It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the government caught in falsifying data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
When all governments decided to abandon the gold standard due to more practical expansion of money supply that would encourage dynamic investment, the economists were taken to the task to devise a set of indicators that would measure how the economy is performing and whether it needs more money or less money to keep realistically performing.

But the governments have taken advantage of the new system of creating money supply mainly through excessive borrowing and the result was a destabilization of the economy where cyclical deviations were gaining amplitude heading toward boom and bust cycles. The amplitude and the frequency of these economic oscillations is a direct result of the effort to patch the economy by other means than fiscal restraint, which could lead to changes in the basic rules according to which goods and services are exchanged. A sign of “socialization” of the economy has been already observed.

Since the principles of the capital investment hasn’t gone through dramatic changes, an economic outlook is essential in making a decision when and where to invest; the increasing rate of investment creates business opportunities and assures a healthy economy. In order to usher this conditions, the US government decided to falsify the economic outlook to fool the investors into action, as the following economic outlook clearly indicates.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bddd5005dc7f.jpg[/atsimg]

The red curve of the predicted growth sets 2009 as the bottom of the economic downturn. Then the curve steeply rises in violation of the way it arrived at the bottom. This is not an optimistic outlook; this is a fraudulent manipulation of the parameters that draw the business cycle curves. The truthful, realistic projection is given by the green curve bellow.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee2115748a80.jpg[/atsimg]

The acceptance of the red, fraudulent curve as a reliable outlook would prompt an investor to make a move in the wrong time and lose a good portion of his investment. For those “too big to fail,” the option to ask the taxpayers for help to offset the losses would be the only solution. Are we for another round of big-time bailouts?

The government took a big gamble to woo investors into acting in order to get the economy out of the hospital. If this gamble fails, the consequences would turn really severe.

By manipulating the economic indicators, the US agency responsible for such an act further eroded the trust of the people in the government. I always regarded the idea that we never landed on the moon as a result of mental impairment on the part of those individuals responsible for such a claim. But now, looking at the doctored economic projection, I’m not that convinced that the moon landing wasn’t a hoax.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a120de24271.jpg[/atsimg]

At least the guys at NASA are honest enough to predict another economic downturn around 2013.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Meh, I don't get it. What are you getting at? You're using the same data and projections from the same graph for both the economic and solar cycles?

I saved the OP and all the images.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If anything, this is a great example of how clever cropping and framing of an image with the right words can make it seem to be something it isn't. This sort of things is done all the time by media and even in the corporate world with great success. It reminds me of those flip books you see that have an extreme closeup of like a flower. The reader is asked what the picture is and it looks like a crowd picture or something, then you pull out and see it was the inside of a sunflower.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Stander, 'ol friend...please include the source of your data points...I'm with you so far (I think), but it would help to clarify your argument

[edit on 10-7-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter
Stander, 'ol friend...please include the source of your data points...I'm with you so far (I think), but it would help to clarify your argument

It goes from economy to solar cycles in a quantum leap. Perhaps this is how the CIA communicates out in the open on ATS. Perhaps all we have to do is create more sunspots and the economy will follow suit.

I did look at it as a piece of art making the point by itself falsifying data and presenting the same in different contexts but wasn't sure. If that was actually the intent, I like it much better...and funny too!

I think ATS made so jaded as to realistically consider the possibility of someone trying to pull one over like this and be taken seriously. The MSM? No further points need be made at all about that.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
It goes from economy to solar cycles in a quantum leap. Perhaps this is how the CIA communicates out in the open on ATS. Perhaps all we have to do is create more sunspots and the economy will follow suit.

I did look at it as a piece of art making the point by itself falsifying data and presenting the same in different contexts but wasn't sure. If that was actually the intent, I like it much better...and funny too!

I think ATS made so jaded as to realistically consider the possibility of someone trying to pull one over like this and be taken seriously. The MSM? No further points need be made at all about that.

That made me spit out my diet Dr. Pepper.....Great observation!!!
You are so right, and I should have seen it coming, considering that it is, after all, Stander's primary MO

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

Are you insinuating that I MS-Painted the graph?

I present the esteemed ATS members only with the truth and nothing but the truth. The graph can be re-examined at this link:
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
Are you insinuating that I MS-Painted the graph?

You rock dude....I'll never forget the "bathtub chart"...still makes me laugh out loud..

top topics

join