It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wes Owsley discusses NASA and UFOs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
On Paratopia they did another interview, this time with ex NASA employee Wes Owsley. He happens to be interested in the subject of UFOs so they picked him. He said a few things about him and other guys there are pretty interested in UFOs, and there's nothing wrong with that in the company culture, however it is important to not publicize anything under the NASA name. As he says, NASA is hesitant to be represented by several dedicated researchers for every one Steven Greer that shows up (note, the Steven Greer reference was picked up by the Paratopia hosts, who particularly discredit the guy throughout their shows and is used as example of the classic Bob Lazar scenario) He also went on further to state that, in his opinion, NASA would welcome an open ET presence, since it would bring tremendous funding to NASA.

Also remember that woman Carol on the Disclosure Project? Owsley said he highly doubts NASA would release pictures with airbrushed parts on them, referencing to it being like releasing a book with missing chapters and expecting nobody to pick that up.

It's all a very reasonable judgment, and he's not making any bullet proof statements, but he's not really claiming anything as fact. It's speculation, but remember, he has an infinitely better idea of NASA's operations than most people do.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Very good post fellow synonymous.and it somehow rings quite true and sincere to me.the one line that strikes me odd though is the one that says not publicize any ufo theme under nasa name.why???do they fear this will hamper their credibility somehow?and if they do find somehting how will they forward it?good post

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Thanks
Well, they fear that one crazy nut guy, despite there being plenty of legitimate sources. All it takes is one, apparently.

Also, I would like to add to the discussion that even though he doubted Carol Rosin's commentary, she also has a long history and credibility in her field and probably would not be saying things that are wild unless they were perceived to be true at one point, I am guessing. Otherwise her career would really be hurting since then.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bananasamthis time with ex NASA employee Wes Owsley.

Thanks for providing the link so we all know what this post is about

Wes Owsley Challenges the Secret Space Program
paratopia.podbean.com...

Hmmm so exactly who is this Wes Owsley? Can't find him listed in any of the NASA searches I did... do we have any credentials to check or is this another case of someone claiming to be something they are not? Remember Ken Johnston issue with Enterprise mission? Jim Oberg traced that down...

Funny how Wes spends so much time explaining that once you leave NASA you are an outsider... then spends some in depth time attacking Jim Oberg's character...

Then admits he himself is now an outsider?

What position exactly is "Ex-NASA SysAdmin for Russia." and why is there nothing on that position at any NASA source?

Everything he sorta says on that show... is info easily available on the web... heck most of it is in my posts and on my site...

If this guy is the real deal I for one need to see some proof... Jim I know and can check... his stuff is public record... and though he and I may not be on the same side of the fence on most things
at least he has credibility...

So anyone know this guy? Lets see the badge
Only thing I see on this guy is the podcast and his twitter and face book page

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bananasamand he's not making any bullet proof statements, but he's not really claiming anything as fact. It's speculation, but remember, he has an infinitely better idea of NASA's operations than most people do.

So what your saying is he isn't really saying anything just speculating like we all do here... but he is better at it because you just take his word as an 'Ex-NASA SysAdmin for Russia' which I am sure gives him access to all the secrets of the Russian space program and UFO files as well as NASA's secrets?

Well since it wouldn't let me post a comment at Paratopia maybe it can be answered here

Let him explain this...
www.pbs.org...

And tell me about all the NASA stuff that happens here...

www.smdc.army.mil...

Assuming he has been 'read in' to those

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by bananasamand he's not making any bullet proof statements, but he's not really claiming anything as fact. It's speculation, but remember, he has an infinitely better idea of NASA's operations than most people do.

So what your saying is he isn't really saying anything just speculating like we all do here... but he is better at it because you just take his word as an 'Ex-NASA SysAdmin for Russia' which I am sure gives him access to all the secrets of the Russian space program and UFO files as well as NASA's secrets?

Well since it wouldn't let me post a comment at Paratopia maybe it can be answered here

Let him explain this...
www.pbs.org...

And tell me about all the NASA stuff that happens here...

www.smdc.army.mil...

Assuming he has been 'read in' to those

Just because I don't take a stance on something doesn't mean you have to make one for me.

Saying he has a better idea of NASAs operations doesn't imply he has better knowledge of black projects. All it says is that he has the capability to measure the logistics or feasibility from an outside perspective, and whether he's wrong or right nothing is for sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bananasam
Just because I don't take a stance on something doesn't mean you have to make one for me.

Well sorry but I found your thread because I was just about to do a thread on this guy and yours came up in search so too bad

And if you don't want opinions why open a thread

Saying he has a better idea of NASAs operations doesn't imply he has better knowledge of black projects. All it says is that he has the capability to measure the logistics or feasibility from an outside perspective, and whether he's wrong or right nothing is for sure.

And how do you know he really worked for NASA?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You can FOIA to confirm employment and job description -- for him and for me and for anyone.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

True... and I have sent some emails already (it's convenient how they do it online these days), but surely the presenter (not meaning the OP in this case) should volunteer such info? I mean they are making the claims and even Ken Johnston provided docs, such as they were

[edit on 15-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Jim, do you know or ever him of him in your NASA circles?

I doubt Ritzman would do a 2 hour show with a fraud, and this guy does talk a good game.

Assuming everything is on the up and up here, his speculation on some advanced aircraft and whatnot are more accurate than most know. He either trolled the net before the interview, took some lucky guesses, or may have enough "inside time" to pretty accurately follow technology in his area of interest, and logically draw conclusions as to future or current black projects.

Is was a specially interesting show for me, as he talked and speculated about some things that I have first hand experience in, and he wasn't far off...except he actually took the safe route and underestimated the advancement of some of the stuff he spoke about

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I doubt Ritzman would do a 2 hour show with a fraud, and this guy does talk a good game.

Well we could ask Ritzmann

I can say the magic word three times and he will appear to settle this yes?

Billy Meier Billy Meier Billy Meier

There that ought to do it

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I dropped him a line, we'll see if he stops in.

I guess the reason I connected with this episode so much is the fact that it flowed really well, and they it doesn't really go off the deep end of believability for the most part.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
interesting show

i am wondering if this ufo footage from Gulf Breeze, Florida is the one Jeff was talking about ?

also i noticed in the conversation about high tech secret craft , nobody mentioned anything about area 51 and Lazar or the possibility's of project parer clip. it would be kind of silly to assume that those German NAZI scientists just stopped working on UFO type craft.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I dropped him a line, we'll see if he stops in.

I guess the reason I connected with this episode so much is the fact that it flowed really well, and they it doesn't really go off the deep end of believability for the most part.

My first problem with the interview was before Wes even really started he began bashing. Now I know Hoagland and others are favorite target, but he surprised the heck out of me when he attacked Jim Oberg and for quite some time as well. That makes no sense, especially when Wes himself is now an 'outsider' himself. Kind seems like shooting your own troops

But it just put Jim one notch higher in my books

BTW I tried posting a comment there and it bumped me out with a 'token expired' screen WTF?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bananasam

Thanks for the post.

Wes actually found us (came to our message board if I remember correctly), and we immediately asked for proof of his statements of working for NASA. Unlike most of the UFO crowd, the man actually had a verifiable background, and sent us immediately several items of verification. I still have all these items, but I'm not sure what ones I can share without consulting Wes about the personal nature of more than a few of them.

However I can share this one which he sent:
Network World Magazine

I can check with Wes and see what else I'm allowed to post publicly. He sent several items that sufficiently proved to me he was exactly who he said he was. Otherwise we wouldn't have entertained having him on at all.

I don't necessarily agree with Wes on the notion of there not being a secret space program, and some of the issues he mentioned against there being such a program, seemed to depend upon conventional spaceflight needs and requirements. He did however make other valid points.

At the end for me, I'm still undecided if there is such a program we don't know about. Of course the other easy answer is if there was, would Wes have been exposed to it? I don't know, so I leave the door open as a possibility.

When we had Rich Dolan on, he posited a Secret Space program as well, and I argued the point that if such technology were in the hands of someone, there would be 2 instances for it's use: Capitalism, or Domination. And I don't see that happening - we're not surrounded by ultra tech that keeps us all in line. Although, who knows, maybe they're still building it.

as far as the show...
We don't work with unnamed or unverified sources or the common plethora of charlatans and kooks that proliferate the field, and we don't engage those same elements in on-air debate - which only validates them as valid to discuss or debate with. It might be good radio, but it's not progressing the study whatsoever. You're better off to laugh at the ridiculousness than acknowledge it.

In terms of UFO guests, we've had a couple of experiencers on (besides that the show is also hosted by 2, Jeremy and Myself), but the researchers we have had on have only been the top notch people. But, we also go outside the prospective "paranormal" fields, such as with guests like Dr. Dennis McKenna, and have had other NASA connected guests such as Dr. Greg Matloff.

These outside the field professionals also have valuable insights and alternate theories to be brought into the research community - because as far as I'm concerned progress on this study of UFO's isn't going to come from inside what we call the "UFO field", if there even is such a thing.

Dr. Matloff's bio:
Dr. Greg Matloff, a leading expert in possibilities for interstellar propulsion and is a tenured astronomy professor with the physics department of New York City College of Technology, CUNY, a consultant with NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, a Hayden Associate of the American Museum of Natural History and a Corresponding Member of the International Academy of Astronautics. He co-authored with Les Johnson of NASA and C Bangs Living Off the Land in Space (2007) and has authored Deep-Space Probes (2000 and 2005). As well as authoring More Telescope Power (2002), Telescope Power (1993), The Urban Astronomer (1991), he co-authored with Eugene Mallove The Starflight Handbook (1989).

His papers on interstellar travel, the search for extraterrestrial artifacts, and methods of protecting Earth from asteroid impacts have been published in JBIS, Acta Astronautica, Spaceflight, Journal of Astronautical Sciences, and Mercury. His popular articles have appeared in many publications, including Analog. In 1998, he won a $5000 prize in the international essay contest on ETI sponsored by the National Institute for Discovery Science.

Other guests have been Richard Haines and Ted Roe of NARCAP, Bruce Maccabee, Kevin Randle (note: we didn't talk about Roswell with Kevin), Ted Phillips of the Center for Physical Trace Research...and so on. So, we don't much fool around. So far we've had a great time.

We treat these days a wider prospective of UFOs and paranormal events, and often the conversations get real deep real fast. The notion of connective threads between ghosts, UFOs, and other unexplained phenomena is highly discussed - as well as the nature of perception and the role it plays in all this.

At any rate, Wes provided plenty of proof to us about his background so I didn't have any issues with him as a guest. I'll alert Wes to this thread, and he can chime in if he desires.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well we could ask Ritzmann

I can say the magic word three times and he will appear to settle this yes?

Billy Meier Billy Meier Billy Meier

There that ought to do it

FYI-that bait no longer hooks. I don't entertain discussing that garbage since all pertinent info is now available on IIGWest's site (which I contributed data to) showing that junk for what it is.

Horn continues to email his juvenile taunts and nonsensical crap and I simply ignore them - which I've found is the best way to handle that venomous goof.

I learned my lesson in the sense of even trying to talk sense to some people - some don't want it. So, why bother force feeding demonstrable facts to those who vomit it up like bad Chinese food, and why aggravate myself in the process?

No point. Just counterproductive.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I've seen no reason to doubt Owsley worked where he said he did.

A lot of the NASA 'Russian partnership' people were mighty pissed at me for being skeptical of the trustworthiness of the Russian partners.

I was in the NASA doghouse by late 1997 when I testified to Congress about what I saw as a decaying 'safety culture' there, with flight decisions being made for diplomatic and political motives overriding safety concerns. And I had been filing reports that the Russians were filing false safety/reliability reports with the joint program.

Not using any information from my day job, I had assessed the Nov 1996 Russian Mars probe debacle, and went public with my assessment that the probe and its heat-shielded plutonium-powered nuclear batteries had crashed to Earth in the Andes Mountains near the Chile-Argentina border. Nobody ever searched for them, or even warned the local inhabitants -- instead, both Moscow and Washington stuck to the charade that the craft had crashed safely into the deep Pacific Ocean.

I also helped a 60 Minutes news crew investigate half-million-dollar mansions being built by Russian space officials with siphoned western money (including NASA money), to the point that one cosmonaut jabbed me in the chest one day in the Houston cafeteria and warned me it was "dangerous to write about these subjects", explicitly mentioning the Russian mafia's involvement.

My job in Houston just got harder and harder and finally one day I'd had enough and walked out.

But a lot of folks who were deeply committed to the Russian alliance had gotten very, very mad at me.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Greetings all,

Jeff Ritzmann contacted me today regarding this thread and thought it might be constructive for me to chime in...as this thread seems to be about me!

So, I will forwarn everyone that unfortunately my career dictates near constant travel but as I can, I will be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has about my time in the space program or the conversation I had with Jeff and Jeremy.

This is the first time I have visited the Above Top Secret website so forgive me for not being aware that Jim Oberg is part of the conversation here...I have wanted to speak to him for some time so the pleasure will be all mine.

So, feel free to pepper with questions...I will be more than happy to verify my background as much as possible within reason.

Warmest Regards,
Wes Owsley

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I agree that there was and probably still is a large amount of corruption on both sides of the ocean involving the space program. I know about the mansions/dacha's built by RSA/GCTC people...and your right...they exist. Since I have never met you personally I want to make it clear up front that I have nothing against you...on Paratopia I merely responded to what was your reputation within Russian Operations during my tenure. I have never seen your 60 minutes peace. If it is on youtube or google video, perhaps you could provide a link so that I can catch it.

Thanks,
Wes

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wesowsley
So, I will forwarn everyone that unfortunately my career dictates near constant travel but as I can, I will be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has about my time in the space program or the conversation I had with Jeff and Jeremy.

Anybody who has served in the Moscow Support Group, especially in the days of Shuttle-Mir, starts off in my book with a surplus of bonus points. And as ATS folks can assure Wes, I have a thick skin and don't get insulted easily...

So how's the entertainment at Shep's Bar these days?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join