It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A federal agent just PREVENTED me from getting arrested....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
More than likely the picture of your face will end up in a face-detection database. That's what it sounds like to me anyways.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Law enforcement is a business. It's a business that requires an investment in man hours, equipment and facilities.

Everyone there was on the clock, in otherwords getting paid. The Park probably had some Federal Land and the Agent simply didn't want a State Judge strapped from budgetary concerns transferring your case out of the State to the Federal district to waste money on their budgetary concerns.

Most Federal Crimes require a minimum threshold of 50,000 dollars in some form of dollar loss or dollar gain for them to say, hey that case is a money looser. It costs them 35.00 a day to incarcerate you, it costs thousands to prosecute you, and well your little itty bitty indescretion seems like a big deal to you, but for guys trolling for million dollar cases you are just a minnow to throw back in the pond.

Sure they covered their butts, took a few photos entered you into a Data Base as part of a buildable profile if you should turn up on the radar again sometime.

Basically you were just stupid. Contraband should always be discretely concealed, and when in use, far from prying eyes.

Your lack of discipline and foresight was simply ammusing to the Fed, it was of mild interest to the Troopers who knew if they wished it could envolve a trip back to the office and possibly some overtime processing your paper work to pad their paycheck.

Crime is a business, fighting crime is a business, there was little to be gained in persecuting or prosecuting you, but a lot to gain in teaching you to grow up a little and stop thinking like a brain dead moron when you are out and about and more like the kind of sophisticated bad guy they truly respect instead of the little minnow that's hardly worth fileting and frying, and they wouldn't have even thought that had you used some common sense and discretion. Public Parks equal police, private parks equal security gaurds, it's not your mom's basement ok, don't treat it like it is.

Use your brain, that's why they gave you one.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by Krystian

Did he use the same cell phone to take your picture as he did to put your name in?

No he just took a digi out of his backseat...snapped a pic of my face...

The phone was just a pretty standard flip type phone...alsmot like the nest sprint/nextel walkie talkie cdma phones

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Could be one of the new Blackberry flip phones.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Law enforcement is a business. It's a business that requires an investment in man hours, equipment and facilities.

Everyone there was on the clock, in otherwords getting paid. The Park probably had some Federal Land and the Agent simply didn't want a State Judge strapped from budgetary concerns transferring your case out of the State to the Federal district to waste money on their budgetary concerns.

Most Federal Crimes require a minimum threshold of 50,000 dollars in some form of dollar loss or dollar gain for them to say, hey that case is a money looser. It costs them 35.00 a day to incarcerate you, it costs thousands to prosecute you, and well your little itty bitty indescretion seems like a big deal to you, but for guys trolling for million dollar cases you are just a minnow to throw back in the pond.

Sure they covered their butts, took a few photos entered you into a Data Base as part of a buildable profile if you should turn up on the radar again sometime.

Basically you were just stupid. Contraband should always be discretely concealed, and when in use, far from prying eyes.

Your lack of discipline and foresight was simply ammusing to the Fed, it was of mild interest to the Troopers who knew if they wished it could envolve a trip back to the office and possibly some overtime processing your paper work to pad their paycheck.

Crime is a business, fighting crime is a business, there was little to be gained in persecuting or prosecuting you, but a lot to gain in teaching you to grow up a little and stop thinking like a brain dead moron when you are out and about and more like the kind of sophisticated bad guy they truly respect instead of the little minnow that's hardly worth fileting and frying, and they wouldn't have even thought that had you used some common sense and discretion. Public Parks equal police, private parks equal security gaurds, it's not your mom's basement ok, don't treat it like it is.

Use your brain, that's why they gave you one.

Oh very true, a point one cannot argue with and the lesson was encoded during the process itself....

Once again i am truely grateful for not having a hardship bared upon me....

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Krystian]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
what they have now is your name, face and adress all in digital format possibly in some large data base to use in the near future.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

what they have now is your name, face and adress all in digital format possibly in some large data base to use in the near future.

Well so much for keeping from making a face book

Not but on a serious note, if say the fed agent didnt want to involve a fed court, why not simply late state handle it as they where?

Why intervene for no apparent reason...and then issue a citation for something that per your own federal rules is blatantly outlawed....and he even used the would decriminalized....which its def not....

Ive heard of Obama cutting federal funding for prosecution of these sort of crimes, but nothing officially has been said stating that to be true...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Do you mind telling us how much of a fine you had to pay ?

It would help to know ,if the sum of money involved would be worth the risk to the officers .
That is of course, if its a money making scam.

A big if , i know.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Do you mind telling us how much of a fine you had to pay ?

It would help to know ,if the sum of money involved would be worth the risk to the officers .
That is of course, if its a money making scam.

A big if , i know.

Fine is not insanely huge close to $400

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My guess is that something bigger was scheduled to go down in the park and your minor incident wasnt worth the risk of blowing the bigger deal.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian

Not but on a serious note, if say the fed agent didnt want to involve a fed court, why not simply late state handle it as they where?

Why intervene for no apparent reason...and then issue a citation for something that per your own federal rules is blatantly outlawed....and he even used the would decriminalized....which its def not....

Ive heard of Obama cutting federal funding for prosecution of these sort of crimes, but nothing officially has been said stating that to be true...

You need to watch some Law and Order episodes and realize that's about half the story but a good start.

You have three branches of the government involved in a crime.

The Police who apprehend offenders in your case the biggest reason to apprehend you is to get out of the hot park, back into the cool office, grab some better coffee and donuts in the process, and maybe pick up a little overtime processing your paper work and then transferring you to a county lock up.

Then comes the Prosecutor, his job is to take what evidence the police gathered and decide if it's worth prosecuting and how much it would cost and how much it will net. If you are looking at a probation or suspended sentence or an entire sentence because it's so short you spend it all in a county jail they don't make money off of working you full time till they get you to state prison, you would have to have the biggest mouth in the world or the worst lawyer to make to state prison with a half a ciggarette of questionable origin and a few more tucked away in your car.

The police might have scored some overtime making it profitible for them, but it would have been a looser case for any prosecutor who looks to make a career by recovering money from big dollar crimes and seizures and publicity.

The Judge who is aware of the overcrowding in the Penal System on the State Level and their budgetary concerns would have come next had you been prosecuted, rather than tie up his court room staff and the States facilities he would have simply said "Happened on Federal Land" transfer it to the Feds.

The Feds would be pissed because at this point you would have confesed everything and they would have had everything and had to sentence you under mandatory Federal Sentencing Laws to a minimum security Prison Camp, spent thousands prosecuting you, transporting you to the facility where you would have to serve your lousy 45 days with 2 off for good behavior, 35 dollars a day to house you, a few hundred dollars to clothe and shoe you and by the time they have you settled into a work detail and trained for it to make some money off you it would be time to go home.

Why bother, and they didn't, the Fed didn't want the cops who were only after overtime and getting out of the park for a while, costing the Feds money when it eventually got dumped by the State because the State at a higher level wouldn't wanted it to cost the state money.

If you want to be a criminal and engage in criminal activity learn how the system works first for pity sakes, there is nothing worse than a stupid and amatuer crook!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I have no idea where I should post this...

Nice story, but how the hell is it related to 9/11?

You could have viewed the main ATS homepage and decided to post in the General Conspiracy forum...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I was in Chicago several years ago and was in the wrong neighborhood and got " Rolled" it was a bizarre memory also. Then they got a call of a bust in that same area and let us go.

I wouldn't think much more of it then that if you were not important at the time and this might be their latest procedure put into practice. I've also witnessed kids near where I live getting their pictures taken when they had been caught vandalizing a Catholic school bus at the beach with silly string. ( stupid reason) IDK maybe they keep a scrapbook they joke about and have people like you in a betting pool as a repeat offender?

I was pulled over by a state cop in Wisconsin and a black or dark colored unmarked car pulled up behind him and they talked. I could hear the cop say to the guy " You're a long way from NASA" or something similar. The cop insisted on writing me a warning anyway.

One other time years later and again in Wisconsin, I saw a NASA badge. ( longer story) I thought it was fake, but seemed authentic. It was basically a silver metal with the words NASA. All I could think of at the time was that it had an A where it shouldn't have and didn't make any other connection.

You might already be tagged and followed as part of some other program. Some threads mention MKULTRA. You might keep a list of bizarre moments like this, but I wouldn't tempt fate over it though.

I'm surprised this thread is allowed anyay.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You need to watch some Law and Order episodes and realize that's about half the story but a good start.

You have three branches of the government involved in a crime.

The Police who apprehend offenders in your case the biggest reason to apprehend you is to get out of the hot park, back into the cool office, grab some better coffee and donuts in the process, and maybe pick up a little overtime processing your paper work and then transferring you to a county lock up.

Then comes the Prosecutor, his job is to take what evidence the police gathered and decide if it's worth prosecuting and how much it would cost and how much it will net. If you are looking at a probation or suspended sentence or an entire sentence because it's so short you spend it all in a county jail they don't make money off of working you full time till they get you to state prison, you would have to have the biggest mouth in the world or the worst lawyer to make to state prison with a half a ciggarette of questionable origin and a few more tucked away in your car.

The police might have scored some overtime making it profitible for them, but it would have been a looser case for any prosecutor who looks to make a career by recovering money from big dollar crimes and seizures and publicity.

The Judge who is aware of the overcrowding in the Penal System on the State Level and their budgetary concerns would have come next had you been prosecuted, rather than tie up his court room staff and the States facilities he would have simply said "Happened on Federal Land" transfer it to the Feds.

The Feds would be pissed because at this point you would have confesed everything and they would have had everything and had to sentence you under mandatory Federal Sentencing Laws to a minimum security Prison Camp, spent thousands prosecuting you, transporting you to the facility where you would have to serve your lousy 45 days with 2 off for good behavior, 35 dollars a day to house you, a few hundred dollars to clothe and shoe you and by the time they have you settled into a work detail and trained for it to make some money off you it would be time to go home.

Why bother, and they didn't, the Fed didn't want the cops who were only after overtime and getting out of the park for a while, costing the Feds money when it eventually got dumped by the State because the State at a higher level wouldn't wanted it to cost the state money.

If you want to be a criminal and engage in criminal activity learn how the system works first for pity sakes, there is nothing worse than a stupid and amatuer crook!

You explained that very well....i clearly understand what you are saying....

So by some grace of karma, when you break this down - the fact that i was first caught on federal land is essentially what saved me from a lot of court dates?

Very well written...thank you for your contribution....and I mean that sincerely...

So the whole cell phone/picture thing was simple gamesmanship?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Not to beat a dead horse, but yes, you lucked out. My Dad was a city cop while I was growing up, and I spent a lot of time around officers, and I have a basic understanding of how they think. My opinion is that the feds were involved in something else, and their agenda trumped the trooper's. You and your girl wandered into the middle of their investigation or exercise, and it was more expedient to get you out of there with as little fanfare as possible, ( including paperwork ). Perhaps your presence ( or the troopers ) threatened the covert nature of their work.
As our commrades here at ATS well know, the feds like to take pics of protesters and political dissidents, including sanctioned hemp rallies, hemp festivals, and yes, concerts like Grateful Dead shows. Nothing new there, but probably not much of a threat to you in general, unless you have another run-in with them. The local boys may have a description of your car, or a copy of your pic, and they might wait for you to slip-up with a minor traffic violation in order to pull you over. That's my opinion.
My advice? In the short term, cool your heels, clean-up your situation, be wary of who you're associating with. In the long term, *%#$ the man, stay true to yourself, and hope that this failed exercise in prohibition one day becomes another chapter in the book of "What DOESN"T Work in a Free Society". Keep on keepin' on, Bro!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It almost seems to me that them catching you ended up being a huge distraction from whatever they were supposed to be doing there. Something that the Fed's had an interest in. All the time wasted searching you, etc, was probably causing issues for the agent in question. Getting you out of the way would be ideal.

Strange story, but if I were in your position, I'm not sure I would look the gift horse in the mouth.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Osiris1953]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

More or less, that's all it was an attempt to rattle you and scare you.

Years ago probably when I was about your age, and cars had just come out and dinosaurs were still walking the earth a very lonely police officer who had tried to befriend me only to be rejected because I spotted two wallets one in each back pocket and the fact that he always wore bulky t-shirts or boots to hide gun of course had to be a cop, and cops don't normally make my list of friends.

He appealed to me when I busted him on the fact he was hiding what he was doing for a living and trying to be just a regular joe as a guy who really wanted to spend some time with a regular joe as a regular joe.

One day we were out having a few drinks and a bite to eat and some guy was driving backwards at 45 miles on an hour on divided main road becaue he missed his street and didn't want to do a u-turn, my friend was off duty but said hey I have to stop this guy just to convince him not to be such an idiot.

So he pulled out a light, pulled him over in front of his house sat him down on the curb and made a show out of it.

The funny thing was the guy he stopped thought of course I was a cop too, so I played the bad cop...

Don't want to hear your pitiful excuse, driving backwards for a mile on a crowded street is just stupid, what's wrong with you, my partner isn't going to want to take you in probably because it's just about shift change time and he has a hot date tonight but oh if were up to me, I would be holding you for 72 hours without charge just to teach you a lesson.

The guy was black and turned white as I told him all that, of course he had no idea I was not a cop, and just being sadistic for the pure sake of being sadistic.

It's a scare tactic to make you think better in the future.

Cops by the way have a very hard time making friends, that aren't cops, especially the women. I was dating a woman once whom I had at my apartment and she had an asthma attack and asked me to get her inhaler our of her purse, I opened it up and she had a 38 revolver in her purse, and I nearly freaked (I was on Federal Propation at the Time)

I looked at her incredulous and said you brought a gun into my house...and she said I am sorry I should have told you I am an FBI Agent and Deputy Director of Operation too.

I was like oh swell, I am pretty sure my probation officer would not appreciated me having you handcuffed to my bed...be a little more honest next time...

The only bigger crooks and liars than crooks and liars is cops!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
30 years ago the cops worked from field identification cards.
now with computers and the internet any cops anywhere in the US will know that you were pulled over and what they found.

The fed may think you are a dealer and does not want you busted for something petty.
He has your photo and ID info and if you get busted for something bigger he can add charges for this stop onto any new charges to make a even bigger case for the next 3 years.

Get you a case like a Altoids tin and glue two strong magnets on it and keep your illegals. leave a couple Altoids in the tin it confuses the drug dog.
www.blogcdn.com...

And keep a fine oil film on the can so your fingerprints will not stick.
And stick the can in th engine compartment or under the car where the only way it will be found would be by a drug dog.

The rule is if it could have been planted on you car its harder to prove it was not planted by someone.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well thank you all for contributing...I pretty much got my answer

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Krystian]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Its means and its the first thing I got from this... YOU are on a list....

I cant tell you more then that becuase I really dont know to much about it.

Call me a bit tin hatish becuase I am...

You are on the Fed list.... You are being watched they know who you are and they dont want you in some crackpot local jail for whatever reason.

In otherwords you are under watch and they maybe looking at you as a way to get to others.

So becarefull when you talk to others about subjects concerning the government, New World Order, UFO's, Military or anything else that has todo with a subject on ATS or anyother site like this.

They may believe that they can use info they get from you to gain evidence on others or for some other purpose.

Do you have friends or friends of friends close to the government or free masons? (Local free mason like ones in farmlands or the country)? Or are members or loosly nit groups that maybe anti-NWO or anti-Goverment. Even a gun club?

Dont answer these questions to me... or this post. Just think about the people you know and maybe the people that your friends know.

Any connection. Inother words you may be a lead for the Feds and they dont want a source of info willing or not to be rotting in a jail... get the meaning of this?

I do take risk telling you this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join