It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genius Customer Complaint - United Breaks Guitars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is one of the most brilliant customer complaints ever - just as creative as the hilarious Virgin Airlines letter but set to music and uploaded to youtube.

The background:

In the spring of 2008, Sons of Maxwell were traveling to Nebraska for a one-week tour and my Taylor guitar was witnessed being thrown by United Airlines baggage handlers in Chicago. I discovered later that the $3500 guitar was severely damaged. They didn’t deny the experience occurred but for nine months the various people I communicated with put the responsibility for dealing with the damage on everyone other than themselves and finally said they would do nothing to compensate me for my loss. So I promised the last person to finally say “no” to compensation (Ms. Irlweg) that I would write and produce three songs about my experience with United Airlines and make videos for each to be viewed online by anyone in the world. United: Song 1 is the first of those songs. United: Song 2 has been written and video production is underway. United: Song 3 is coming. I promise.

The video:

After something like 750,000 hits in 3 days, United is suddenly willing to talk to him.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
That is the best complaint I have ever saw!

Poor guy. I would have been pissed to. Course customer service is a dead animal in the US anymore.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
That's absolutely brilliant! I hope he goes through with posting the next two vids and I hope it ends up costing United a bundle.

You can't much blame the front line customer service folks. Big companies rarely will empower their employees to rectify things like that. They'll usually get away with it, but sometimes someone figures out a way to make it cost them a whole lot more in the long run.

A perfect example of a way the Internet can be a game changer for the little guy.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'd be madder than a hornet if that was one of my belongings. Thirty five hundred bucks for a guitar ain't cheap. That and if they were giving you the run around, you should have threatened to sue them. Then again, you make a music video about your troubles and then they'll listen.

As for the song......
BRILLIANT!!!

new topics

top topics

join