It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasered for taking too long to get license!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
whats with this stuff being reported contstantly. I think it is Propaganda, to build support for anarchy/rioting and possibly civil war.

I think people are being led into something here.

It's bad but it been happenening for generations, there was a time when police would hit kids for being naughty, and all people would say is, " he deserved it"

[edit on 10-7-2009 by MR BOB]

How would this cause rioting, this is one bad cop tasering someone wrongfully, it would take dozens of these videos per week to get us fat complacent Americans to do a darn thing other than sit here on ATS and wag our fingers at him or hope he get's suspended. It takes a lot of straw to break the camel's back. And how is bringing this incident to the attention of the people count as "propaganda"? If its the truth and this really happened how can it be misconstrued as propaganda?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
..... This cop is a douchebag, ... plain and simple.

... I hope he returns home from work early one day ....... to find his wife in bed with the black guy he tasered !!!

.... Revenge is sweet.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaraThustra
It's an us and them mentality. They only attack the people that they know will not fight back.

Some may say all cops are not bad, but the truth is that if the good cops do not scream about the bad cops, then they really are all on the same side, and that side is not ours.

You are sooo correct...and the "good cops" keep the bad ones employed. As legitimate options for a citizen to have this type illegal use of force dealt with evaporate, they may resort to non-violent or even violent retribution. Cops should be aware their names, addresses, and family info are part of public record. Don't be surprised in the future if you hear of retribution being sought outside the legal realm, as the citizens ability to seek justice is squashed. No one is an island unto himself. In the final analysis, you reap what you sow

[edit on 10-7-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
whats with this stuff being reported contstantly. I think it is Propaganda, to build support for anarchy/rioting and possibly civil war.

I think people are being led into something here.

It's bad but it been happenening for generations, there was a time when police would hit kids for being naughty, and all people would say is, " he deserved it"

[edit on 10-7-2009 by MR BOB]

I almosted sided with the rest of the replies...my first reaction I was going to post what I would have done if I was in her shoes..

However like you said. There are certain people who will see nothing but brutality and racism...because its on their agenda.

if a cop asks for your lisence..how many of you here would continue complaining and make him ask again?

He didnt need to taze her though, he should have just called for backup right away.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Oh my!

Are you serious? I always thought the speed checked by aircraft thing was just to scare you into slowing down! Thanks for the info!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LiQuiD_FuSioN

Just because your are not supposed to play with the cops does not mean that they are gods or our masters, sooner or later people are going to start shooting back and these ignorant fools will find themselves being torn limb from limb.

People wont put up with this too much longer.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I believe we need to ask the courts to rule on tasers and set some guidelines on their use... I believe it is being mis-used. instead of doing their job.. they let the electricity do the work at tax payer expense. anyone dare break the law... >? cuts down on court traffic...

Houston - I think Austin, has a Problem... Assualting Citizens with electricity... I bet if you listen in to the locker rooms or any enforrcement gathering from any police department in America you would be extremely disturbed at what is said and how it is said. ... I use to tow vihicles for A to Z towing in San Diego, they had a thing with the Govt... they towed for them.. what ever you callit... and this Police force is a Force for Justice me dont think so, they were like a Mafia\Mob\Organized and Legal... and I just kept agreeing and shaking my head -(I was fresh out of the Military so I still had that in the club air about me) [Let me tell you I would never do anything to anyone for any reason, these guys are cops and my job depended up me being accepted if you will] I say things like you can count on me... and before to long they wanted me to do dirty deeds to people vehicles and stuff like that... I even helped out from time to time... they wanted a Felon to come out of a house... I would just come down the street like I'm in a Parade... I'd drag chains off the back of the truck, radio blairing... the whole nine yards... As soon as the perf stepped out... he had two shot guns on both sides of the head... you got love it when Justice is served and their are some seriously evil people out there...
all it take for evil to suceed is for good men to do nothing... San Diego, Ca. Police department is supposedly cleaned up now... I would hope so... I think Carreer Authority gets to be "US -vs- Them" and all I can say is... I was starting to think like they think... I'm sorry to say.... but you got to understand, they rarely see the good ... they see lots of violent stuff and it affects people and I have yet to see any government employee who's attitude isn't sort of warped... towards civilians...
well... I babbled enough ....this was early 1990's \

oh, and this is another Austin - Taser..
topics.myfoxboston.com...

A Grandmother Mind you... for shame

[edit on 10-7-2009 by BornPatriot]

[edit on 10-7-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
if only we could police ourselves.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

I loved your comment that the courts should rule on the use of taser.

I think that's an excellent idea.

I can see situations where a taser is a better alternative than a gun.

However, we seem to see a lot of videos where a taser is used under circumstances that would seem less than necessary.

I also think that Chris Rocks video should be shown to every person that is going to get a drivers license. The public seems to be incredibly ignorant about what they are required to do when interacting with an officer.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
having a bad day? use your taser. what a crock. that was ridiculous. dude should lose his job. no one needs cops like that around. doesn't seem to really be another side to this story, does there?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There are times that in these kinds of videos, it is easy to raise the question of whether the so called "victim" or suspect did deserve to be tasered, beaten or whatever, but we are only given a small piece of the story. However, this is a solid video of proof that the cop simply had something that is wedged up his butt as tight as the excalibur. He obviously wasn't having a good day, and was being a jackass. I've been pulled over many times, I've never seen a cop act like this. Lot of times, it's best to have your stuff ready, it shows courtesy, but it's not required, and maybe this is what set him off. Who knows what was going through this cops head. But they usually will wait for you to get your stuff together as they ask you how fast you were going or whatever else. This cop knows he over reacted, and judging by the video, he knows he's knee deep in the crap water.

These cops are getting way to trigger happy with these tasers, new regulation is needed. The taser is worst than their guns, clubs, pepper sprays and beatings combined. I'm glad more and more of these kinds of videos are surfacing. Some people, including ones here on ATS complain they are tired of these things, well that's just too bad. Truth doesn't go away just because you want them too, nor does awareness of police brutality. It needs to be shown, so that something can be done to stop this. There are many good cops out there, believe it or not, but the ones who give cops a bad name, need to be to lose their badges.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There are times that in these kinds of videos, it is easy to raise the question of whether the so called "victim" or suspect did deserve to be tasered, beaten or whatever, but we are only given a small piece of the story. However, this is a solid video of proof that the cop simply had something that is wedged up his butt as tight as the excalibur. He obviously wasn't having a good day, and was being a jackass. I've been pulled over many times, I've never seen a cop act like this. Lot of times, it's best to have your stuff ready, it shows courtesy, but it's not required, and maybe this is what set him off. Who knows what was going through this cops head. But they usually will wait for you to get your stuff together as they ask you how fast you were going or whatever else. This cop knows he over reacted, and judging by the video, he knows he's knee deep in the crap water.

These cops are getting way to trigger happy with these tasers, new regulation is needed. The taser is worst than their guns, clubs, pepper sprays and beatings combined. I'm glad more and more of these kinds of videos are surfacing. Some people, including ones here on ATS complain they are tired of these things, well that's just too bad. Truth doesn't go away just because you want them too, nor does awareness of police brutality. It needs to be shown, so that something can be done to stop this. There are many good cops out there, believe it or not, but the ones who give cops a bad name, need to be to lose their badges.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
OK, so this event occured in Nov. Has there been any resolution? What is the status???

This police agression is getting out of hand. Plus listen to his verbage. "I have ONE down!" The intentional dehumanization is important.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Here's a link to the status of the case:

www.txcn.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Should be a substantial law suit against the "Officer" and the "agency" he's associated with. People have every right to take their time and to thoroughly read and study any ticket before signing. And always sign "Without Prejudice" above your name to reserve your rights. The longer you take to read and sign, the fewer tickets can be issued and less likely are governments to perpetrate this fraud. Taking time to get their license is also their right. Making people "Criminal" for going a few miles over the speed limit is just a scam.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Suave

good riddance. cowardly jury for not indicting. but hey now he's a famous "what not to do."

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
what a revelation..this occured in Nov of 2006!

why post it now ramping it up like "these cops are getting out of hand"

Its likely the posters here talking about "lighting cops up everyday" and "start shooting back"
wich puts these loose cannons on trigger happy mode.

dont you kiddies have some bling to worry about?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
what a revelation..this occured in Nov of 2006!

why post it now ramping it up like "these cops are getting out of hand"

Myabe the OP just discovered this...I know it was NEW to me...am I out of the loop? Probably...BUT being 3-years old doesn't excuse the LAW ENFORCEMENT official for what he did.

3 years late? YES. Deserving of discussion? YES!

EDIT: Oh, the cops are not GETTING out of hand...They HAVE been for many years...only getting worse.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Suave

Thanks for the link.

Here's a quote from the link that everyone should read.

" Police Chief Art Acevedo released the police dashcam video last year to show officers how not to act during traffic stops.

O'Connor was disciplined for his actions. He recently resigned from the force. "

The officer is no longer on the force.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
O'Connor was disciplined for his actions. He recently resigned from the force. "

SADLY he had to resign to no longer be on the force...as opposed to being fired for his "how not to respond" actions. Otherwise, he would still be there. I know that in ANY other service industry (an yes police are SERVICE INDUSTRY) he would have been fired w/o review of the tape.

Just sayin'

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join