It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wes Owsley discusses NASA and UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wesowsley
on Paratopia I merely responded to what was your reputation within Russian Operations during my tenure...

I was a real heretic in those days, no doubt about it. And all the promises for the partnership -- the things we were told we'd benefit from -- failed. What I did not anticipate was that unexpected benefits would come into focus, plus factors that have made the project as constituted a productive and valuable effort. I'll post some links shortly.

Wes, have you seen my book, 'Star-Crossed Orbits' (2002) about the US-Russian 'space alliance'? I'll mail you a free copy -- you can message me at U2U.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I miss that part of being there alot! Shep's bar contains my signature! I don't know if its still in the basement of the cottage at GCTC but I would assume its still there...I will ask and see if they moved it.

"Make Mine a Double!"

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I have not...but would love to read.

I don't want anyone to think that everything was all roses during that period...to be honest I spent a lot of my time being pissed off that the waste of money and manpower. But I was always reminded that we were but another arm of US Foreign policy.

While I understand your concerns for safety in Russia and the way they do things, I would counter that you have to appreciate not only there determination and well...really making things happen out of shear will power, but also their performance under what could only be described as difficult circumstances. Oh the things I have seen done with T.V. Antenna wire!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Wes, glad you are able to stop in here at ATS. I can attest to the fact that Jim has thick skin and is not easily rattled. Watch this....Jim your a turd.....see, nothing, its like he is made of stone or something, lol. Jim gets hacked on a lot by the believer crowd on here, if only because he uses logic, reason and common sense (something that is in short supply around here at times). I know he is starting to get through to some of them though, and that is no small miracle.

During your years in Russia, did you ever hear any scuttlebutt about how many cosmonauts have died in the line of duty? I have long believed that many, many more than we know gave their lives unwillingly to the early, reckless days of the Russian space program. Can you offer some insight on this, even if it is just your humble opinion having been there and all?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I too believe that many more than reported have died in the line of duty. Nothing I can prove but just a feeling...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
For Zorgon:

www.db.ripe.net...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's really quite an honor to be in the (electronic) presence of two ex-NASA guys. Very cool!!!! Astronomy has always fascinated me, so i'll be following this little convo with much interest
Thanks guys!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
reply to post by bananasam

Thanks for the post.

Wes actually found us (came to our message board if I remember correctly), and we immediately asked for proof of his statements of working for NASA. Unlike most of the UFO crowd, the man actually had a verifiable background, and sent us immediately several items of verification. I still have all these items, but I'm not sure what ones I can share without consulting Wes about the personal nature of more than a few of them.

I'm glad to see you here! Thanks for bringing along Mr. Owsley as well and keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

FYI-that bait no longer hooks. I don't entertain discussing that garbage since all pertinent info is now available on IIGWest's site (which I contributed data to) showing that junk for what it is.

Uh huh... well it got you here

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So, feel free to pepper with questions...I will be more than happy to verify my background as much as possible within reason.

Just a couple right now...

What, in your position at NASA, qualifies you to speak on what the NAVY may or may not be doing in space?

IF there were any secret space programs being run, what clearance level did you have that would have seen you read in to any such possible program...

Thanks

And if Jim is satisfied your an ex NASA buddy I will take his word. If nothing else Jim is 'persistent'

OH and your thoughts about this one... especially the comment about DARPA HAS been doing it

www.foxnews.com...

Thanks

[edit on 17-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I know for sure that are more conventional orientated craft that far exceed the published top speed of the SR-71. Don't know what niche they fill that is not better served by satellites, or what military role they would play in a conflict zone....other than getting men/material somewhere REAL quick, lol. But then there is the support facilities that would be needed on both the send and receive that would significantly limit the vehicles flexibility.

Now, if it can be a direct to orbit in a single stage vehicle then I can see some potential, if for anything else than to serve as a taxi cab or something similar. The only thing I don't understand is why these things are sitting on the back burner while NASA uses old technology (space shuttle). Or why anyone in their right mind would think that the Orion project was a good direction to go in?

Another question, Wes. I can't remember if you spoke about this in the interview or not, but did you get any information, even if only a result of casual conversation, that the Russians had interest in UFOs? If not directly, did you ever get the feeling that they knew more than they let on?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I doubt Ritzman would do a 2 hour show with a fraud, and this guy does talk a good game.

Well we could ask Ritzmann

I can say the magic word three times and he will appear to settle this yes?

Billy Meier Billy Meier Billy Meier

There that ought to do it

Gee. Or you could just listen to the episode where we very clearly state that we vetted him right at the beginning. What is the mystery here?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ritzmann said: "When we had Rich Dolan on, he posited a Secret Space program as well..."

And you know how many people are asking for his credentials? Zero.

Know how many Hoagland bleevers ask for his credentials? Zero.

Hell Bob Lazar, Dan Burisch, Robert Dean--these guys can't prove anything. What do they get for it? Speaking tours. Burisch is a proven liar. Lazar is a proven liar (unless the secret government used their time machine to take him out of his college yearbook.) Still, they could speak at any UFO conference they want with one phone call.

And don't even get me started on Stan Romanek.

So why is it that when a man who doesn't promote the zany or unprovable stories, a man who is clearly intelligent and well-versed in what he speaks--why is it that when that guy opens his mouth he has to prove who he is six ways from Sunday? Why is he regarded with undue suspicion? Are you kidding me?

And you wonder why the mainstream scoffs at us?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Uh huh... well it got you here

No it didn't smart boy, the OP wrote me and asked me to comment.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni
Ritzmann said: "When we had Rich Dolan on, he posited a Secret Space program as well..."

And you know how many people are asking for his credentials? Zero.

Know how many Hoagland bleevers ask for his credentials? Zero.

This fellow is relatively new to scene, unlike those others.

In any case, It seems that Mr Oberg is confident that Mr Owsley checks out. (he is who he says he is, according to Mr Oberg)

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ok all...let me start by addressing some stuff that I would like to get out of the way before I begin answering questions.

This is the material I can speak about with authority. NASA's Operations in Russia 1996-2001. The NASA/MIR Program Missions 5,6, and 7. The Transitition to and implementation of the ISS Program within Russia including the construction of facilities to server as a backup Mission Control Center in Korolev, Russia (TsUP). Russian Cosmonaut and American Astronaut Training in Russia. International Cooperations with partner programs in Russia. Day to Day life in the NASA/Russian Space Program and finally NASA's Cooperation with the Russian Space Agency.

I am currently actively pursuing...UFO Activity over the Balkan Penninsula (Where I have a home in Varna, Bulgara). Historical evidence of UFO Sightings from the Thracian period through Roman and the Second Bulgarian kingdom periods. Russian UFO Research and sightings in the Ural Region. Expanding the sightings over the Gulf Breeze area to include sightings in Southern Mississippi and Alabama during the same period.

As I stated on Paratopia, I have an interest in the UFO topic that dates back from childhood. While living the dream of working in the space program, I figured out that I had an oppurtunity to pursue the subject with individuals that I felt should know something about it. For periods of time, I had access to individuals from Dan Goldin (NASA Director at the time) on down to Facilities guys and everyone in-between. Hell..I was even on a van ride of more than 2 hours alone with then JSC Director George Abbey (A rather scary guy I might add) During this time, I was not familiar with the peculiar universe that is "Ufology," and the people within it, so I sought out the most visible people I heard on coast-to-coast. All of whom wouldn't really talk to me and just didn't reply to my emails (even though they would have been coming from a nasa.gov email address). I was fortunate enough during my time there to work with on a daily basis and befriend several American Astronauts and Russian Cosmonauts, as well as several Astronauts of various other nationalities. All of whom were extraordinary people. I also worked with several pilots of various militaries who were performing various duties in the Moscow Area. This includes one individual who was a pilot who performed security patrols for the groom lake facility out of Nellis Air Force Base. Additionally, during this period my college roommate was stationed with a squadron of F-16s at Luke Air Force Base in Phoenix, and we maintained regular contact.

My definition of a "Secret Space Program." In my world this includes the following; Moon Bases, Bases on Mars, manned missions to Mars or other planets, alien contact and alien cooperation with our space program, UFO bases, USO Bases, Regular bases that belong to us but house alien craft. My definition does NOT include, Satellites, experimental aircraft or launch platforms and finally the actual space programs being conducted on this our planet.

My intention on going on Paratopia was to simply say...there is nothing to this, don't waste your research time, this is all bunk. I went on Paratopia because I believe those guys to be genuine seekers of the truth. I did not go on the program to seek publicity. As someone on this thread was correctly pointing out, it would have been incorrect for me to accuse Mr. Oberg of seeking publicity now that he was out of the program, when I am doing the same thing. That's hypocracy. As Jeremy can atest, I have turned down the chance to speak on Coast to Coast, and several other podcasters have contacted me since my appearance and I have turned them down as well...for that very reason.

Now to answer some questions....

(End Part 1.)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni
Gee. Or you could just listen to the episode where we very clearly state that we vetted him right at the beginning. What is the mystery here?

And this would prove what? Anyone can say anything these days... I prefer hard documents to someone just saying so

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni Why is he regarded with undue suspicion? Are you kidding me?

Oh give it a rest will ya? I have asked for those people's credentials as well... just recently with Bob Dean I asked surely he has a photo of himself in uniform... someone produced that...

So it seems you have an agenda against those you mentioned... fine but why not just present your case rather than waste your breath denounce everyone else?

Make one tend not to take you very seriously

Well carry on with your agenda...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

No it didn't smart boy, the OP wrote me and asked me to comment.

Hmmmm well we shall see... but if you ask me the whole thing smells of a setup

In my opinion, of course

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

For periods of time, I had access to individuals from Dan Goldin (NASA Director at the time) on down to Facilities guys and everyone in-between. Hell..I was even on a van ride of more than 2 hours alone with then JSC Director George Abbey (A rather scary guy I might add)

Those must have been interesting times.

However, I do not believe that these men acquired their positions by telling information to people without being cleared to do so or by conveying information to those individuals who lack a need to know.

In this regard I would also like to reiterate Zorgon's questions:

"IF there were any secret space programs being run, what clearance level did you have that would have seen you read in to any such possible program?"

and

"What, in your position at NASA, qualifies you to speak on what the NAVY may or may not be doing in space? "

Thanks for your time.

And welcome to ATS.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join