It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A federal agent just PREVENTED me from getting arrested....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
I see rangers and feds all the time in my state forests and parks..And the truth is,they roam for exacly what they put you in the car for..

You would be surprised on the amount of drugs grown on public land..

Funny, I was at a park one time, and they had a guy who would clean up and stuff in the park. I tried to give him $20 and he refused to take it because it could be construed as a bribe for that reason.

I thought it was pretty stupid, I just wanted to buy him a dinner or something because I know he doesn't get paid very much for what he does. But it turns out that the entire reason he couldn't take it is because of people who do that stuff.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian
But why would he take my picture? And why would he use a cell phone and spell out my name letter by letter...

Dont they usually go by DL#?

how else is he going to tell them your name when spelling it?
is your last name a name that usually requires that?
or is it like.. smith or jones or brady or william or something more ultra common?

oh yeah.. check your PMs pronto there OP..

-

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It's probably the new police car from Carbon Motors, the E7.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why, oh why, did you proceed to try and 'recreational smoke' around so many police? Dumb de dumb dumb. Sorry, dude, the fed probably thought you needed all the help you could get.

Here is some advice. If you see police, don't stop to smoke.

Thread closing in three, two, one....

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
ooh ooh ooh!
check it out..
hypothetical here..

local cops are urged to become more hardcore and no holds barred..
public becomes fearful and resentful..

feds come in to save the day with magic badges
(badgesbadgesbadgesbadgesbadgesbadges mushroommushrooom) sorry had to..

then people learn to love the feds.
... for whatever reason...

problemo reacto solution.

sweet.

-

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Funny how they proudly parked their transformer DEAD smack where everyone has to come in through...its not even a parking lot its just an entrance...and there it was lol...

and yea they did make a pretty big scene out of us....

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Krystian

@ the OP

"I sense humans very well and he didn’t have the same “asshole” auroa when I compared him to the troopers… "

You sense humans very well....hmm..interseting. What or which other species can you sense? Just curious...

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Charismagic]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charismagic

@ the OP

"I sense humans very well and he didn’t have the same “asshole” auroa when I compared him to the troopers… "

You sense humans very well....hmm..interseting. What or which other species can you sense? Just curious...

I can sense animals and how they are reacting to any given situation....

Do you not believe in empaths and the use of intuition?

One would assume with a name as CharisMagic you would be more open to such subject matter...

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Krystian]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

LOL! You got me there! Yes I am more "open" to the subject matter, but just wanted to be sure that you did not suddenly spring an "I am an alien actually" sort of a scenario later on.

Your thread interests me on two counts...

The 'acceptance' of an event, influences the energy brought to bear on it ( too vast a topic to go into, right now) and the lessons learnt at a personal level...

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I would think personally from the info you have given that their presence there is because parks are one of the biggest locations for "illegal" activities to go down.

Even your back woods or "family friendly" places.

They will typically either troll the area for the type of people who enjoy "illegal" activities and push them into doing searches and find what their looking for and make a bust, or they will bait and hook them with undercover officers/people they have previously caught and made a deals with.

There may have been a bigger sting going down while you were there and the Fed could put common sense together that you would be of no use to them and possibly get in the way for whatever may have been going down.

Or seen that you were not a local and apart of the local "illegal" activities that went down in that area, and would not have any info that they could use.

As for taking pictures, maybe for future reference incase he made a mistake you'd be easy to track, or maybe he'd approach you in the future for help of some kind because he has this held over your head.

For the time being, consider yourself lucky just be a little more alert in the future if anything seriously weird begins to go on, and hopefully you've learned your lesson and will either stop completely what you've been doing or be a little more cautious about it in the future.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
@OP. All federal agents use cell phones more than half utilizes a Nextel, to interface with dispatch, unless they are on an operation in which they will most likely use the P-25 encrypted Motorola radios.

As well, my FED vehicle I drive says SEARCH/RESCUE on the side and nothing else. There are a lot of vehicles that state just the sole purpose and not the agency in which it is affiliated with.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by jhill76]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I was just baffled and overjoyed, I even asked the agent after they pulled me out of the car why he just did this and he said this is decriminalized….which its NOT…I didn’t tell him that, but its definitely NOT decriminalized, especially on a federal level..He then proceeded to issue me a legitimate FEDERAL citation with a hefty amount to pay to be sent to a fed address in SC

Here's the thing. If they bust you and take you to jail, or end you up in court, that processing costs money. This way, you dont get arrested at all. You pay them. And they smoke your pot.

I'm guessing you were out on a well known beauty spot with your girlfriend. They probably get a buttload of you guys going down there.

In our country they just use speed cameras to get our money. Oh well.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
You were likely in the wrong place at the wrong time and they were up to something or waiting for someone else.

You are lucky, and not sure how that ticket thing works if you got it already but not likely it will arrive at all.

Cops around here don't care much about what you were smoking and having known a few DEA in my day these guys want little crap as possible distracting them during some thing up and coming.

Either way you are lucky to be alive.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
OP strikes me as a LEO trying to lure people into committing crimes, hoping they're foolish enough to think the 'feds' will bail them out when the po-po start harassing them.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Just curious...Seeing a lot of "odd" police stories (and activity)...

Couple of questions:

What general area of the U.S. (assuming you're U.S.) did this take place?

What did the federal agent look like (i.e., Stocky? Foreign? White? Clothing?)?

The federal agent was acting "playful" and not as if he were on business?

You're correct in thinking this is a very odd situation. How "handy" are federal agents that they just sweep in to a forest scene such as this?

[edit on 10-7-2009 by atswheat]

[edit on 10-7-2009 by atswheat]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So do you drive a custom truck / F550 chassis?

The P-71 is one of my favorites, and I've driven many. (they just go though brakes fast), as well as the Caprice.

and it is a shame they could be replaced with the E7, but mileage and diesel engine must make maintenance a breeze and green friendly.

I suppose just as the Jeep was replaced with the Hummer, the P-71's days may be numbered.

the GM demise is another plus for the E7.

And on topic,
I agree, you were probably compromising an undercover assignment that took major precident over a miniscule possession charge.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'd say they just wanted to get you out of there due to something bigger going down, but if that was the case, why have the "Police" rig right out in the open?

Could be anything, really.

I was unjustly stopped by a fed pretending to be a local cop in my hometown once. I won't go into details, but I was doing absolutely nothing wrong, and his false justification for stopping me was incredibly minor. He was in an unmarked car. His shoes did not match his uniform. He told me he was new to the force. He was to old to be new to the force. He was a complete jerk about the whole thing, even denied where he had been parked. Shined his light all over the inside of my car, at which point I invited him to feel free to search it, maybe find my drivers license which was lost in there somewhere among the paperwork, gym clothes, water bottles, sports equipment and such. He refused to budge on the matter and wrote me a warning. This warning was not written on the standard local, or even state form. It was a Federal form. He told me that warning would stay on my record for 7 years and that I was lucky that he wasn't going to give me a ticket for not having my drivers license with me. Warnings, both local and state, stay on your record for 3 years. DMV has no record of this warning. But somewhere, the feds obviously have a record going on me. He was completely bewildered when I recited my driver's license # for him once I couldn't find it, as well as my invite to search my vehicle.
I saw him a week later, directing traffic at a state construction site. He actually had the nerve to wave and smile to me. I rolled my window down and told him he was mistaken if he thought me to be his friend. Never saw him again.

A lot of stuff goes down - it could be anything really. But they now know you, and they know your weakness.

It doesn't sound like they were that interested in you GF. Did they take her picture and info too? Or just you?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian
But why would he take my picture? And why would he use a cell phone and spell out my name letter by letter...

Dont they usually go by DL#?

The MIB use cell phones and claim to be the "Federal Police" or even "Federal Investigators". They're a REAL group of folks, that can make the police do just about anything. The can even look like you and I.

It sounds like something like that.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Simple answer = The guy smokes/used to smoke cannabis.

He's compassionate. It's one of those dreadful side effect that we're not allowed to talk about on here.

He heard what these guys were doing, what they were planning to charge you with, stopped it before it was too late, and let you off.

Keep your/her household as legal as possible for as long as possible just in case...

*expects post to be deleted*

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Oh, no...the fed was a asshole for sure...tossing his authority around in t-bagging fashion.

but just not with you...at his level, its way funnier to mess with the local police...

Becoming a fed actually allows you to in a odd way become back to working for the people...challenging the local nazis and putting them back in their place.

Amusing story, but dont let the lesson get lost..you lucked out, but next time you may not be so lucky

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This sounds like a stake out, and you were not the person they had hoped you were!

The picture was to compare you to known associates of their suspect. They went back and did some thorough research on you, and since you are here typing, they must have not found you connected to their real target.

Federal Agents always work this way. They observe the local police and they orchestrate the investigation. They don't actively participate. He only stepped in this time, because he wanted you out of the way, and the police back on task.

Ever see police on the side of the interstate not pulling anyone over? Usualy you pass several in a row, or one at each exit. Ever hear of "Lucky" high dollar drug busts during routine traffic stops?

These things are not coincidences. You are lucky that your identity wasn't mistaken for the real perp! You may have ended up in Gitmo!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join