It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for debunkers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So the plane was going 400MPH and crashed in to the pentagon ,right?

so why did the lamppost look like the plane hit them at 50MPH? I made a video showing what i mean

here is the plane travelling around 50MPH, it simply knocks it down
www.youtube.com...

This goes well with the photo evidence

This is what would of happened if the plane hit the lamppost at 400+MPH
www.youtube.com...

So ,Why does the photo evidence show the lamppost simply knocked down? like a car hit it? wouldn't the force thrown it forward, far far away?

Sorry for my english

[edit on 10-7-2009 by dino1989]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
well the second one looks like part of it was cleaved off. the main part of the pole is lying on a piece that seems to be cut off by the impact.

The rest have kind of bad angles to judge the damage.

plus, we dont know where the posts were standing (or i dont anyways) so its hard to judge how far they flew due to the impact.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
sorry to say, but this is being discussed more thoroughly in a different thread. no need for a new one. and your home made animations are nice but not near the evidence needed to make a claim.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dino1989
So the plane was going 400MPH and crashed in to the pentagon ,right?

so why did the lamppost look like the plane hit them at 50MPH? I made a video showing what i mean

Becuase that's what lamp posts are supposed to do. They only have four bolts holding the thing down so anythign that would hit it, even a car, will cause the lamp post to break away at the base. They do this so that the inevitable idiot drunk driver will drive right through it, rather than wrap his car around the pole and launch a blizzard of "nothing is ever my own fault" lawsuits.

Those things are meant to light up the highway, not provide an impenetrable barrier against any and all moving objects.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

wouldn't it been ripped a part and thrown far far away

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dino1989

You need to factor in a lot of things like the mass, inertia and ultimate tensile strength of the poles at impact height as well as the failure characteristics of the frangible base mounting. Plus the pressure exerted on the impact point to determine if it was in excess of the pole's UTs.

A good clue is the fact they were all severed (or more precisely ripped apart) at the impact point if you want to determine a figure for how much of the total kinetic energy over the impact point was transferred to the pole before it separated and the base failed. A bit more complex than your animations.

new topics

top topics

join