It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At This Rate We'll Need To Depopulate!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
With the current events of the last week or so.....of insane stem cell progress with curing heart problems, and the creation of human sperm in the lab.....one has to ask themselves....could this be right? Was it the Right thing to give the go ahead on stem cell research?

What if people grow older and older without the risk of heart problems? (A Leading Cause of Death)

What if people who otherwise could not naturally conceive children miraculously can with the newest in research?

What if the list of things we cure goes on and on?

We stay around longer, we breed more, and eventually we plague the planet.

Hell if the new Triple Vaccination plan of Obama's ?really? can save us from every type of flu....AS TALKED ABOUT HERE ON YOUR TRUSTED "TODAY SHOW":

www.youtube.com...

maybe add another few hundreds of thousands of people who otherwise wouldn't be around to the list.

I really love the idea of curing diseases and ailments, but I don't like the idea of the human race continuing to kill the planet all for the greed of our individual lives. The picture is broader than that folks.

WE HAVE A DUTY.....to make the human race last here on Earth, and to make the Earth last with it! So our future ancestors will get to learn about all the crazy things we dream about.

If you've ever seen the movie Gattaca you see an alternate reality where people can choose natural conception.....or to have an engineered child that will be perfect in every way. Then We're left with two types of people.....with the naturally created as the inferior.....getting the lesser paying jobs.....and advancements in life.

Did the Nazi's do experiments with Stem Cells?

What's To Come?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
How do you suppose we control the world's population?

We could always consider eugenics and prevent "undesirables" from conceiving. Or perhaps we could adopt China's two-child limit. Or even think a little more sci-fi and consider having an age limit were people are terminated once they reach a certain age, a la Logan's Run.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly see where you're coming from. Unfortunately, I'm unable to fathom any realistic approach as how to curb the population.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Does that mean you are going to put up your hand for sterilization before you have children to lead by example?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
By reading what you posted, I am not exactly sure I fully understand your position on the notion...

To me personally... depopulation would be a form of genocide, how can you favor that? We humans just need to be less greedy and adopt the technologies that would use less resources from our planet... you know the ones that big oil buys the patents to and locks away.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you support genocide.. err depopulation, please start with yourself.

-edit- ... with yourself I am strictly referring to not bringing any more children into the world. I did not mean that as taking your own life.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
i say the best way to deal with a rapidly growing population that doesnt result in horrible and gruesome jobs would be colonizing the rest of the universe.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
i say the best way to deal with a rapidly growing population that doesnt result in horrible and gruesome jobs would be colonizing the rest of the universe.

In order for that to actually work we would have to ship women to other planets to give birth there.

Otherwise they would just be populating the Earth.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I understand your point, I think its very difficult to predict what will be the consequences of the development and adoption of these new technologies... I think it will greatly depend on the use that they are given.

Regarding the people that get profoundly oppose "genoside" and stuff like that, let me ask them what is the difference between killing hundreds, millions whatever amount of people you want and destroying all forms of life on earth?? what make them think that we human beings are so special?? the best thing that could happen to life would be:
we human beings stop acting irresponsably and stop thinking that we are superior creatures (I think it will never happen since there are a lot of self interests that direct our behavior)
or that we get extinct (wich will happen sooner or later, not by any supernatural event but by our own actions and all the damage that we "reasonable beings" are commiting)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier10
let me ask them what is the difference between killing hundreds, millions whatever amount of people you want and destroying all forms of life on earth?? what make them think that we human beings are so special??

Humans are special - We are the greatest thing to ever happen to this planet.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

can prove you wrong with one word.....................................
..................MANBEARPIG! he lives in the caves in Colorado and MR, Gore seams to think he is real. Im supper cereal!

however on a for real note I agree with you 100%

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

let me ask them what is the difference between killing hundreds, millions whatever amount of people you want and destroying all forms of life on earth?? what make them think that we human beings are so special??

Prove me wrong.

and there is a pecfect example of the arrogancy that characterize the human beings... tell just ONE benefit that our existance gives to earth

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I really love the idea of curing diseases and ailments, but I don't like the idea of the human race continuing to kill the planet all for the greed of our individual lives.

Do you really think we could damage earth? We are just temporary guests on this chunk of rock. A the end of the day this planet will shake us off like a bad case of the flea's and still keep on turning. Its sounds like its not the planet your bothered about but your living environment.

If people want the world depopulated for the good of mankind then maybe they should kill themselves before they consider having someone else killed.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfmanJ

Some ppl got this all worked out for you.

Most of these pesky humans will be eliminated for the love of Gaia.

It will be coming soon, the only thing you might find a bummer
is odds are your one of the ppl to be shuffled off this mortal coil.

If you wanna read their instruction manual pick up Limits to
Growth by some of the folks over at the Club of Rome.

Good old Al Gore is a member.

And if you wanna see their new ten commandments for those
who live on gaia, as a lot of them like to call it including the
flake crowd on this board.

Here ya go, your prolly gonna dance for joy !

The Georgia Guidestones

So pucker up buttercup, they got big wet kiss of death for about
90% of us coming.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Prove me wrong.

and there is a pecfect example of the arrogancy that characterize the human beings... tell just ONE benefit that our existance gives to earth

You act like the Earth is sentient and requiring of the beneficence of others....

Humans are the best thing to happen to this place. We evolved here and the resources on this planet are ours for the taking.

*Everything humans do is perfectly natural and in sync with nature.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
We just need to put our efforts towards space travel. We can't live on this piece of rock forever with a growing population and diminishing resources. We need to spread out and colonize other planets. There are resources found everywhere in the universe. For example, Helium-3 found on the Moon. One load of Helium-3 from the Moon on a spaceship is enough to power the US for 1 year. Who knows what other resources are out there we haven't discovered.

We simply can't keep our population under a certain level. All it would take is a massive meteor to hit Earth and wipe out all of humanity. Us humans multiply and spread on Earth. It's only natural we spread to other planets. Think of humans as a hermit crab, and the shell as Earth. Once we grow to big for the shell, we must leave the shell and find another home.

Depopulation is not necessary. Depopulation only risks the extinction of our species. Our extinction good/ bad is debatable.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I don't support genocide or depopulation whatsoever. The Title of the post was more so to grab peoples attention. The over all question that some of you are missing.....Is Stem Cell research and technology one big step closer to playing God? And what are the consequences we as a race might have to pay later for cures today? I don't believe we're anywhere near over populated.....some areas maybe....but there's plenty of room to spread out here on earth. Don't miss the big picture.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Does that mean you are going to put up your hand for sterilization before you have children to lead by example?

I'm not really too thrilled about bringing any kids into this world right now. Some highly perscribed drugs have been linked to sterilization......so some of us might not have to raise our hands. Who knows if I'll ever want to bring children into this world.......I know one thing is for DAMN SURE......I wouldn't be using any of the latest Stem Cell Technologies to make my kid some kind of superior being.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Star for you

Good to see that someone else on here knows all about the Georgia Guidestones, Bildergberg, Club of Rome, and New World Order

Folks gotta wake up!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
How do you suppose we control the world's population?

I guess we could start by not trying to control how long people live. Where are 150 year olds supposed to work? How could there retirement plan cover them for that long?

If you can't have a baby...adopt as apposed to using creepy synthetic sperm. There's plenty of children sitting waiting for a good home.

If I'm 80 years old and they want to sup my heart up to go another 30 or so....I think I'll turn down the offer. And go naturally.

My grandfather was 82 when they told him he needed open heart surgery.....he had never been to the doctors. The surgery made him sick and made his last days on earth a living hell....eventually killing him. I think he would have been better off without it.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by WolfmanJ]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I love the ideas that some of you have for colonizing the Universe. Hopefully a technological boom parallel to that of Stem Cell Research will soon send us closer to that goal...or at least headed in the right direction.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfmanJ
I love the ideas that some of you have for colonizing the Universe. Hopefully a technological boom parallel to that of Stem Cell Research will soon send us closer to that goal...or at least headed in the right direction.

A star trek future would be great, but the ppl with their hands on
the strings of the puppets have other plans for us.

They want their one world government, and they want agenda 21.

They want what is in the book Limits to Growth, and what was carved
into the Georgia Guidestones.

These ppl have billions of dollars and near zero compassion for humans.

Go out to google video and watch "Empire of the City", but have a
bucket handy if you got a weak stomach.

That video may not have it 100% right, but some of its hard evidence
that is impossible to refute will give you one giant WTF moment.

Good Luck to you all !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join