It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bikies 'treated like persecuted Jews'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Bikies 'treated like persecuted Jews'

www.news.com.au

BIKIES have compared themselves with persecuted Jews and victims of South Africa's apartheid in a video protesting against new anti-bikie laws.

In Australia, another bikie says: "You can be branded a criminal just by talking to declared people, even if you haven't committed a crime."

A bikie with heavily tattooed forearms says, "I thought I lived in a country where I wasn't discriminated against because of the colour of my skin."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There's been a recent media beat-up about bikie gangs. Not long ago, a bunch of bikers bashed another bikie to death at Sydney airport, in public.

It seemed to be a bit of in-house cleaning amongst themselves... too bad that they chose such a public place to do it. Typically, the media then make out that every biker is bad, evil and a criminal. Woe, fear unto us all that we should be bashed by a biker!

Compared with crimes committed by the rest of society, I'd like to see any statistics that prove bikie gangs are something to significantly worry about.

While these bikie do have a point about the laws being introduced to limit them, I don't agree with their analogy. Comparing themselves with persecuted Jews isn't the smartest thing to say.

They are having their rights stripped from them but they're not being hauled into gas chambers - yet.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
In America I'm almost positive you'd get beat up for calling a biker a bikie lol.

The problem here is there are real biker gangs running drugs and killing people...

But there are SO MANY MORE 30-60 year old wannabe's with real jobs, that you'd be picking a needle out of a haystack!

I do like the tattooed guy saying he was getting discriminated because of the color of his skin, I lol'd.

However, it is true.

In Australia are there a TON of "bikers" or are the only bikers you see, real m f'n bikers?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
In Australia are there a TON of "bikers" or are the only bikers you see, real m f'n bikers?

Most of the bikers I see on the roads are your typical weekend warriors, harmless.

Sure, there are a core element of bikers who are criminals. Just like there is a core element of criminal politicians, police, judges and lawyers, etc... I don't see how the bikers could traffic more drugs than the corrupt cops do.

I know it's against ATS policy to discuss legalising drugs, so I'll merely state that if most of the crimes that biker gangs engage in are 'drug related', then I wouldn't be too concerned. No further discussion on that topic though, as I know the MODS lay down the smack very quickly.

Biker gangs are easy to pick on, as they stand out by their appearance. The moral mojority have every reason to fear them, as much as they enjoy being fearful of everything else. It's another step to take away the rights of the common person, by firstly bleeding away the rights of 'undesirables'. Step by step, we'll all lose them.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I'm a former motorcycle club member in England (and yes I am heavily tattooed ) our club, and every other club I know held many events and raised a lot of money for charities, visited and gave rides to sick children and did many other things to go out of our way to promote a good public image. But the only things that made it past the local papers were the negative view of our lifestyle. The public has NOTHING to fear from bike club members and the only violence is between rival clubs ( or people that seem to want to prove themselves tough by taking on a biker )

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
it's not the normal clubs you have to worry about its the 1% clubs that are the issue, the drug running and the killing is nothing to them they are not the lets go get mike and dan and go for a ride kinda club you know?

[edit on 10-7-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Many of the members of the so called "1%er" clubs are family men with jobs and children. They DO NOT go out and cause havoc and eat your babies. There are people from all walks of life that kill people and run drugs. Please deny your ignorance and DON'T tar every person who lives a certain lifestyle with the same brush.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

so your saying that the Mongols or the outlaw bike clubs allthoe I am sure have family men in them and not all of them are tied up in drugs still the overwhelming majority are and when you associate with those types of people you get thrown in witht them. just the way it is and I never said 1% bikers ever eat babies come on now really? and if I walked in to a biker bar that was over 50% Mongol warring a hells angels patch I bet you I would be a dead man or close to it.

The U.S. Department of Justice defines Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs as organizations whose members use their motorcycle clubs as conduits for criminal enterprises[

thats from wiki OMC

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

If you were wearing a Hells Angels patch and walked into a bar full of Mongols then you'd deserve all you got for stupidity.

I've already stated that the only violence you're likely to encounter from bikers IS between rival clubs. If you have nothing to do with them you're unlikely to have any problems with them.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

What an absurd comparison to make.

There are some biker "gangs" comprised mostly of ex-cons that are connected to prison gangs and that do move Meth, fight with competitors, and are known to be lethally violent offenders. Some biker gangs are criminal organizations and Australia wants the opportunity to allow them to be classified as such. I'm sure the clubs have nothing to worry about, especially if they don't have a history of criminal activity.

Seriously though, everyone on a motorcycle isn't about to go into a concentration camp, a gas chamber, or about to be chained up in some rusty cell and tortured for years with all rights removed.

"Persecuted jews, apartheid"??!

Who'd have thought "tough guys" could also be "drama queens"?

- Lee

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

true that. I would poke my head in the door and go well time to hit the ol dusty trail..

with that said

"Outlaw Motorcycle Gang" or (OMG) according to the ATF[16].

One-percenter MCs (OMCs) do not allow women to become full-patch members[17][18][19][20], rather, women are submissive to the men[21], treated as property, victimized by forcing them into prostitution or street level drug traffickers, and are often physically and sexually abused[22]. Any pay women receive is given to their individual men and sometimes to the entire club[23]. Women's roles as obedient followers, and their status as objects, make these groups extremely gender segregated[24].

Membership in what authorities term "Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs" is often racist as well[25]. For example, membership in the Hells Angels is not open to African-Americans[26][27] or Hispanics

One Percenters

sounds like fine outstanding family men yep sure do

still if you would like to provide a counter argument to mine please let us debate kind sir.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

indeed I thought just about the same thing as you I wonder should I make a Motorcycle Gang. I can call it the Jew crew and allow only Jews in oh the thought of it makes the mind reel being outlaws from mon till friday at sundown!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

"One-percenter MCs (OMCs) do not allow women to become full-patch members[17]"

I'm afraid this is true.

"rather, women are submissive to the men[21], treated as property, victimized by forcing them into prostitution or street level drug traffickers, and are often physically and sexually abused[22]. Any pay women receive is given to their individual men and sometimes to the entire club[23]."

This is a load of old tish. Who makes up this rubbish ?

"according to the ATF[16]"

aha that explains a lot

Unfortunately I have work to do so I have no time to go into this further. but nice to have discourse with you.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

indeed I hope work goes well for you sir and I look foward to picking this up at a later date...

and just so you know I am a big fan of 1% MC

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Just one more quick post

Over here in Britain we have at least one women only backpatch club and believe me, if you want to keep your testes where they belong you DON'T mess with them, although they are nice friendly people.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

hmm ill have to look in to it sounds well interesting to say the least and scarry to say anymore is to invite DOOM!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I do not know any bikies, bikers or members of any OMCG (Outlawed Motor Cycle Gang). In saying that, they do not scare me and I have been inside country pubs where they gather and have never felt threatened by them. I do, however know a very old lady who has bikers as next door neighbours and she swears that it is the quietest and safest street and she feels so secure knowing they and their families are around.

I do not agree with the "guilty by association" attitude and the subsequent laws that have been put in place in Australia to control bike gang members. That is just as ridiculous as saying all Muslims are terrorists, or that all priests are paedophiles. I hate stereotyping and making judgement calls about people/groups because of a few bad apples.

Whilst some of these people do break the law (either petty or major crime) and are as rough as guts, there are the others that keep their noses out of trouble.

cheers
res

[edit on 10-7-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I have to say, I'm reading "bikie" like it was pronounced by an infant who wanted a rusk.

"Wanna bikie! Wanna bikie!"

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

This may be a dumb question but I don't get to talk to a biker every day. What exactly do biker clubs fight over? How are the fights carried out? And how often does something like this happen? Have you ever participated in a rival gangs fight? I'm actually rather curious and fascinated about this.

The few bikers I've known have been chill though, you respect them, they respect you.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

"What exactly do biker clubs fight over?"

same thing countries or any group of people fight over "my gang's better than your gang"

"How are the fights carried out?"

any way possible. A couple of years ago a (law abiding) member of the Hells Angels MC was shot and killed by a car full of members of the Outlaws MC while riding back from the Bulldog Bash motorcycle rally. Then last year there was a big fight at Birmingham airport after some of the Hells Angels and some of the Outlaws had the misfortune to be on the same flight back from Spain.

"And how often does something like this happen?"

not too often in the U.K. thankfully. occasionally there's a rash of incidents then things tend to calm down again.

"Have you ever participated in a rival gangs fight?"

happily no. although it was a near thing at one point but reason prevailed I'm very glad to say.

I hope I've answered your questions to your satisfaction.

top topics

join