It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about non-human induced global warming? (and cooling)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a68219ab919c.png[/atsimg]
upload.wikimedia.org...

Am I wrong to think that the planet got above that magical 2 degrees Celsius above the norm, well before the first model-T rolled off the assembly line? Without humans firing billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere?

Because I'll tell you this is about the only thing I see when they are selling their tax on breathing:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54dfc99ee396.png[/atsimg]
en.wikipedia.org...:Instrumental_Temperature_Record.png

Here is a little broader view of the temperatures and CO2 levels that have occurred on this planet in the past. There was life, 460,000,000 years ago, with a CO2 concentration of 4400 ppm, compared with the 370 ppm level we are currently at.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7fc321457299.gif[/atsimg]
www.geocraft.com...

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't like the idea of paying taxes on breathing. I mean hey, you cannot own a single thing while you live here, on the planet where you were born. IF you think you have a house, because you paid it off. See what happens if you quit paying property taxes. Now we don't own the air we breath.

I for one refuse to participate in any kind of breathing tax.

Humans are along for a ride on this planet. We are not in control of the climate. Mother Nature can chew us up and spit us out at any time.

There is absolutely no way that humans can change the climate, short of nuking every square foot of ice in Greenland, and Antarctica.

I am not saying that we should dump radioactive waste in the ocean, or plastic for that matter. Also I am not saying that pollution is good, it isn't. I completely agree with people who think dumping toxic crap in any river or body of water is a bad thing to do, and a sin against mother nature. I think that responsible environmental policy is essential to keep big corporations in check, and to keep us from being poisoned by industrial waste. I don't like a lot of things that are going on in the world environmentally speaking.

I am in complete agreement that we need to focus on cleaner energy sources, for a cleaner brighter tomorrow.

In my opinion the entire environmentalist movement or green movement or "Al Goreheads" is founded on the idea that man is pumping too much CO2 into the atmosphere, causing the planet to heat up. This is total retardation. CO2 and temperature levels change drastically from age to age without any help from man, as I said we are along for the ride.

Cap and Trade, and the entire global carbon credit system is a giant scam by the bankers, to make even more money off people trading carbon credits. Also it is to help fund the one world gov't.

I REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SCAM!!!!!

TAXING PEOPLE FOR BREATHING IS PURE EVIL!!!!!

I AM WILLING TO STAND AND SAY TO YOU GLOBALIST OVERLORDS, I WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR SCAM, I AM A HUMAN BEING AND HAVE THE RIGHT TO BREATHE FREELY ANY PLACE ON THIS PLANET.

THIS IS THE LINE IN THE SAND FOR ME!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have always been one to say the earth goes through cycles, it is natural. Granted, we probably aren't helping things but yes, there have been ice ages and heat waves. Mostly in my opinion a money maker for the greenies. Of course I must say I do my part to try to take care of this planet we are living on, but there is only so much we can do and there is so much that is out of our hands...called nature.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by opal13
I have always been one to say the earth goes through cycles, it is natural. Granted, we probably aren't helping things but yes, there have been ice ages and heat waves. Mostly in my opinion a money maker for the greenies. Of course I must say I do my part to try to take care of this planet we are living on, but there is only so much we can do and there is so much that is out of our hands...called nature.

Yep, we all need to be conservationists. But we need to be able to survive in a technologically improved lifestyle, that sometimes involves blasting down the interstate at 85mph in a v-8 powered pickup truck.

join