It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all of these new movies and tv shows featuring ET's a sign of disclosure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It seems like it all started with "A Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy." Ever since then, i remember thinking many times "Whats up with all of these alien movies and tv shows recently". I cant think of any specific ones really, but I know that there have for sure been quite a bit.

The latest one is called District 9. This movie seems very realistic and I honestly think this may be a part of the disclosure process. Take a look at the trailer. By the way, in the interview part, the alien is saying "We just want to go home" and "we mean no harm". The second is apparently what this film is based off of. The second one was VERY interesting, as it features ships that are "over a kilometer in length". Very cool.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
i seriously doubt that it would be a sign of disclosure, maybe more of a reflection of people's interests in aliens

hitch hikers guide was a successful book and that very often is a sign that itll be a movie

district nine seems (to me at least) to be using aliens as a metaphor for oppresses groups in general.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ha!

Hate to break it to you but alien movies have been around a lot longer than Hitchhiker's Guide.

Some believe Close Encounters was a deliberate attempt by the Gov to get the public used to ET's.

I can name multiple alien movies every year since that time that work toward the disclosure goal.

But... It really good just be a good money making plot, summer block busters wouldn't be the same without an alien in them.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Fantastic Four 2 (2007)

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (2008)

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

Men in Black II (2002)

Monsters vs. Aliens (2008)

Race to Witch Mountain (2009)

Signs (2002)

Star Trek (2008)

The Day the Earth Stood Still (12.12.2008)

Titan A.E. (2000)

War of the Worlds (2005)

Are there any others?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
While the idea of aliens being prominent in tv/movie media could be indicative of a upcoming disclosure, it more than likely is not. The truth of the matter is curiosity concerning ET's is pretty wide spread throughout most of this country, and any time something piques the curiosity of the average American someone is going to try to exploit that curiosity. Fact is, using aliens sells movie tickets, toys, clothing, etc.

Aliens are popular, hence marketing aliens is popular as well.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well its been a bloody long process then if its being done via films.

Such as these from back in the fifties.

Earth verses the flying saucers.

It came from out of space.

Plan 9 from outer space.

Oh and not forgetting the first War of the Worlds.

And then there are the TV shows.

There have been many films/TV over the years,to many to list.They'd have landed by the time I got to the end of the list.

[edit on 9/7/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm under the impression that many science fiction shows are in some way disclosure. We just don't know it yet. Star Trek, Star Wars etc. My favorite now is Stargate Atlantis. They even have the Montauk chair in some small way.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
Fact is, using aliens sells movie tickets, toys, clothing, etc.

Aliens are popular, hence marketing aliens is popular as well.

you... don't think he already thought of that?
you think by stating the ultimate in obviousness.. that the OP's gonna go back to what he was doing before wondering about this and see your post and go: "OH! oh YEAH! it's a popular subject! why didn't III think about thaaaat?!! silly meee!"

you really think? you think you're introducing him to a new concept there?

lets leave that as a given.. and go above and beyond.. and realize that yes.. even though anything intriguing and non-mundane .. will be a money making subject for a movie.. it can simultaneously act as a acclimation tool to bring the collective mind to a virtually completely immersed threshold.. so that when the actuality of the situation reveals itself.. the public is LESS shocked and panicked.. and more like.. yeah? so?.. or "oh cool.".. or "finally!"...

can you understand that line of thought? that's what he's getting at here.. if you hadn't noticed... and aaaany interesting topic is going to make money and while something makes money this in no way negates it from having OTHER FACETS of it's EXISTENCE...

your conclusion is in no way enlightening imo.

it's a redundant obvious factor. that's regurgitated any time anyone brings up the topic of predictive programming ... and it is only meant for the dullards to accept as a finality of the equation.

CIA and hollywood have long been in connection, and there's nothing woo woo about it. it's a fact. acclimation is a fact and eventually we the public will make contact.. and before we do.. our government will have done so.. and before they introduce us to them.. we'll be acclimated to the concept to avoid mass panic as much as possible... this is what has been happening around you for over 50 yrs..

whether they're REAL honest to goodness "aliens from another planet" .. or completely hoaxed genetically bred beings to fool the masses.. is a different discussion.. it's the acclimation that is happening.. under the layman's dullard self-righteous illusionarily all knowing retort of "oh it's just for the bucks it's popular i know everything occams blabla the earth is mundane nothing other than what you see or are told is actually transpiring now go back to sleep" etc..

good luck in thinking that way buddy...
you're gonna need it.

-

[edit on 10-7-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic
Well its been a bloody long process then if its being done via films.

Such as these from back in the fifties.

Actually the first movie about aliens was A Trip to the Moon:
wikipedia link and was made in 1902. I'm sure those selenites were really scary for the movie folks back then and that there were actually people believing there were insectlike aliens inhabiting the moon after viewing the movie.

Here's a complete link to movies featuring aliens:
wikipedia

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Ummm.Did I ACTUALLY say the first was in the fifties?
ACTUALLY I just picked them as an example to the fact these types of film have been around for a long time.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by King neptune117

The current crop of Alien movies are simply a trend. It's called entertainment and guaranteed profit. Nothing more than fashion!

IRM

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
They have been showing Aliens on tv for many many years.
Since the time of some of the most famous sightings and incidents involving UFO
most of the childrens TV is full of aliens.
Its seems like they are programming the children of the world to accept them as the norm.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic
Ummm.Did I ACTUALLY say the first was in the fifties?
ACTUALLY I just picked them as an example to the fact these types of film have been around for a long time.

Didn't mean to offend you, just posting some trivia.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
what is an alien? j/k

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Ok.No problem.
For future reference try to limit the word actually.
It can be taken the wrong way.

Some of the older ones are great for reminding of what movies are about.
For fun,humour and for an hour and half and longer,escaping some of the crap maybe in our lives.

God I miss the Saturday matinees.Great part of being a kid with other kids that was.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
OP.....Yes, but it may not be in the way you prefer.

new topics

top topics

join