It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasered for taking too long to get license!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I hate tasers so much. They are only making cops more trigger happy because they think they do little harm and they take control of the situation quickly. I keep on hearing more and more about the abuse of these things.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
whats with this stuff being reported contstantly. I think it is Propaganda, to build support for anarchy/rioting and possibly civil war.

I think people are being led into something here.

It's bad but it been happenening for generations, there was a time when police would hit kids for being naughty, and all people would say is, " he deserved it"

[edit on 10-7-2009 by MR BOB]

Are you for real? Yes people are being led into something. They're being led into the truth, now that these videos are easily distributed across the net for all to see.

"Bad but been happening for generations"?! Doesn't mean it's right. That's what's so great about this stuff getting out. It's been happening for generations, now the masses can learn this, and do something about it.

This person wasn't being "naughty". Oh no, she was going 5 over the limit on the highway. The cop probably did 20 over on the way to his speed trap. It's not this girls fault that he got picked on in high school and washed out of basic training. It's not her fault the only way he can accept his own self image is by using his authority and 50,000 volts to force someone into submission because she wasn't driving while holding her license and insurance in her teeth.

Thanks to this cop, who knows how this woman will react the next time she finds herself in the company of a police officer.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Unit.

I'm falling on the side of the LEO being out of line, too. AND the driver appeared to be male, although a slightly high-pitched voice...stress??

I think the LEO needs the book thrown at him.

The beginning shows the Officer not clearly stating the reason for the stop...first, it's five miles over the limit, then it's the license plate (which appears to be in the rear window, driver's side).

I think this is a clear case of a 'DWB' pull over....and in Texas, go figure!

Now....the driver has friends in the APD....this is going to be good!!!

**adding: Really, the cop is out of control...I thought about it, the stop. The main thing you do is keep your hands in plain sight!!! As the officer is walking up, don't go down, digging with your hands. Wait until told to do so.

Jeeze....I haven't been stopped in so long....I think it's been over twenty years....but it's just common sense.

[edit on 10 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is absurd. tasers were not given to cops for this kind of usage. this kind of cop is gonna get tasers revoked for all officers and as of late u honestly cant say that would be a bad thing. officers have been abusing this kind of force for a while now and the mainstream media usually coversd it up with a joke and makes it look like its not a big problem. (meet the fockers) as for racisim? i could see it but i think that officer would have acted like that regardless of who was in the car.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The final arbiter in these situations will always be the level of punishment, if any, that the officer receives.

But why be stupid in such situations, just comply. If the accusation is unjust you're not going to talk the cop out of it, fight it in court, not in the street.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
First of all. that is the calmest most rational acting person I have ever seen get tazered for no reason. literally for no reason. The cops own body language while he's waiting for back up even says that he screwed up. Slumped over shoulders. classic I'm wrong posture. The cop even doubts himself.

THe young man tazered was a gentleman even after the electricution. Calm, sane, rational. If this every gets into court. which it should. After reviewing the video evidence of this officers felony the judge would have to be crooked as hell to not immediately fire the officer, baring him from any form of work that requires physical aggression, wether it be a cop, FBI, or a bouncer. Then the cop should be placed into jail no parole, and put in general population in a different state. no hanging out with his buddies back at the local jail acting as a trustee. This man needs to be delt with like the scum of society that he is. Removed from the population and locked up for being obviously mentally unstable.

Also, If that were me getting tazered like that with no provocation I would have hunted down that cop and voided the warranty on several home appliances. probably on his shriviled little ... I can take being tazered if I were acting like a jack ass, not for nothing though. Assault is assault. assault with a deadly weapon is a very serious felony and the city attorney needs to do something about this psychopath with a badge. Man talk about putting the ass in assault with a deadly weapon.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
first of all the person was resonably complying the cop was out of control, irrational, insane-literally, and seemed to have forgotten a lot of how the law works.

I don't mind tazers as what they were originally used for which was for safely subduing people on pcp or smething similar. they were a one shot gig. no reloading, no probes on the front, just a pair f darts. and they were only held by the senior lead officer on duty at the time. in the trunk,and had to be called in before it's usage.

Then the assholes over at taser int. decided that it would be useful and should be used as a pain compliance tool. thats ILLEGAL. pain compliance IS torture by definition.

Tazers are used rationally maybe 5 percent of the time. all the rest of the times its a case of big taser small pecker syndrome.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The officer did seem to raise his voice (probably due to the traffic) and the passenger said "just give him your license". The driver then said "No, this guy's yelling at me for no good reason."

All the office had to hear was "No" and that is failure to obey an officer. This is when the cop told him to either produce the license or get out of the car. The driver still did not produce and was ordered out of the vehicle. The driver still did not obey the officer and was tased. And is evident by the video, he was not tased very long nor repeatedly like some abhorrent videos posted here. And, like it or not, the officer was acting within the current confines of the law with his actions.

Should he have been more patient...absolutely. Should he have not used the taser...absolutely. But this is all hindsight.

The lesson to be learned here is not to say something that would indicate that you are not going to comply with a reasonable request from an officer. Producing your license and insurance for a traffic stop is a valid request and there should be no reason to say "no". You're not going to convience the office that his tone is inappropriate, you're only going to make matters worse.

And I look forward to the day when tasers are taken out of the hands of all law enforcement officers. There's simply far too much abuse. And although it can and will be argued if the cop was abusing his power by tasing the driver, the video does show his [driver's] unwillingness to cooperate by stating so. This is the straw that broke the camels back.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDooneYou are incorrect in your perceptions on protect and serve and who that might be:
Protect and serve
More
Another

While it is true that it is a fundamental principle in our model of law that a government and its agents are under no general duty (and therefore no legal liability) to provide public services to any particular citizen... but rather serve to benefit the community at large, it is contrary to the public interest when one specific individual's civil liberties are violated.

The original purpose of our government and laws were to protect the inalienable rights of each citizen from those who are bigger, more powerful, stronger, richer, etc. from taking those away. So long as one individual is denied these inalienable rights then no citizen in our country can be considered free. Freedom is for all, and when but one person is denied Freedom then Freedom fails.

When the government or any of its agents are charged with providing service to the public to serve and protect the community at large routinely neglect that charge against numerous individuals then they have failed to provide that service they are charged to perform in the public interest. Does the common person, or even society on a whole, feel any safer having Law Enforcement supposedly protecting their better interests when events like this occur on a daily basis? Is Law Enforcement serving the public interest when "Don't Tase me bro!" becomes so commonplace that it finds it's way into the English language?

Although under our current legal system this officer may not be legally liable for his actions as a Law Enforcement Officer, as it is not the duty of Law Enforcement to provide service to any particular citizen, it doesn't change the fact that his actions were contrary to the public interest, and that his abuse of power was negligent and should not be tolerated.

Just as our government only has the powers and authority that we the people give to them, the same goes for Law Enforcement. When we the people no longer feel that our interests are being served by Law Enforcement then we have the right to either demand reform or we have the right to have those interests served in other ways or by someone else.

One individual does not have the right to make these demands upon Law Enforcement, but many individuals do.

Just as when one has a dog that gets old and crank and bites anyone who gets near them, you have a choice of either putting that dog down to rest, letting them live and deal with the consequences when they bite someone, or you get another dog that isn't going to bite without reason. The situation we face in our society, in regards to Law Enforcement is exactly the same. Do we put Law Enforcement out of its misery and put it to sleep lest it continue to hurt innocent people, or should we just let it continue and deal with it when they hurt innocent people on a daily basis, or do we look into getting a better behaved Law Enforcement.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
An observation and prediction.

Observation. Tasers were supposed to give LEOs a non-lethal alternative in situations where they would otherwise use their firearms. Does this imply that if the officer involved did not have a taser then he would have shot the driver for failing to be fast enough in producing their license.

Prediction. The officer will be investigated by other police agencies and cleared of any wrong doing.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I normally come down on the side of the cops and think they get too much ignorant abuse from keyboard warriors on the internet. However, this guy is a prize idiot. Clearly in a foul mood for whatever reason, and decides to take it out on this driver.

Assuming there isn't more going on here we don't know about (like he recognized the person and knew they could be violent, or knew they might be carrying a gun, etc) then he should face severe punishment.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
let me guess, the cop was either given a paid vacation, or no repercussion at all.

i think, what would "I" do in a situation like this? i think maybe i would start my car and drive off, call 9-11 report there is a psychotic police officer screaming at me and i am fearful for my safety, then drive to the nearest police station (of course with the Ahole cop following me).

Of course that may just result in a gang beating instead of just being tazed.

its sad we live in a country now that if a cop is having a bad day, they can totally strip you of all your liberty and imprison you, just because they feel like it, and really there is nothing you can legally or physically (without HUGE repercussions) do about it.

Even if these people in the video went to court and pressed charges of aggressive assault and abuse of power against the officer, the most that would happen is they may get a signed apology from the police station (wow a heartless apology, sweet) and the officer would get a paid vacation (poor bastard).

to protect and serve.....

[edit on 7/10/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Reprehensible behavior on the part of the officer. Assuming authenticity.

Oddly, and obviously retouched and edited, the video timer does not match the actual video length.

Just an observation.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How not to be on YouTube getting tazed:

Do what the officer says, and do it promptly. They did not pull you over to discuss why your are innocent.

Save your argument, and fighting for your rights in the Court system. Not to someone armed to the teeth.

This is not a hard concept.

Chris Rock has a great little video with other tips. Warning some bad Language.

[edit on 7/10/09 by Cyprex]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
***Comment censored due to extreme nature***

***Additional Comments censored due to _____***

Thats how I feel about that!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

The original charter of the police in this country was in NYC and other than a Sheriff was and still is to protect the laws of the governing body. NOT the protection of its citizens. The motto' To Protect and Serve' was coined by a PR firm after the riots of LA in the 60's. It was smoke and mirrors for the populace to create a 'smiley' face type image of the police and to calm the masses. It has nothing to do with the true nature of law enforcement. It never has. It is a complete misnomer to believe they are there to protect any citizen unless it's by the officer of his own volition or his conscience!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's an us and them mentality. They only attack the people that they know will not fight back.

Some may say all cops are not bad, but the truth is that if the good cops do not scream about the bad cops, then they really are all on the same side, and that side is not ours.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

im not saying its right, but all i am asking is why is it being picked up on so much lately.

I dont think they are getting worse, rather it is being reported more.

and i am asking if there is a hidden reason, part of something bigger..

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I've been in Law Enforcement for over 20 years, and I'll tell you right now that APD cop brings shame to the entire law enforcement profession. There is no reason why the incident had to escalate that fast and to that point. I'm here to tell you guys right now, that there are some officers out there that don't deserve to be wearing a badge. There are even some in my own agency and let me tell you, they're pretty scary. Even if the Officer in the video did think that he was facing a potentially violent individual, he didn't even take the time to try and verbally de-escalate the situation.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
this makes me sick. all of this, if i ever witness a police brutality, the world will not forget it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join