It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You See What I Do, And What Is It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I am not yet jumping on a Nibiru bandwagon, but, I have noticed in the last few weeks that there is something, repeatedly, showing up in the SOHO EIT 171 Latest Image, it is there everytime too. About 11 'o clock position, there is a small dark spot in the sun's corona area, it is always there, in the same place, every time I look, you have to enlarge the pic to see it, but it is there. Now, if the recent sunspot was larger than earth, I would say this 'spot' is about the size of earth, even though it looks tiny to the eye.

I have circled the spot:

Has anyone else noticed this? What is it?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I have noticed it as well but just dismissed it until you posted about it. It could be a giant rock orbiting the sun. I don't know since I'm no scientist...guess we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JalZhaunlUss

How long ago did you start noticing it? I am wondering how long it has been showing up???

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

About 11 'o clock position, there is a small dark spot in the sun's corona area,
it is always there, in the same place, every time I look,

Please substantiate this claim.

Yes, you have provided one picture. Yes, I see the dark spot. Now, please provide many pictures showing a similar dark spot in the same place.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
There are several more of these dots in the picture. If you follow the shape of the sun down to the left you'll see another one very clearly at around 10:00 and if you zoom in there are several others.

There are 2 of these dots, very noticeable, also just south of where the equator would be on the left side of the sun. They all seem to be in the "light area" just off of the sun... just like your dot.

Whatever it is (maybe something with the "film" or whatever way SOHO takes these pictures), it seems to be normal because they're everywhere.

[edit on 10/7/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Has anyone else noticed this? What is it?

Yes indeed, as mentioned there are a number of dark spots that appear in the same place regardless of when the image was taken. These are known as "dead pixels" and are common defects of CCD chips:
www.gdargaud.net... (forgive the annoying page transition effect)
My guess is that these dead pixels came about as a result of strong cosmic rays slowly damaging the satellite's CCD over the years.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
not an expert in heat and combustion or anything but considering that the sun has a supposed temperature of 11000°F then if these spots where simply "rocks" would they not melt or get sucked into the sun?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
hate to sound like someone denying the existance of UFOs or something but it could possible be a spec of dust or space crud on the lens of the camera? not sure though

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Armisteadmg42

That would be feasible, but this is not just a single shot that it shows up in. It is always there. I wouldn't think that a speck of dust on the lens would stay in the same place for weeks or months.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Yes, there are more, and they also show up in the same area each time. I should have mentioned that to start, but for some reason I think the one at 11 o'clock position it the most interesting.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
You only saw that one speck?

Just by glancing at the photo I saw atleast 4 random specks.

Clean off your lens.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by Armisteadmg42

That would be feasible, but this is not just a single shot that it shows up in. It is always there. I wouldn't think that a speck of dust on the lens would stay in the same place for weeks or months.

Actually, a piece of dust would probably stay on the lens for weeks or months (or years) because there isn't much in space that would remove or move a spec of dust from the lens (if a piece of dust would get on there in the first place.)

In fact, the Mars Rover "Spirit" has had a spot (possibly dust) on or in its nav-cam lens for five years now -- since it landed.

However, it is most likely that the spots you see in the SOHO images are dead pixels on the camera CCD, just like ngchunter said in his post.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
oops...double post

sorry

[edit on 7/11/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

top topics

join