffee, and don't make asinine assumptions just because you think he "deserved" it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Im not surprised, I know a few cops and their wives, they all think that they are above the law.they brag about being able toshow their Goldcard(policeID) when they are pulled over in their personal vehicles and they will not be cited,not even for DUI .. this IS TOTAL BS . If any of you have ever partyed with these people mabey you know just how arrogant some of them are ,I get the feeling they think they are above THE LAW

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Im not surprised, I know a few cops and their wives, they all think that they are above the law.they brag about being able toshow their Goldcard(policeID) when they are pulled over in their personal vehicles and they will not be cited,not even for DUI .. this IS TOTAL BS . If any of you have ever partyed with these people mabey you know just how arrogant some of them are ,I get the feeling they think they are above THE LAW

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
WOW love the way u think just remember if YOU ever recieve electro shock therapy from the police its for ur oun good????????????? because we are all guilty until proven innocent or is it the other way around?remember when they were there to PROTECT AND SERVE no excuse

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
WOW love the way u think just remember if YOU ever recieve electro shock therapy from the police its for ur oun good????????????? because we are all guilty until proven innocent or is it the other way around?remember when they were there to PROTECT AND SERVE no excuse

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Now that would be something to see. But citizens can't interfere with police when they are working, so I'm not sure how successful that would be.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join