It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasered for taking too long to get license!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We need adults on our police forces. While I think most cops are pretty decent in a very high stress job,others have the temperment of a five year old. Psychological testing is critical. I know a friend who is a cop and have come to a conclusion: Like my friend you have some one who just wants to help people. Then you have the ones who are into powwer tripping, they like to control others. Those are the kind of cops I hope to avoid.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Although i feel the police officer did act rash... it did seem like the driver was being a little belligerent. Plus with all of the inaudible stuff going on were not sure what really happened. I'm pretty sure if i was a cop and people werent listening to me or putting their hands where i told them i'd be pretty worried they were pull a gun or knife on me. Regardless though the video does seem that the cop acted rashly...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
whats with this stuff being reported contstantly. I think it is Propaganda, to build support for anarchy/rioting and possibly civil war.

I think people are being led into something here.

It's bad but it been happenening for generations, there was a time when police would hit kids for being naughty, and all people would say is, " he deserved it"

[edit on 10-7-2009 by MR BOB]

'

agreed, I mean I know this stuff is messed up and all, and I don't agree with the cops are doing, but every single time it happens it's posted here, I mean yeah it happens every now and then, their called bad cops.

If this happened to me yeah I would be pissed as hell, sue the police and all, but it's like every time it happens people are like "omg quick show everyone!"

I get the urge to show people this, but every single time? People get so excited over these things.

And the reason he tasered her was because she didn't turn and face the car. Now I don't agree that she had to, but to start to walk up towards the cop was the wrong move, they consider it resisting arrest, and I bet that cop didn't get in much trouble for tastering.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I hate to say it...but unless you're willing to stand up and fight back, this will be more of the norm, not the exception.

Here it is folks, I hope you understand that WE let it get to this point. More and more we are allowing meat head idiots who have served in the military take our protection and serve role to the max. Except, there is no protection, and we're the one's being served our asses on a platter.

So, with all of this complaining about how abusive the police system has become, who is actually going to step up to do something about it?

link   
reply to post by Armisteadmg42

I completely understand the motorists aggravation at being stopped for this. It used to be that the cities had a maximum limit within the city limits! Out side the limits another maximum was set and not a patchwork of differing limits as you drove down the road. What this and other officers are doing is nothing more than revenuing for the locale. It has nothing to do with safety or traffic control. It's to raise the coffers of individuals insurance companies and the drivers rates and those of the municipality itself. Why in hell should we act happy to be screwed with in this manner. So the cop doesn't make your life any more miserable? Like that is legal also!!

Zindo

[edit on 7/10/2009 by ZindoDoone]

link   
I think its a Requirement for someone to be an [snip] in order to join the police. Here in England anyway

I noticed how he said "Ive got ONE of THEM tasered" twice. Obviously, he's placing a social barrier between him and the "suspect"
For a simple speeding infringement, he shouldn’t have even got his taser out i dont think (Though in America its probably normal for them to do that?) The guy didn’t even give the women half a chance to get what he asked for but i was amused that she apologised for him having a bad day XD

Guys badge should be taken from him and inserted into his rectum.

Mod Edit: Removed naughty word.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Cops were never the most intelligent beings that plagued our streets.

That's all.

Nope....But it seems like they've always had plenty of bullets.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/353fe76fcde2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here is what I have to say about this incident.

What this "police officer" did was way over the line when it comes to force. I know a few cops around my area and they are as calm as can be when it comes to stuff like this. So what if it took almost thirty seconds for her to get her liscense and insurance papers together. He didn't really need to taser the woman. Yes, she did have a right to speak to one of his superiors. However, he did refuse to let her have the option to speak with a sergeant or a lieutenant. The reason why he did this was because he knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was going to be in serious trouble. I for one hope that she sued The City of Austin, the Austin P.D., and this jerk of a cop for all that they were worth. Also, I can guarantee that this officer is no longer employeed by the City of Austin, Texas.

It is bad apple cops that give the good cops a bad name.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
sigh..

here's another great example of cops doing a good job where people start crying about racism.

bottom line = cop wins 60/40.

the cop did not have to use teh taser so he loses 30 points. he could easily have left the man sitting in the front seat and waited for backup.

the man had 4 chances to produce the most common things that are asked. the cop even explained why. the female in teh passenger seat even told him to do it. the driver continued to follow the cops instructions and was then tased.

in this case the taser could easily be described as excessive force, he could've used handcuffs. or he could've drawn his weapon and had the driver stay put. however he used means available to him to subdue an obviously mad and erratic person.

so tough [snip], go cry about something else. the next time a cop tells you to do something, do it. instead of crying about your skin color.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Give that man a Psychiatric evaluation. Then fire him. Make sure other departments looking to hire him review the Psych exam.

I predict that it will not be long before citizen watchdog groups shadow known bad cops on the beat and help them to moderate their behavior.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by groingrinder]

[edit on 7-10-2009 by groingrinder]

This IS what needs to happen. To hold them accountable for their sworn duties and actions. Otherwise, people are going to get fed up and start reacting back. This a*hole should be fired and never be allowed to work in law enforcement again, with the exception of occupying a cell in federal prison.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Oreyeon]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moodle
...however he used means available to him to subdue an obviously mad and erratic person.

There's no way you watched the same video that the rest of us did. Mad and erratic?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

sigh..

here's another great example of cops doing a good job where people start crying about racism.

bottom line = cop wins 60/40.

the cop did not have to use teh taser so he loses 30 points. he could easily have left the man sitting in the front seat and waited for backup.

the man had 4 chances to produce the most common things that are asked. the cop even explained why. the female in teh passenger seat even told him to do it. the driver continued to follow the cops instructions and was then tased.

in this case the taser could easily be described as excessive force, he could've used handcuffs. or he could've drawn his weapon and had the driver stay put. however he used means available to him to subdue an obviously mad and erratic person.

so tough [snip], go cry about something else. the next time a cop tells you to do something, do it. instead of crying about your skin color.

So if a cop tells you to jump off of a bridge, you're going to do it? Because believe it or not, there are cops out there that will do stuff like that to you. I have several friends that are police officers, and while they are my friends, they DO take advantage of the power that is granted to them by being a law enforcement officer. One of my officer friends drinks while driving. One of them has bragged to me about how he can make anyone have a bad day if his day is going bad just so he can feel better about his day. Two of my other friends were bragging about how fun it is to taze each other. You have a terribly skewed view of police officers. They are not superior to us. They are people like us, and they come with all of those flaws too. And more often than not, those flaws interfere with their ability to serve the public in a professional manner as prescribed by their oath and duties. Not all cops are bad, but ALOT are, and it's because that badge gives them courage to do whatever the hell they want, whenever the hell they want to do it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
has anyone considered, among countless others, the possibility the person tasered could stumble and fall into traffic? causing highway pileups? getting severe brain injury from the fall?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pilotx
has anyone considered, among countless others, the possibility the person tasered could stumble and fall into traffic? causing highway pileups? getting severe brain injury from the fall?

If that is a concern, then why pull them out of the car in the first place. If the cop is going to pull them out of the car but keep them from falling into traffic, then is tazering them part of their standard procedure?

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What do the police do to you if you tell them you don't have your licence on you? What if you do not own the vehicle?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

the man had 4 chances to produce the most common things that are asked.

Ya he gave her 4 chances all right, 4 chances in like 15 seconds... Thats rediculous. Don't forget you cant be digging around for you documents while he's walking up or still in his car... They don't like that. I can understand why of course, nonetheless one must wait untill you are asked for the documents before you start rumaging around your car for them.

This cop needs to have the book thrown at him

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I watched the video twice and I can't find fault in the way the officer acted. the guy was larger than him and was being obnoxious and getting in his face. I would have tazered him too. Even the chick in the passenger's seat was telling him to calm down.
he deserved it.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by JulieMills]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The "Policeman" had already wrongly assaulted the driver with his own car door,before using the Taser,he was already over the top with his shouting demands,the video title is accurate in the man was tasered,for not getting his papers quickly enough. 70 in a 65 zone,that's pathetic and number plates can and do fall off.
Where is the anarchy,it's a matter of right and wrong,and people should be allowed to see this as many times as it takes,making people who have offered no violence eat dirt is degrading and makes anyone indignant,and that is the rub,those kind of police know that and every time they behave like that it makes you sick,they are the ones who hide behind the law!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You know, anyone can buy a taser for their own use. While watching that video, I was lulled into a little daydream where the passenger gets out of the car and pops a taser shot into the cop.. What would that be? Assault? It's really no different than what he did to the driver. Let's all drive fast and tase each other. Whaddya say?

Next step for the driver: consultation with an attorney. She has a sweet out of court settlement from the City of Austin coming her way. Congrats to Austin for hiring another raging assclown and giving them a taser. There's a bunch on every police force.

By the way, when I was in college, I was stopped for no apparent reason, and absent mindedly reached over the seat to get my license out of my bookbag in the back seat. I quickly found myself staring at the business end of a glock and getting yelled at to show my hands. Turns out my car matched the description of a robbery suspect vehicle and he let me go as soon as he checked my ID and whatnot. So, I NEVER reach for anything including my license and insurance card until the officer gets to my window, then I tell him where it is so he knows where I am going to reach. Perhaps this person had a similar experience which is why they didn't have their papers at the ready for the angry donut muncher.

Clean out your locker, copper. You're fired.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

In my life I've been pulled over a number of times. However, I have always followed the advice in Chris Rocks video.

I've only gotten 2 tickets. One was a fix it ticket.

The other was speeding. The first words out of the officers mouth were "Our plane clocked you at......" I knew I couldn't get out of that one.

So lets review.

1.) obey the law.
2.) be polite.
3.) don't ride with a mad woman.

I loved this video.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join