It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images of North Korea's Kim Jong Il show his health has taken dramatic turn for the worse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Images of North Korea's Kim Jong Il show his health has taken dramatic turn for the worse

www.timesonline.co.uk

At his latest public appearance yesterday Kim Jong Il, the supreme leader of North Korea, was deathly — a scrawny, gaunt, almost skeletal figure...The skin hung slack around his jaws and neck and he walked with the limp that was in evidence at his last public appearance.

It was clear then that Mr Kim had suffered an episode of severe ill health, apparently a stroke in August that removed him from public view....his health has since taken a drastic turn for the worse.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well, we all get sick and die, and he isn't a young man anymore. I've heard he has, shall we say, "appetites" similar to those which did in the late Michael Jackson. If so, he's probably not long for this world.

Desperate people nearing the end are often prone to erratic behavior, and this is particularly disturbing in the case of a supreme dictator of a probably-nuclear-armed state. While I still think the North Korean situation is over-hyped in terms of danger, I find this sort of news rather disquieting. And then there is the question of his succession, and any possible chaos or power-wrangling that could follow a sudden loss of such a figure in what is probably the world's most bizzare and Orwellian society.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Jeez, what's wrong with him? His health is real bad since his other pics. He doesn't have much longer to go out with a bang, like some think will happen.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I cant seem to get the link to work but i agree with the O.P.Kim has been acting increasingly bizarly,even for him.I'd like to know what his generals are thinking about his failing health and NKs diplomatic isolation.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It seems to be working again. If not, try copy and pasting the link into the URL bar.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 10/7/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

While I still think the North Korean situation is over-hyped in terms of danger, I find this sort of news rather disquieting.

There's nothing more scary than a crazy little man with a big bomb that just happens to be dying. Any other time I wouldn't give him much thought but now, I hope he doesn't want to go out with a bang.
Flag and star...

[edit on 10-7-2009 by wyleecoyote]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
It seems to be working again. If not, try copy and pasting the link into the URL bar.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 10/7/2009 by C0bzz]
I managed to get to the site but still no pic with story.Btw,cant cut/paste with a mobile phone...but i can download video from youtube!PS.Thanks for the link.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Maybe he bought a IronGym....

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the poor little guy. I hope he gets well soon.

I forgot the /s

[edit on 10-7-2009 by tim1989]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim1989
I feel sorry for the poor little guy. I hope he gets well soon.

Why would you feel sorry for him, of all people? He has chosen his path. The people I feel sorry for are the thousands/millions that he tortures, kills and threatens everyday to keep his power over them.

[edit on 10/7/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
On one level I feel sorry for any creature that suffers in this universe.

The first noble truth of Buddhism: "Life is Suffering."

In a more relative sense, the man himself has failed in his duty as an even-keeled leader of his nation. He's been completely inflexible and lives in a more and more isolated country that almost literally caught in a time warp...then there is the horror of the starvations and simple years of poor harvests. The fall of the global Soviet system was the beginning of their woes; in the 70s shockingly enough they even ranked higher than South Korea on on the UN OECD lists as a more developed nation. By the late 90s the country was in the grip of a deadly famine; there have been fat and thin years since but never really enough. And yet Kim, his family, and their minions seem to live an almost Versailles-like life, moving from mansion to mansion (I think he has over 20 of them stashed away here and there).

His dad and the men that founght with him were tough as nails. The same man responsible for the Tokyo Firebombings that killed hundreds of thousands, Curtis LeMay, was basically given free reign in the Korean War to bomb the north to smilthereens. Literally 99% (I'm not making that figure up) of the North's urban infrastructure was bombed. The men who emerged alive and as leaders in that war had been tested hard. In fact, anyone who survived at all was exceptional in some way at least.

The next generation...well, I don't know,but the Stalinism never died in North Korea when it did in almost every other communist nation in the mid-50s. When your dad is something like a god-king who can do no wrong, it must be a bizzare childhood --- especially when you realize the same will be the case someday for you.

China kind of "takes care of them" to some extent when things get really bad. There is an experimental zone of limited capitalism in the Northwestern area of the nation. I doubt they will be in their little bubbble much longer...when they join the world I expect a massive business opportunities, but the way. How's your Korean?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If he isn't already dead, he will be soon. Even when he does die, i could see TPTB in NK keeping him alive in the public eye long enough to launch whatever campaign they have planned.

They will attach him to strings and walk him around like a marionette.

Weird how hes disintegrating and his face is falling off. Those are the characteristics of a dead person. or an old person, but still the situation warrants some speculation as to weather or not hes alive.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X2
If he isn't already dead, he will be soon. Even when he does die, i could see TPTB in NK keeping him alive in the public eye long enough to launch whatever campaign they have planned.

They will attach him to strings and walk him around like a marionette.

Weird how hes disintegrating and his face is falling off. Those are the characteristics of a dead person. or an old person, but still the situation warrants some speculation as to weather or not hes alive.

Actually, bizzarely enough, his long-dead father is still officially the supreme ruler of the nation "for All Eternity." He has the title "Great Leader." The current Kim is merely the "Dear Leader."

Who needs marionettes when you can just declare the dead to still hold office?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Actually, bizzarely enough, his long-dead father is still officially the supreme ruler of the nation "for All Eternity." He has the title "Great Leader." The current Kim is merely the "Dear Leader."

Really? I didn't know that. I wonder what happens when all the leader positions have been filled up with dead guys. Hmm, they won't get much done!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

maybe they can get an army of renegade Korean ghouls goin? No amount of radiation will stop them!

top topics

join