It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A federal agent just PREVENTED me from getting arrested....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
To me it just sounds like a big scam. Usually to get busted for this stuff, you need to be carrying over a certain amount of it. At least where I'm from, the amount you carry for personal use is legal, anything more than that is called dealing and you can actually get arrested for it.

It really seems to me like you got the good cop bad cop treatment so you'd pay that hefty fine you were given without asking questions. The way the "fed" arrived was really convenient. So my cynical (towards people) nature is leaning towards scam rather than some undercover operation.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't know why, but federal agents usually are better people. It's like, you go from asshole police officer, to kind federal agent, then back to asshole federal director.

It's an inverted uncanny valley, I tell you! Only with law enforcers, rather than robots!

Even so, do not think this as odd. I have weird connections to that sector.

Most of those officers are simply like that at their Federal level.

Why I do not know.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Krystian

this part has me confused..

they proceed to open the door and take me out of the car... (I never was handcuffed)

the many unfortunate incidents i have found myself in the back of a cop car, i have never entered one without being handcuffed. whether i cooperated or didnt they always handcuffed me...ive never seen anyone ever get into the back of a cop car without being handcuffed. its for the protection of the officers.

i have the inclination to believe you, but this part doesnt make sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Sure, I have heard of it. If anything it is a show of authority, to calm him down or just to make a point and discuss while he is tucked away worried.

The whole mess sounds like they were the ones up to something and you just walked nearby at the wrong time. They just wanted to shake you up., rid of you.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

if you are being detained by any officer, the first thing they do is tell you to put your hands on the hood of the car...then they searchg you..then the handcuff you, whether you are being arrested or not, then they put you in the back of the car.

all for the protection of the officer, even if you being fully cooperative.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I can tell you.

The man that prevented you from being arrested was hoping and trying to keep the story out of the local news, there is more then likely something planned for this park or the immediate surrounding involving a ranking political figure orrrr some type of benefit. And this officer was told to not allow any misdoings in this particular area for the next week or so. And not allowing it means just that. You just got very lucky.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Not always true. Especially in cases where the "suspects" are out outnumbered by the officers.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Not if he had no plans of arrest to begin with. You have honestly never seen anyone placed to sit in a back seat without cuffs? lol happens all the time. These guys just wanted info so if he yapped they would know where he lives. I doubt they were hanging around in the woods on official business at all. Who knows who they were meeting and why. Fighting this ticket (if there is one) is a bad idea..it would drag up too many ghosts for these coppers in the woods for no apparent reason except to explain why the OP's stash wasn't handed in as evidence.

Sounds like he was being like our big brother's buddy who enjoys shaking ya up for kicks.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by suzque66]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

ok, if you want to argue semantics, but that is not the case in this situation...ther are two of them. he said he was put in the back of the car, probably so he can be taken to the station and processed...if that is the case, then he most definitely would have been handcuffed.

if they were not going to charge him they would just issue a ticket and release him.

sometimes they even handcuff you if you are only going to be cited.

if they were going to take him "downtown" they would not put him in the car unhandcuffed, pull him out of the car, then handcuff him and then put him back in the car... doesnt make sense

that would be a first...

so either he was never going to be arrested in the first place, or this is a fabrication

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

so they had no intention of arresting him then. and he didnt get out of anything

if you think they were in the woods for some alterior motive why would they stop and bother some couple for smoking a joint?

why would they bring that attention to themselves?

why would they be there in their marked cars? lol...makes no sense...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

and they still are not put in the back of the car..they would be told to sit down on the side of the curb...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

There are curbs in the woods? lol maybe he didn't want the guy sitting in poison ivey or on some wet ground. He is lucky to be out of there alive with his gf, all I gotta say.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

that reply was not directed toward you...
i was replying to the comment that said "if there were more suspects than officers"...so, i said they would be told to sit down somewhere, they would not be put in the back of a police car without handcuffs...

if the police officers were just getting info, thats what they would have done. if they were going to arrest him on charges he would have been handcuffed, and then placed in the back of the car. thats basic stuff.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

that reply was not directed toward you...
i was replying to the comment that said "if there were more suspects than officers"...so, i said they would be told to sit down somewhere, they would not be put in the back of a police car without handcuffs...

if the police officers were just getting info, thats what they would have done. if they were going to arrest him on charges he would have been handcuffed, and then placed in the back of the car. thats basic stuff.

Theres also a good chance the Officers REAAALY didn't feel like chasing some dude through the bush because he decided to jet... Hot day, lots of gear, lots of coffe... shrubs with thorns..

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
They have your biometrics from your photo. You are in the database. That's all they need.

You lucked out now, but in the future it might work against you because you can be identified in crowds by security cameras at airports, bus and train terminals and any street USA.

Play it strait, and when you violate an unjust law as you did, be sure to understand justice is not absolute and from heaven. It's from agendas designed that will not consider you anything but a number set.

Information starts HERE but there is scarier stuff in a simple Google search of the term.

B1

ZG

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
marijuana causes paranoia.. and It makes run of the mill events seem more "out of the ordinary"

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think that BoneZ and Ghost have the right idea. You are most likely now in a biometrics database. Purportedly, it is difficult to disguise yourself from such measurements and law enforcement agencies are moving in this direction. I heard that the London spy cams were using face recognition and have apprehended many wanted individuals. Perhaps some of our UK members have more information on this.
As to the dope, you were lucky that is all you lost. Smooth move on carrying enough to get charged with distributing illegal substances. God watches over children and fools.........

[edit on 7/10/2009 by pteridine]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Krystian

maybe you look like his son, nephew, or somehing. Normal human reaction...they say there was good SSmen too...
two cents...

[edit on 10-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]
Sorry for mixing in Your Outremere
stuff but even here in Europe the Officers of Law have some libery o categorize and classyfie the Cases and for me it seems as stated above:
anyway isnt is beter to pay while You can??

[edit on 10-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Nice story, glad you had a happy ending

Sounds like the federal agent was undercover DEA. But this is just a wild guess. Perhaps he took your picture just in case he needed you as an informant sometime in the future. You can bet your photo is in a database somewhere along with all other perosnal info. To him, you were just "small fish" and he realized you are better to him out of jail instead of in jail. Local law enforcement officers often have nothing better to do than arrest people for petty "crimes" and it also looks good on their monthly quota.
Federalis however dont really care for people who use illegal substances for their own personal use. They see the "bigger" picture. I bet in his mind, he's thinkin he got you out of trouble...but you better be willing to help him out when he needs something in return.
Again, this is just guessing and speculation. Good luck in the now and future!

[edit on 10-7-2009 by thereaintnospoon]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

You just hit the nail on the head

No cops are just out trolling woods 10 feet off the path unless they are looking for a snakebite or something real.

In reality these guys should have just laughed and let you go, but it sounds more like they didnt want you around anymore at all...

So either they are the ones growing it, or you stepped into a trap already planned for someone else..

Lucky you were not in SD, where I was when that happened to me.. not so friendly people

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join