It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you think about it what George W Bush did is nothing new.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Has it ever occurred to you that George W Bush really has only been continuing what our government has started to do since they became imperialist? Ever since WWI, and, even before that, when our government invaded the Philippines our government has always had an international neoconservative slant towards its role with international politics. Hasn't it ever occurred to you that George W Bush was merely just continuing a policy that was started a long time ago... that is still held today by our military whether we would like it or not? Face it. George W Bush, and, plenty of other Presidents like him have been continuing the same foreign policy we've had for centuries. Now, what can we do to change that?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Frank come on. You wanna pose such a loaded question and not offer any solutions that you might think would work? I wanna hear whats going on in YOUR head.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I have quite a few solutions. I'll begin by posting a few of mine...

#1- Get rid of the council on foreign relations. Those people know nothing about foreign politics. These people shouldn't be controlling what goes on behind the scenes. If you listen to their speeches you would know how ignorant they are.

#2- Free trade with other nations. We need to trade more with other nations... we don't need to be the bully of the world. If we see a nation like North Korea who is threatening with everyone we can trade with them and they'll open up. I think everyone is up to open discussions about stuff once they're treated with respect.

#3- Cooperation. I'm not talking about increasing the state's power here. I'm talking about mainly just cooperating, saying, if one state interacts with another, they should mainly cooperate with one another. Too many tensions arise with local politics from one state to another happen, and, a lot of tension seems to arise when other states have problems with themselves. So, states would have to learn how to cooperate with themselves.

#4- We should stop thinking about what we should do first. Just because we see something happening in another nation doesn't mean we should automatically get involved. I don't think we should always be butting into other people's problems unless they call for help. Even then, we shouldn't do it just because we have interests in one side or the other. It would have to be an international crisis.

#5- Stop being the bully of the world. I said this in #4- but- what I mean by that... is simple. We don't need to be everywhere at once. That's what Britain did. We need to end the idea that we must be everywhere and maintain our empire and that if we don't we'll look weak.

Those are my top 5 solutions to the problem that I can think of off the top of my head right now. I think we do need to stop the thought process that we should be everywhere all at once. That's what caused the fall of other empires. They could not control their land. We can't do that either.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

GW just did what he thought was right to protect the country. You cannot fault a man for that.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

George W Bush used 9-11 as an excuse to invade Iraq. He put thousands of troops in harms way. He also did not keep us safe. There was a lot of intelligence and knowledge pre-911 about Osama Bin Laden wanting to use airplanes to attack us, but, as you know, he just ignored it. And then, 9-11 happened! He also could have shot the planes down. He failed to keep us safe.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

He did not fail to keep us safe. There has not been one foreign terrorist attack since 911 on US soil. Now that is results.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

He did fail to keep us safe. He put thousands of troops in harms way. And you're really being off topic with this thread and it isn't being productive... so... unless you have something to add to the topic please don't post in it. The fact is that he didn't keep us safe. He made many of our allies turn against us. He allowed Russia to become basically a super power once again. He didn't really help all that much. All he did was continue an interventionist foreign policy that's harmed us for generations.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

ya he was a great one.
notice the sharks mouth on bush
you're a funny man

drapesofdraft

[edit on 10-7-2009 by randyvs]

[edit on 10-7-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

He did not fail to keep us safe. There has not been one foreign terrorist attack since 911 on US soil. Now that is results.

Since I've kept this Hello Kitty figure on my desk the office has been free of bear attacks. If you too wish to have such 100% bear-proof security I'll sell you my figure for a million dollars. With it there are no bear attacks, without it......can you afford to take that chance?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The military commissions act and the USPATRIOT act were two new things he did. I also think we should hate him for stripping liberty away from the people.

This is America, damn it, not the USSA. I want to be free, even if it means some "terrist" might one day assault my local Walmart.

Edit to add: I'll take one of those anti-bear hello kitty charms!

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
The military commissions act and the USPATRIOT act were two new things he did. I also think we should hate him for stripping liberty away from the people.

This is America, damn it, not the USSA. I want to be free, even if it means some "terrist" might one day assault my local Walmart.

If that's the criteria we should be hating every President for the past 60 years or so. Which, coincidentally, I do.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What are you talking about
The patriot act is new, so is the military commissions act. That was all bush.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Hoover's Federal Reserve took away liberty. FDR tossed a bunch of Japanese folks into camps for being Japanese. Clinton shot a little boy and his mother to death in Idaho. Carter instituted the federal board of ed. and Reagan promised to get rid of it and didnt.

Each one of them expands federal control more and more and never cuts it back. It gets compounded like totalitarian interest. The fed hates every last one of us and each President is complicit if not eager.

Oh, and lets not forget about Echelon.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

And millions died as a result of it.

If you are afraid of terrorists, you truley have been terrorized. An event of 9/11 could occur every single week, yet you still have a bigger chance of being crushed by a vending machine.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I think people are making the fed out to be a bigger problem than it really is. Almost every country in the world has a central bank -- it's just the way we do things now.

As far as the federal board of education goes -- you should send your kids to private schools -- they're way better than public schools. Next time a house/senate vote comes up, talk to the people who are running and see if they support a tax rebate for people who pay for private schooling (after all, they're already paying for public schools with their tax dollar. Why should they pay for schooling twice?)

I don't think any of these instances (except for the internment camps of WWII) compare at all to the military commissions act. Thanks to a majority vote by congress, and vague wording in the legislation, Obama has legal authority to arrest anyone he wants, hold them indefinitely, and try them in a kangaroo court. He's not suppose to be able to arrest Americans, but the wording in the legislation might leave open a loophole to indefinitely detain Americans and try them in a kangaroo courts as well as anyone else in the world. That's pretty serious. Way more serious than the board of education.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Every cent taken and ever power assumed no matter how big or small is just as important as any other. This goes right back to CA and those stupid palm trees. There is no such thing as an unimportant expansion of power. Each one is no less than evil.

top topics

join