It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Probes Beheading of Statue of Liberty Replica Seen in YouTube Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

NYPD Probes Beheading of Statue of Liberty Replica Seen in YouTube Video

www.foxnews.com

Police in New York City are scrambling to locate the producers of a YouTube video that depicts a stolen replica of the Statue of Liberty blindfolded, beheaded and smashed into pieces — a display that one terror expert says is intended to "instill fear" in everyday Americans.

The 59-second video shows the 8-foot, 200-pound replica statue, which was stolen from a Brooklyn coffee shop last month, being decapitated and pulverized — accompanied by the words "We don't want your freedom" and "Death to America."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh in a way when I saw this. It just goes to show the futility of what they are trying to do. Really? In response to a multi-billion dollar war effort which involved the complete take-over of two nations, you steal a statue and break it on youtube?

I'm terrified...... :/

At the very least, they shouldn't have taken the thing from a public place in the first place. The next thing is that if you really want to make a statement, do something... oh I don't know.... a little more extravagant???? Just saying.

Hope they catch the people who did it.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Whoa!

I am so terrified! Everyone better go hide their garden gnomes from the evil terrorist's. Maybe we can get another patriot act to protect us?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Well ..lol... I think they ought to investigate it based on the fact that it was a stolen 8ft replica and thus was probably not cheap...

I think they are launching a investigation for the wrong reasons however .. theirs is based on terrrrrist.... spooky, ya know? They'll getcha.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Not sure about anyone else, but this doesn't really instill a sense of terror in me. You'd think that's what they were going for, being wannabe "terrorists" and all...

Yep. It takes some serious planning in the old evil lair to pull off a statue heist... from a coffee shop.

And then, have the nuts to smash it up into little pieces and put it on YouTube...

[insert sigh here]

Yeah that freedom of ours... It's the devil all right.

Well, they can smash a coffee shop statue like a troop of high school seniors. Anyone else soiling themselves about that "death to America" threat?

Star and flag to the Captain, by the way.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by SeekerOfAUTMN]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
We get it. You're a man who's not afraid of a statue being demolished for hateful reasons, legitimate or not. Congratulation. Now, that being said, and hubris established, a crime was still committed. That crime obviously relates to the statue which is depicted in the video. As such, at a very minimum it is prudent to investigate. Otherwise it would be negligent behavior on the part of the NYPD. It's the principle of upholding the law, not the principal of public perception.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

Sure a crime was committed and it should be investigated, I agree.

If it is as you say a principle of upholding the law not public perception then why make a sensational news story out of it?

Why are the NYPD scrambling to find the perps? God forbid another concrete statue is stolen and broken up.

I'm sure there are many more dangerous crimes being committed in NYC right now then statue smashing. The police need to focus there man power on more important crimes. You don't hear of the daily rapes, home invasions because those crime don't fit there agenda of fear mongering.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I hate people who do things like this. The country does not equal the govt! You should never disgrace countries like this. I'm from USA and would never disgrace a symbol of Iraq or Afghanistan or the USSR (during cold war). Show your opinion with something representing Obama or Congress (Saddam or Stalin statue in regard to previous sentence).

P.S. (Just seen vid, it's so stupid)

[edit on 9-7-2009 by walsbg22]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

Really!? Thanks for stating the blatantly obvious to me. I've been in the Army for a while now.
Yes - there was a crime committed..... theft and destruction of property..... Yeah. I was attacking the MSM's whole "terrorist" spin on it.

But thanks again.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The only reason the Jews dont push the palestinians in the US is that the NYPD is here to kick their ass.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Did anyone watch the video? It really doesn't look like it's 'terrorist related'.

I don't really know how to interpret it, but the nintendo sound effects at the end don't really 'instill fear' in me.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Let me see if I have this straight. My logic gene seems to be having trouble with this story.

These are the types of people that we HAD to have the Patriot Acts enabled to "protect us" from? These are the types of acts that terrorists are supposed to instill us with fear?

If these guys are, in any way, shape or form, a representation of a terrorist them there is now way, IMO, the OS of 9/11 could be true. Idiots like this couldn't have pulled it off, no way - of course, I've thought this for a long time and I didn't need this to make my opinion, but it seems relevant here.

Terrorists my behind. These guys are out smashing itty bitty statues and that's all they have? That's what they bring to the table? I'm supposed to be afraid of THESE GUYS?!?!?!?!?!

I think we need another dozen Czars, or so, to help protect us from the big bad terrorist who may smash a statue near you. I should shut up, I'm sure Obama's already thinking up ways to use this to get more cronies into office so they can screw us even more.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have to tell you that my statues are quaking on their pedestals!

I don't think that this really scared anyone. I think, if they ever find out who did this, that it will be a bunch of teenagers.

It does seem to be kind of a waste of time for law enforcement to try to figure out who did this.

new topics

top topics

join